And the award for most unlikely transfer of the summer goes to .................

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, July 13, 2007, 07:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermPundit

I didn't see this one coming......... Healy has been outstanding whilst playing for Norn Ireland but he has been unable to replicate this form at club level. Leeds Utd fans would argue that they saw nothing special from him. 4 lads from the north now at Craven cottage. Maybe they'e just trying to copy Sunderland with so many Irish players on their books!!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Mentalman

Quote from: FermPundit on July 13, 2007, 08:01:49 PM
4 lads from the north now at Craven cottage. Maybe they'e just trying to copy Sunderland with so many Irish players on their books!!

To be fair I thought for Fulham that was good business they did with Villa, and probably for the players too, a lot more game time. O'Neill though must have seen something he didn't quite fancy? Maybe it was just that young Steven wouldn't get the game time needed and wouldn't wait, a Aaron wouldn't be a regular. Either way too solid boys for Fulham. If, a big if, Healy could get near his international form he'd be a good addition, and cheap too, but I always gotthe feeling he was a bit of David Connolly, bang them in at the lower levels, show well for his contry, but just not consistent or strong enough for the top level week in week out. As for Baird, the last I remember of him was the cup final against 'Arse. Apparently Southamptons player of the year, Keano was keen, but I don't know what that really means? A solid right back?
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

when al fayed starts to panic by christmas sanchez will be out the door and the new manager will get rid of most of these 2nd raters from our wee country. truth be told this squad that sanchez has assembled would not get out of the championship. along with wigan they are cast iron certs for relegation. i reckon one or no away wins all season and no more than 2 home wins before christmas.

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009