American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

3-2 Rockets but Chris Paul looked like he did his hamstring.
Very messy but very exciting game.

The Warriors were poor again. Klay was awful in the first half but battled through it and started making some big shots in the 2nd. Curry battled back from a poor start too and again had some great drives to the basket but has lost his shooting mojo. Draymond tried as hard as ever but was sloppy and had 6 turnovers. I thought Durant was very poor last night even though he scored 29 and is like a separate entity on this team. Just seemed to be forcing it all night. dribbling into traffic and taking terrible shots. He made a few great 3s but his performance was worse than his numbers would suggest.

Iggy has been a huge loss obviously.

In the last 2 games the Warriors had possessions to win or tie in the last 30 seconds. They looked clueless and panicked, took bad options and you'd have to blame that on Kerr.

Hard to see Paul being right for the rest of the series and if he is done you'd still have to make the Warriors favorites.

The Iceman

I don't know if any of us would have predicted the current standings in the conference finals and which teams would be 3-2 up... Some great competitive back and forth games. The playoffs have been excellent viewing, compelling sporting contests - I'm loving it....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Crazy stuff from LeBron. Huge Game 7 in store now. Can he do that again after playing 46 minutes?! Celtics haven't lost at home yet this postseason

Syferus

Goodnight Boston. Delighted. LeBron is probably the GoAT now.

Gabriel_Hurl

A real pleasure to watch him - unreal

Oraisteach

Carmen Stateside

That was some show from James. Superb entertainment !

gallsman

He's something else.

Cavs will be cannon fodder for whoever wins the West.

magpie seanie

I think this is the season that LeBron deserves the most kudos for. Fair fucks to him.

Minder

Quote from: Syferus on May 28, 2018, 03:56:18 AM

What ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on May 28, 2018, 11:38:57 AM

What ?

Greatest Of All Time.

I still can't go past Michael Jordan, because I saw him in his pomp and he was incredible. But I haven't seen nearly as much of James or Curry.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2018, 11:40:45 AM

What ?

Greatest Of All Time.

I still can't go past Michael Jordan, because I saw him in his pomp and he was incredible. But I haven't seen nearly as much of James or Curry.

Same for me. LeBron is amazing though. Jordan will always be one of my heros though and I cannot see him being eclipsed by anyone.

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 28, 2018, 09:53:18 AM
I think this is the season that LeBron deserves the most kudos for. Fair f**ks to him.

I'd be inclined to agree. The roster he has is absolute dogshit. They made an absolute mess of the Irving trade and he's still dragged them to the finals.

Going to revise my earlier assertion that the finals are a foregone conclusion. If the Rockets win through and CP3 is out, Cavs have a chance.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2018, 11:40:45 AM

What ?

Greatest Of All Time.

Yeah I know what he means I just don't see how last nights game decides the debate, not that it can be decided in my opinion.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on May 28, 2018, 12:11:44 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 28, 2018, 09:53:18 AM
I think this is the season that LeBron deserves the most kudos for. Fair f**ks to him.

I'd be inclined to agree. The roster he has is absolute dogshit. They made an absolute mess of the Irving trade and he's still dragged them to the finals.

Going to revise my earlier assertion that the finals are a foregone conclusion. If the Rockets win through and CP3 is out, Cavs have a chance.

Yeah I don't give them much of a chance against GSW, but I think they do against Houston. Cavs 9/2 to win the finals