Christian Group Picket Metal Gig In Belfast

Started by thejuice, May 19, 2007, 09:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=72827

Metal band Akercocke were having their gig picketed by a Christian group. Whatever your opinion of this band (a load of sh1te, if you ask me) or the metal genre, this was enough to get Stephan Nolan on the case to include it on his TV programme Nolan Live. It just amazes me that in this day and age people are up in arms over this. Fair enough back in the 70's when we were a bit more naive and God fearing Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath and the Sex Pistols genuinely scared people.

But today surely people would realise that metal music doesnt make people evil or grow horns. The worst it can do is make your teenager wear black clothes and dye their hair. Drug dealers have a more damaging effect on people yet Christian groups dont get out on the streets for that. They dont picket night clubs and disco's where theres fighting, drug dealing and under-age sex. But no its a funny looking guy with the long hair and the loud guitar thats ruining everything. Im not bashing Christians here i just want to point out that they're going after the wrong people.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

Seen that group on Nolan the other. Look like complete twats, but then so again did the people who were complaining about them.

So tell me, who knew they were playing before the protests?
Testing Accessibility

GweylTah

Good old Stephen Nolan - these nonentities and another nonentity who invented a silly game loosley based on the Troubles in NI, plucked from obscurity by the chubby one and given the oxygen of publicity that would have cost them thousands to advertise themselves on UTV, radio or the press.  Now, the God-botherers are doing the same.

ziggysego

Quote from: GweylTah on May 19, 2007, 09:55:24 PM
Good old Stephen Nolan - these nonentities and another nonentity who invented a silly game loosley based on the Troubles in NI, plucked from obscurity by the chubby one and given the oxygen of publicity that would have cost them thousands to advertise themselves on UTV, radio or the press.  Now, the God-botherers are doing the same.

:o I agree with Gweyl!!!!
Testing Accessibility

thejuice

I guess so, i think the gig sold out in the end. Its done wonders for the band anyway, i had never heard of them before this , and this storey is plastered all over the internet.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ziggysego on May 19, 2007, 09:57:06 PM

Ziggy yourself and GwelTah are doing a bit of a Martin and Ian love in - whats the craic???
Tbc....

ziggysego

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 21, 2007, 08:10:05 PM

Ziggy yourself and GwelTah are doing a bit of a Martin and Ian love in - whats the craic???

He realises I'm from here and he's from here. er.. there... the North....

.... my head hurts. I'm going to lie down for a while.
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ziggysego on May 21, 2007, 08:12:07 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 21, 2007, 08:10:05 PM

He realises I'm from here and he's from here. er.. there... the North....

.... my head hurts. I'm going to lie down for a while.

I'll give you that one   :D
Tbc....