American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Ive got 1 of them boxes to Gab..in a bar in New York...1000 dollar box..went half's on it with another lad...1st-15000..half-20000... 3rd-15000 and full time is 50000  :o :o

Gabriel_Hurl

thats some serious money Dev

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

All the bars round Yonkers/Bronx have boxes...start of at 100 dollar right up to 10,000 a box
1000dollar box isn't to bad just pay of x amount a week from september...would be nice to hit the full time score :o :o

heganboy

*ahem* its not dollars it points your honour...

a guy I work with is in a 10k per box game, no half time score, winner takes the lot. Its been sold out the last 3 years and there's a waiting list to get on it. They're thinking of doing 2 games this year...
million points for the winner tax free...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Tyrones own

$5000 is the biggest around these parts that i'm aware of,
   50 g's for 4th quarter.....nice
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

DrinkingHarp

Another way to gamble for you degenerates is strip cards. Take an envelope turn it longways right numbers 0-9 with a blank space line next to each number. Everyone signs their name and you can do it per quarter or half and final. The amount per person can be from 5-100 depending how much you want to cough up. Everyone sticks their money into the envelope and sits back to win.

Make sure the numbers are in no set order, something like Gab put up.

So if you have 8 and the end of your quarter or half or final and the score is 12 to 6 you add up the last numbers which would be 8.

Winner takes all.

Simple and easy.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

new devil

Quote from: heganboy on January 31, 2008, 06:58:32 PM
*ahem* its not dollars it points your honour...

a guy I work with is in a 10k per box game, no half time score, winner takes the lot. Its been sold out the last 3 years and there's a waiting list to get on it. They're thinking of doing 2 games this year...
million points for the winner tax free...

Sorry points ;D ;D

new devil

They do the same for All Ireland Finals

DrinkingHarp

Good news for Gab, the NFL is going to have a game in Toronto for the next 5 years.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

AZOffaly

Register for tickets for Wembley '08 on NFLUK.COM.

I'm already in. 4 requested. Now the long wait till May when it's announced.

Rossie11

Fair play to them this year they got a good game. Should be high scoring and the likes of Bush and LT for the PR.
Not missing this one

Minder

Im in too, hopefully the weather is a bit better this time. Looking forward to seeing a bit of Bush in London that weekend......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

Is there anyone who thinks the giants have a chance?

I think the giants will sneak it hopefully 32-31 ;)

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on February 01, 2008, 11:32:07 PM
Good news for Gab, the NFL is going to have a game in Toronto for the next 5 years.

pity you have to buy all 8 games

$2,000 up front