American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 11, 2017, 02:27:18 PM
Did he not play with the Nuggets as well? Anthony I mean? I'm pretty sure he was there for a rake of years and had the same knocks on him there, i.e not a team player, a me feiner who is more interested in padding his stats than winning a championship. I'm fairly sure that's why real contenders have never really gone near him.

He is a naturally selfish player for sure, but that's probably because he has been far and away the best shooter in any team he's ever been in. Part if the problem is that the Knicks generally have only had him and one or two other half decent shooters, so the options have not really been there. One year they were decent when JR Smith was on form, but he blew a gasket in a playoff game against Jason Terry and never recovered (same week he was voted best 6th man in the league). It's up to the management to surround Melo with players and find a system that works. Like I said, he is an easy scapegoat for the Knicks horror show. I've no idea what Denver fans thought of him.

gallsman

Melo's career deserves nowt. An elite scorer with no interest in playing defence whatsoever ever since he was drafted. No team that has any interest in contending has any business adding him. Cavs made the right move going for Korver. While he can still score, the game has moved beyond what Melo can offer. Compare him to KD and you can see just how far off the level he is.

He's been finished in NY for years and has happily hidden behind his no trade clause. Even without him the Knicks are a complete mess with Jackson in charge but Melo is no help.

Minder

Some start to NFL free agency, Texans basically gave Browns a 2nd round pick in 2018 to get rid of Osweiler, a salary dump NBA style
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on March 09, 2017, 09:15:09 PM
Some start to NFL free agency, Texans basically gave Browns a 2nd round pick in 2018 to get rid of Osweiler, a salary dump NBA style

Id say they are after Romo. Alshon  Jeffrey gone to Eagles. Cards get kicked Phil Dawson but looks like Calais Campbell is off to Jacksonville and Tony Jefferson to Baltimore.

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

AZOffaly

Syferus

John Elway is going to look like a bit of a lemon if he doesn't get his QB two years in a row because of the Texans. And the Texans have shown they're mad enough bastàrds  that they'll overpay.

But without a big ticket QB the Broncos will find it difficult to attract and retain the talent that makes you the Super Bowl contender Elway intends them to be this season and next.

AZOffaly

Yeah it's probably between them and Houston for Romo.

If I was Romo, I might be thinking that Jacksonville, Indianapolis and Tennessee is an easier path to the playoffs than Kansas, Oakland and the Chargers.

Ball Hopper

NCAA College Basketball's March Madness starts today.  Probably the top sports tournament in the world...agree or disagree? 

AZOffaly

Love it. Even the play in games the last two nights were excellent.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 10, 2017, 02:23:53 PM
Yeah it's probably between them and Houston for Romo.

If I was Romo, I might be thinking that Jacksonville, Indianapolis and Tennessee is an easier path to the playoffs than Kansas, Oakland and the Chargers.

I agree and I think the Houston defence is better and younger than the Broncos. Houston could be very good with an above average QB.

foxcommander

Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 16, 2017, 03:26:19 PM
NCAA College Basketball's March Madness starts today.  Probably the top sports tournament in the world...agree or disagree?

Wouldn't make the top 100 for me. Rather watch world series tiddlywinks. Still better than rugby though.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

stew

Quote from: foxcommander on March 16, 2017, 10:09:04 PM

Wouldn't make the top 100 for me. Rather watch world series tiddlywinks. Still better than rugby though.

Ball hopper, you need to get out more, top flight rugby is tremendous, as for March Madness, absolutely brilliant theatre, among the best sporting event on the planet.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: stew on March 16, 2017, 10:22:02 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 16, 2017, 10:09:04 PM

Ball hopper, you need to get out more, top flight rugby is tremendous, as for March Madness, absolutely brilliant theatre, among the best sporting event on the planet.

What brings you to that conclusion?

Minder

Las Vegas Raiders - NFL owners just can't get enough money for themselves
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"