Author Topic: Poppy Watch  (Read 163842 times)

JoG2

• View Profile
Re: Poppy Watch
« Reply #2085 on: November 16, 2017, 09:30:52 AM »
Hes just a jealous west brit

Like it or not if you are born in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland you are a subject of Elizabeth the Second whereas in the Republic you would be a citizen.

Don't be too upset. You are in good company

No you're not.  Technically I'm both a British and Irish citizen, though in my day to day life I choose to identify as Irish.  Ironically one of the qualifications to be one of the few "British subjects" still around is to be born in the 26 counties before 1949, so your Da or Granda might be a British subject, but very few others are.  The "subject" designation was done away with in 1983 and cannot be passed on.

I've that clown on ignore but I'm glad that, on this occasion, the quote function allowed me to see him being made a fool of yet again.   ;D

Reminded me of Kurt Russell owning Billy Bob in the saloon scene in Tombstone. Very satisying  :D

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: November 16, 2017, 09:33:02 AM »

Pure lunacy but that was in hindsight, at the time they were led to believe different, bit like Brexit!

You're the only one round here who believes different re brexit

Show me a post where I've said Brexit is a good thing? other than a wind up I've not stated anything other than, its done lets see if it happens and when it does will it be as bad as the experts say... my view is its been bad for years wages havent went up and thats not down to Brexit, its been like that for years before the vote
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

haranguerer

• View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 17, 2017, 08:44:25 AM »
That post mentions 'pure lunacy', you compare it to Brexit. That's in fitting with most peoples views, but not yours.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 17, 2017, 09:52:21 AM »
That post mentions 'pure lunacy', you compare it to Brexit. That's in fitting with most peoples views, but not yours.

Again, show me where I've said Brexit is a good thing, Ive already stated that we havent been down this road before so there is nothing to comapre it with.. my view has always been remain, I voted for it along with the majority of the rest of NI but the doom merchants on here have compared it with the 1800's..
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)