Dogs

Started by pearses, October 25, 2007, 05:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on May 30, 2010, 12:22:27 PM
What the fcuk is going on with that pic of Ziggy on page 1?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! Only just noticed that!!  :-[ :-[ :-[
Testing Accessibility

Alco Pup

Does anyone have any idea how to stop your dog from following you when you are heading off to work???
Am not keen on tying him up, as he has a tendency to get himself tangled up. 

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Alco Pup on July 14, 2010, 09:10:28 AM
Does anyone have any idea how to stop your dog from following you when you are heading off to work???
A belt of a hurl to the side of the head should sort him
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Alco Pup

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 14, 2010, 09:11:58 AM

Lol, am guessing you are not a fan of dogs!  :)

let me rephrase that..

Does anyone know a way that won't result in me being arrested for cruelty to animals, that i can get my dog to stop following me when I'm heading to work?

Alco Pup

Am thinking about getting some proper dog training classes, there's someone in Tandragee called Keith Mathews - has anyone heard of him or went to him before?

Orior

Quote from: Alco Pup on July 14, 2010, 09:36:29 AM
Am thinking about getting some proper dog training classes, there's someone in Tandragee called Keith Mathews - has anyone heard of him or went to him before?

Yes, I sent my wife to him. She still wont do what I tell her though.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hardy

Quote from: Orior on July 14, 2010, 10:36:46 AM

Yes, I sent my wife to him. She still wont do what I tell her though.

I tried that too and it backfired completely. I've now learned how to beg.

ziggysego

LaoisLad is right. Takes a bit of training. Smack the dog on the nose each time s/he leaves your home. After a bit of time, depending how smart your dog is, s/he soon learn not to leave.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on July 14, 2010, 02:07:52 PM
LaoisLad is right. Takes a bit of training. Smack the dog on the nose each time s/he leaves your home. After a bit of time, depending how smart your dog is, s/he soon learn not to leave.

Same rules apply when dealing with bold kids
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Main Street

I see some logic in Ziggy's advice in regard to the Tyrone dogs, but the 4 legged variety in Tyrone should have more sense and will respond to voice commands when properly trained to do so.

Plan B.  Once your dog gets a whack from a car and lives to run on 4 legs again, then they are trained for life as regards to leaving their patch. I don't know how you could engineer this and still have a living dog, maybe a soft whack in the rear end from a nice wrap around bumper on a car traveling at 20kmph could do the trick.

delboy

He's very good, he doesn't train the dog though he trains the owner how to interact with and train their dog, very much a holistic approach so expect to make all sorts of changes to how you treat the dog, those who think of dogs as equal members of the family may well struggle to follow the advice but then thats probably why they have a problem dog in the first place.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Alco Pup on July 14, 2010, 09:20:33 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 14, 2010, 09:11:58 AM

Lol, am guessing you are not a fan of dogs!  :)

let me rephrase that..

Does anyone know a way that won't result in me being arrested for cruelty to animals, that i can get my dog to stop following me when I'm heading to work?
I don't know think you'll get him to stop following you. Same with a dog that's a the rambling type, you can't stop them.

Can you not close him off in the garden or something?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: delboy on July 14, 2010, 05:23:09 PM

He's very good, he doesn't train the dog though he trains the owner how to interact with and train their dog, very much a holistic approach so expect to make all sorts of changes to how you treat the dog, those who think of dogs as equal members of the family may well struggle to follow the advice but then thats probably why they have a problem dog in the first place.

These type of people sicken my hole
You'll Never Walk Alone.

delboy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 14, 2010, 06:19:30 PM
Quote from: delboy on July 14, 2010, 05:23:09 PM

These type of people sicken my hole

Yeah the sort of people that kill/ruin their dog with kindness feeding it rich crap and turning it inot a v. stressed dog by letting them think they are the boss and therefore responsible for the pack/family.

Galwaybhoy

Its well worth getting your dog trained.  But a bit of time is needed.  I used to bring my German Shepherd down to your man in Blueball Co. Offaly who is very good with dogs.  He lets the dog know who is boss and sometimes he seems very harsh on the dog but I suppose you have to be like that to train him.  The only thing is alot of time is required.  I went to him once a week but I had to spend 15 minutes everyday at home training him myself but not long after that 15 minutes turned into an hour a day which is a lot of time when your working and that does not include the time you spend walking/giving your dog exercise.  But maybe for obedience training the time you have to train your dog would be shorter, I was training mine to be obedient and then I was training him as a guard dog which requires alot of work.