Author Topic: Movie reccomendations  (Read 442917 times)

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
Re: Movie reccomendations
« Reply #6975 on: January 14, 2018, 03:47:42 PM »
Three Billboards is one of the best movies I've seen in years. McDormand is absolutely brilliant as usual and Harrelson was very good. Thought Sam Rockwell absolutely stole the show though.

Class movie, can't understand anyone who doesn't rate this movie.
I thought it was a class film too but I suppose some critics  bypass the black absurd humour  and focus on the blatant implausibility in the storyline  and some  ott corny character depictions.

Special mention for the actor who played the kid in the advert agency.

Got to see it last night. Good show, but too many minor characters & sub threads going on. McDormand can sure put a petrol bomb together......sounded like there was Semtex in them.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: January 14, 2018, 04:24:25 PM »
Yeah watched it last night also, good show, even the wife liked it
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

mrdeeds

• View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: January 14, 2018, 05:59:10 PM »
Watched Baby Driver. Decent.

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: January 14, 2018, 08:55:06 PM »
Just seen 3 billboards. Underwhelmed. 7 physcopaths is a funnier film and in Bruges an all round better crafted piece. Now it has some great scenes but falls for Mc Donaghs traditional weakness, it starts well, lags in the middle and finishes brilliantly.

Mc Dormand is excellent but I thought woody was better than Rockwell. Now itís a good film and all but Iíd argue In Bruges and 7 physcopaths arenít that far behind it. I was just a bit underwhelmed by the Oscar talk.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

The Iceman

• Here comes the Pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: January 15, 2018, 05:47:47 PM »
American Assassin - lots of action, predicatable story but watchable nonetheless 6/10

Mountain between us - watched it with the Mrs - it was alright passed a bit of time - 4/10

Allied - great show, very surprised by it wasn't expecting it to be as good - 7/10

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight