Top 10 Hotels

Started by full back, August 24, 2007, 10:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

This was on TV last night
Anyone got the list of 10?

tintin25

Not sure. Have you tried the UTV website? Does anybody know how many of these episodes they are showing? They have done hotels and tourist attractions thus far haven't they? What else?

Long time dead

Surely they should be called top 10 in Belfast and its surrounding areas - Frank Mitchell is a f**king awful presenter too.

Smiler An Dun

Just caught the end of the programme.
The Top 3 were: 

3 - Bushmills
2 - Killyhevlin
1 - Slieve Donard

The others in the top 10 (can't remember what order they came in) are:
Merchant
Europa
Canal Court
Causeway Hotel
10 Square
Manor House
Culloden

charlie stubbs

renshaws hotel didnt make it then?interesting one that! ;D

full back

How were they judged?
Suprised the Europa & Ten Sq were in there

Tony Baloney

The judging criteria seems to be total bollox on these Ultimate Ulster programmes. People vote through the website I think - vote early and vote often seems to be the main criteria. Sure Bangor came top of the Top 10 Places to Live in NI episode followed by Portstewart I think in second place! Do me a favour...

The Subbie

The killyhevlin , that has to be a piss take, went there recently to meet a guy in connection with a job we have on in Donegal, walkd in sat down and started to read the paper sitting on one of the lobby tables, the guy i was supposed to meet rang to say he was running late , decided to grab a bit of lunch so wandered on into carvery with paper in hand , was then accosted by the hotel jobsworth who told me very loudly that the paper had to stay in the lobby and to "put it back where you got it " right says I I'll pay you for it , not for sale says he, dick.

Then when getting lunch asked one of the staff for napkins was told in a surly voice " don't have any , we've ran out"

Number 2 my hole , would'nt even be 22 imho, a shithole that will never get the subbies money again.

Orior

I was also surprised by Bangor being number one place to live. Next time I meet Mitchell he's getting a kicking/.

Anyhow the place to live poll is stupid. If Bangor was so fecking good then why do people prefer to live elsewhere?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Balboa

Quote from: Orior on August 24, 2007, 01:28:27 PM
I was also surprised by Bangor being number one place to live. Next time I meet Mitchell he's getting a kicking/.

Anyhow the place to live poll is stupid. If Bangor was so fecking good then why do people prefer to live elsewhere?

Bangor is really nice but there are always people who are a bit picky, like not wanting UDA gangs fighting with each other........

Graham Garrity

It looks almost like they asked the golf club captain in each big town what was their favourite hang out, bundle of twats,   Wouldnt UTV be safer off wasting the license fee on Gaelic Games instead of this rubbish,  When eventually they decide to ditch their coverage of shitty hotels, pubs and restaurants, what will Frank Mitchell take on next.  UTV has become aload of bollix.  Get sky TV at least they are upfornt about the fact that they are purely a British broadcaster.  

charlie stubbs

pete snodden is from bangor enough said!!

never kickt a ball

Presenter Frank Mitchell said:
"Ultimate Ulster has something for everyone – thousands of viewers suggestions went into creating their Ultimate Ulster – an original guide to Northern Ireland which is taking me the length and breadth of the country in the series."

Seems like and Ultimate Belfast/Co Down to me. Take 

Your top ten park, garden or space:

1 Botanic Gardens, Belfast
2 Sir Thomas and Lady Dixon Park, Belfast
3 Mount Stewart, Co. Down
4 Castlewellan Forest Park, Co. Down
5 Tollymore Forest Park, Co. Down
6 Cavehill Country Park, Belfast
7 Carnfunnock Country Park, nr Larne, Co. Antrim
8 Crawfordsburn Country Park, Bangor, Co. Down
9 Oxford Island, Craigavon, Co. Armagh
10 Peoples Park, Ballymena, Antrim

Surely Donegal has places to rival these?

And what about

Your top ten most desirable places to live:

1 Bangor
2 Portstewart
3 Cultra
4 Belfast
5 Hillsborough
6 Holywood
7 Derry
8 Helen's Bay
9 Lisburn
10 Enniskillen

No mention of Bundoran  ???

pintsofguinness

QuoteYour top ten most desirable places to live:

1 Bangor
2 Portstewart
3 Cultra
4 Belfast
5 Hillsborough
6 Holywood
7 Derry
8 Helen's Bay
9 Lisburn
10 Enniskillen

In the name of Jesus what's that based on?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 24, 2007, 11:13:12 PM
QuoteYour top ten most desirable places to live:

1 Bangor
2 Portstewart
3 Cultra
4 Belfast
5 Hillsborough
6 Holywood
7 Derry
8 Helen's Bay
9 Lisburn
10 Enniskillen

In the name of Jesus what's that based on?

Excluding Derry and Enniskillen - property prices i'd say.

Lisburn - in the name of fcuk, who'd want to live there!
Tbc....