Fused switch

Started by redzone, September 16, 2017, 08:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Any sparks fit to tell me is it common for 13 amp fused switch (dishwasher is connected to it )to give up. Red light is vaguely flickering and the dishwasher is working fine on extension lead
Is there a simple fix to it or will it need replaced

laoislad

Does the dishwasher still work when connected through the fused switch spur?
All the neon is doing is telling you that the switch is turned on.
Sometimes the little wires connected to the neon can break or become loose and that would give you that flickering you mentioned. It doesn't necessarily mean the switch is faulty.
If you feel you can manage the job yourself then just replace the switch. Or at the very least open up the switch can check the connections are tight.
Obviously turn off the power to it first at the mains.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

redzone

No the dishwasher has no power to it thru the fused switch. It's a strange one. The plug at the end of the fused switch( the one which dishwasher connects into on the ground) still lights up red. When I plug dishwasher into it it goes out. Maybe a loose wire somewhere

Last Man

Quote from: redzone on September 16, 2017, 09:53:46 PM
No the dishwasher has no power to it thru the fused switch. It's a strange one. The plug at the end of the fused switch( the one which dishwasher connects into on the ground) still lights up red. When I plug dishwasher into it it goes out. Maybe a loose wire somewhere
Sounds like a loose connection in in one of the 2 spur boxes. You'll probably find the end of the cable burnt away and it's just touching enough to power the neon on the faceplate. Alternatively the switch my be buggered if you have a busy bed time routine and it has seen plenty of action.

under the bar

Redzone... let us know you've not been fried.