Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 23, 2020, 09:37:42 PM
Quote from: sidelineball on August 23, 2020, 09:17:43 PM
Intermediate is shaping up as expected. Gortin, Greencastle, Edendork and Eglish progress to QF's. I expect Edendork to dispatch Rock fairly handy and Gortin to progress as they have previous experience over Eglish at this stage. Is it open draw for Edendork and Gortin going into Semi? As they'll like to avoid each other I'd imagine

Edendork head and shoulders above anything else in the division

Wouldn't be so sure of this. Hackett and rock have been talking a while now about doing a 'tattyreagh' and they are still on for it.

square_ball

Quote from: WT4E on August 23, 2020, 09:57:18 PM
Intermediate is shaping up as expected. Gortin, Greencastle, Edendork and Eglish progress to QF's. I expect Edendork to dispatch Rock fairly handy and Gortin to progress as they have previous experience over Eglish at this stage. Is it open draw for Edendork and Gortin going into Semi? As they'll like to avoid each other I'd imagine

Wouldn't be so sure of this. Hackett and rock have been talking a while now about doing a 'tattyreagh' and they are still on for it.

That's what they'll be saying about you boys next year after the Tones walk through the junior championship this year!

clarshack

Rock will put it up to Edendork. There won't be much in it.

GetOverTheBar

The Rock have a chance if its a bad weekend. Dry day, Edendork will take them easy enough. Eglish look to be in the way for the whole thing, they are going rightly under the radar.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 24, 2020, 03:03:32 PM
The Rock have a chance if its a bad weekend. Dry day, Edendork will take them easy enough. Eglish look to be in the way for the whole thing, they are going rightly under the radar.
Are Eglish ready to come up again though? Very young team, with very little senior presence.. Possibly better to stay in intermediate for a while. Otherwise they will end up like Galbally & Pomeroy yoyoing up and down this past few years

Pearse Blue

They would continue the 'tattyreagh' and get relegated instantly, is there any point? Only team in Div 2 that is a capable senior team is Edendork

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Pearse Blue on August 24, 2020, 03:40:17 PM
Are Eglish ready to come up again though? Very young team, with very little senior presence.. Possibly better to stay in intermediate for a while. Otherwise they will end up like Galbally & Pomeroy yoyoing up and down this past few years

They might have a very high profile return come the end of this year from what I hear....

Agyharan getting beaten was a big surprise, wouldn't have give Aghaloo a chance in that one. Before that I'd have said Greencastle will Greencastle Aghaloo on road to Semi, maybe Aghaloo are the ones that come from nowhere this year.

It's Edendork to lose, they have got a right few players back on the scene this year. Gortin are always there or there abouts in Intermediate, wouldn't be fair not to give them a punchers chance v Eglish.

tyroneman

Strabane have really regressed this past few years - are they down numbers / nothing coming through or what's the story?

Big enough catchment area and great faciities from what I remember

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 24, 2020, 03:55:00 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on August 24, 2020, 03:40:17 PM

They might have a very high profile return come the end of this year from what I hear....

Don't start this craic again

Goals_Will_Come

Senior Championship:
Trillick V Killyclogher
Coalisland V Derrylaughan
Ardboe V Dungannon
Errigal Ciaran V Dromore

Intermediate Championship:
Tattyreagh V Beragh
Rock V Edendork
Aghaloo V Greencastle
Eglish V Gortin

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: tyroneman on August 25, 2020, 09:02:29 AM
Strabane have really regressed this past few years - are they down numbers / nothing coming through or what's the story?

Usual story, fall outs....

Strabane was always a great game up there. People used to make snide remarks about the estate about Ballycolman but it was one place I always loved playing when they were going well. Strabane never took it off the pitch either. Would like to see them get back on track.

GlenMan

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 25, 2020, 11:12:36 AM

Usual story, fall outs....

Strabane was always a great game up there. People used to make snide remarks about the estate about Ballycolman but it was one place I always loved playing when they were going well. Strabane never took it off the pitch either. Would like to see them get back on track.

If they keep their fists down it'd be a good start.

clarshack

Senior Championship:
Trillick V Killyclogher
Ardboe V Dungannon
Errigal Ciaran V Dromore

Tattyreagh V Beragh
Rock V Edendork
Aghaloo V Greencastle
Eglish V Gortin

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 25, 2020, 11:02:10 AM
Senior Championship:
Trillick V Killyclogher
Ardboe V Dungannon
Errigal Ciaran V Dromore

Tattyreagh V Beragh
Rock V Edendork
Aghaloo V Greencastle
Eglish V Gortin
Senior Championship:
Trillick V Killyclogher - was very dissapointed with Trillick against Galbally, thought they were very poor. They are well capable of improving but think Killyclogher will fancy an upset and their big players are in good form.
Coalisland V Derrylaughan - Coalisland will have too much quality for Derrylaughan.
Ardboe V Dungannon - both teams got over their scares in the first round but neither were impressive. Think when comparing the two sides at the minute there is more quality all round in the dungannon team, they also have a strong bench to fall back on.
Errigal Ciaran V Dromore - getting a win in the championship for the first time since 2016 is a big weight lifted from Dromore. Errigal with their injury problems as well. Think Dromore now with their tails up will edge it, wouldnt be surprised if it needed extra time again but think Dromore will come through it.

Tattyreagh V Beragh - Tatts look in a good place with their injured men returning against Strabane. Beragh will be their usual hard to beat selves but with the quality in the Harkins, Eoighan Murray etc they should come through to find themselves in the semi final again.
Rock V Edendork - Rock will provide a challenge for Edendork, but when looking at the Edendork team its difficult to see who in the division can really beat them. Lot of firepower and strong around the middle, it will take someone getting them on a very off day to beat them.
Aghaloo V Greencastle - Aghaloo looked good against Aghyaran, their forward line of the two McGlones and Niall McElroy will provide any team with a challenge. With their tails up they will fancy beating Greencastle and going onto the semi final. Greencastle plenty of experience and will improve from Stewartstown but fancy Aghaloo to take this one.
Eglish V Gortin - Eglish go in as strong favourites based on their form but Gortin have history of upsetting Eglish and with their experience will run Eglish for all their worth. Think Gortin are good enough to cause an upset with their set up and with the form Ruairi Keenan was in against Owen Roes, he is capable of dominating games which would give Gortin every chance.

Angelo

We don't seem to do well out of our big towns - Dungannon, Cookstown, Strabane.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL