Snoring

Started by Dire Ear, April 26, 2017, 09:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

A friends wife has a clicking and snoring situation going on, her husband now wears ear plugs; but while he is sleeping better, he doesn't like the fact that he can't hear the children in the middle of the night if she doesn't wake.

Should it be the snorer's problem or the snoree......!?

Avondhu star

Quote from: Dire Ear on April 26, 2017, 09:36:00 AM
A friends wife has a clicking and snoring situation going on, her husband now wears ear plugs; but while he is sleeping better, he doesn't like the fact that he can't hear the children in the middle of the night if she doesn't wake.

Could he put something in her mouth to stop her snoring?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 26, 2017, 09:46:19 AM

That only solves it for about 3 minutes!!

The key is to get to sleep first!!

But other than that put them on their side, a lot easier as for the kids and not hearing them, whats the problem there? Bliss
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Puckoon

What's a clicking and snoring situation?

Dire Ear

Her nose has a clicking noise sometimes, and when that's not happening, it's can be basic snoring.  T'is mighty craic

Dire Ear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 26, 2017, 12:31:31 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on April 26, 2017, 09:46:19 AM

That only solves it for about 3 minutes!!

The key is to get to sleep first!!

But other than that put them on their side, a lot easier as for the kids and not hearing them, whats the problem there? Bliss
You could be right about the children, worry too much.........

Eamonnca1

Snoring is often caused by sleep apnea. When my GF moved in she told me I had a snoring problem that was waking her up during the night, so I immediately went to the doc to sort it out. He gave me a device to test if I was breathing properly at night. Turned out I would stop breathing about 30 times per hour. He then prescribed a CPAP machine, so now I have a mask I can put on that forces air into my windpipe. It's reduced the number of events per hour from 30 to less than 1. I don't wear it every night, lying on my side is usually enough to fix the problem, but I still wear it occasionally. It gives a great quality sleep.

Rois

Quote from: Dire Ear on April 26, 2017, 04:42:43 PM
Her nose has a clicking noise sometimes, and when that's not happening, it's can be basic snoring.  T'is mighty craic
Do you watch these friends sleeping often?   :o

Puckoon

Quote from: Rois on April 26, 2017, 04:58:57 PM

I think that's one way to have someone keeping an eye on the kids.

Puckoon

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 26, 2017, 04:54:55 PM
Snoring is often caused by sleep apnea. When my GF moved in she told me I had a snoring problem that was waking her up during the night, so I immediately went to the doc to sort it out. He gave me a device to test if I was breathing properly at night. Turned out I would stop breathing about 30 times per hour. He then prescribed a CPAP machine, so now I have a mask I can put on that forces air into my windpipe. It's reduced the number of events per hour from 30 to less than 1. I don't wear it every night, lying on my side is usually enough to fix the problem, but I still wear it occasionally. It gives a great quality sleep.

Interesting Eamonn. There's a positive correlation between weight and severity of sleep apnea/frequency of occasions. I know that when I've a few lbs to shift I will have episodes where I will stop breathing in my sleep and wake up gasping for breath. You're a vegetarian cyclist - so I'm surprised you've needed the CPAP!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Puckoon on April 26, 2017, 05:41:35 PM
Interesting Eamonn. There's a positive correlation between weight and severity of sleep apnea/frequency of occasions. I know that when I've a few lbs to shift I will have episodes where I will stop breathing in my sleep and wake up gasping for breath. You're a vegetarian cyclist - so I'm surprised you've needed the CPAP!

I was surprised too since I'm not exactly heavy. Maybe I'm just getting older!

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 26, 2017, 04:54:55 PM

fitting.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Dire Ear

Quote from: Puckoon on April 26, 2017, 05:38:24 PM
Quote from: Rois on April 26, 2017, 04:58:57 PM

I think that's one way to have someone keeping an eye on the kids.
Outsourcing  :D

Itchy

How do you know your friends wide snores ya dirty dog

Puckoon

Quote from: Itchy on April 27, 2017, 10:25:12 PM

How do you know your friends wide snores ya dirty dog

Insourcing  ;D