Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 15, 2017, 01:23:11 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on May 14, 2017, 10:49:40 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 14, 2017, 09:09:10 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on May 14, 2017, 08:14:43 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 12, 2017, 06:30:30 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 12, 2017, 04:37:37 PM
The people of the 26 Cos won't be voting on any All Ireland set up until AFTER you lot in the 6 Cos vote to leave the Disunited Kingdom or whatever combination with England and Wales if Scotland has broken free by then.
Voting against letting PSNI members join the GAA isn't very "United Ireland friendly".

I only brought the rule 21 vote to elaborate on where cork lies on the support of their brothers in the north
Your views on the security forces in the north around the time of the vote is of no interest to anyone up here as you where not subjected to their tyranny and collusion

Different times now in fairness but back in 98 it was very very raw

As for the timming of an all Ireland referendum would you stop stating the obvious

"back in 98 it was very very raw"
You cant have it both ways. Release of several murderers under the GFA but wont let Catholic police play Gaelic games. How raw do you think release of murderers were for victims families? G.S.

And how many catholic police officers were there? Not too many. Not only that, but any catholic who did join the police knew the risks they were taking, whether they played GAA or not.

And how did the families of collusion victims feel when no officer was prosecuted for being involved in the murder of their loved ones? How did they feel knowing same officers were still in the force, and probably still are? YOU can't have it both ways either!

The GFA allowed for the reform of the RUC to become the PSNI under the Patten Commission with the intention of increasing the number of Catholics in a reformed police force. The GAA ban on police officers playing Gaelic Games was changed in the spirit of reform and reconciliation. However there are still dinosaurs who would prefer that the ban was still in place and regard the PSNI which Sinn Fein support as the same as the RUC.  Collusion between RUC British Army and Loyalists was part of what went on as well as massive informing by IRA members at both low level and high level in the organisation.

Do you write this stuff yourself or cut and paste from a Ruth Dudley Edwards Blog

Either way your some tool
Wheel out the usual bogeymen such as Myers Harris and Dudley Edwards. All you are missing is the West Brit comment which is used to describe anyone who doesnt agree with the propaganda coming from Falls Rd HQ.
Obviously I have hit a nerve there. Maybe its the bit about all the gallant republicans who queued up to sell out their comrades for the Queen's shilling. Try bringing your calendar in to the 21st century FFS
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Rossfan on May 15, 2017, 01:37:16 PM
Could you point out what isn't true in his comments?

It's all true just very one sided and polarised to project an unbalanced view of proceedings

Nationalist/republicans in the north have indorsed the PSNI as our law enforcement as part of the GFA
For the greater good, in spite of past members being involved in nationalist harassment and collusion
Can you accept these facts and if so can you acknowledge that rule 21 around 98 was a hard pill to swallow
I never heard so much self righteous pro unionist arguments since I last happened upon the Nolan show by accident

Do you think collusion was acceptable
A yes or no will be grand

Can you acknowledge It would be natural to be  reluctant in accepting the PSNI with some of there most currupt members being very high up the command chain

Again a simple yes of no will do

As for that other clampit go and look at all his post in any subject and you will notice a pattern of bitterness and condemnation of everything north
If you took him for reality
Up here none of us work but sponge of the British and hate anyone with opposite views
He's as good a bigot as any one I met up here

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Rossfan

Ahhh North Antrim you're not too fond if that buck who expresses different views to yourself ;)
Correct me if I've got it wrong but my memory is that Joe McDonagh proposed getting rid of Rule 21 in 1998. However due to opposition from 6 Cos members and others and as the RUC was still in situ he was persuaded to drop the thing.
After the PSNI was set up the GAA went about then getting rid of the rule but 5 of the 6 Cos plus Cork voted against.
Of course it was difficult for Catholics/Nationalists but an awful lot of people in the 6 Cos had to face unpalatable ( to them) things in the hope of a better future.
Of course collusion by police with illegal paramilitaries to kill innocent people was wrong. So was Le Mon, Darkley, Loughinisland......... Provos informing on their fellow members and so on and so forth.
The GAA belongs to all its members not just those of certain political persuasions.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Rossfan on May 15, 2017, 05:36:55 PM
Ahhh North Antrim you're not too fond if that buck who expresses different views to yourself ;)
Correct me if I've got it wrong but my memory is that Joe McDonagh proposed getting rid of Rule 21 in 1998. However due to opposition from 6 Cos members and others and as the RUC was still in situ he was persuaded to drop the thing.
After the PSNI was set up the GAA went about then getting rid of the rule but 5 of the 6 Cos plus Cork voted against.
Of course it was difficult for Catholics/Nationalists but an awful lot of people in the 6 Cos had to face unpalatable ( to them) things in the hope of a better future.
Of course collusion by police with illegal paramilitaries to kill innocent people was wrong. So was Le Mon, Darkley, Loughinisland......... Provos informing on their fellow members and so on and so forth.
The GAA belongs to all its members not just those of certain political persuasions.

Aaahhh Rossfan
That's a very balanced view for a change even if it warranted a bit of research in your behalf by the looks of it and fair play  you acknowledge the fact that it was hard to for northern counties to stomach and why
You also included corks roll at the time which was the reason I brought it up in the first place
Now in reference to the other poster who insinuated that all northern nationalist who opposed it at the time didn't work but still availed of the NHS, dole etc and are Hippocrates well he's just a biggot that hijacked the threat for his own distorted vile against northern nationalist and Gaels   
Well done on talking in everyone's side of the subject
Just for the record once the PSNI was reformed and a catholic recruitments drive was initiated I had no problem with the abolition of rule 21 or any member partaking in our association in any capacity
Times changed and so did we

Avondhu star

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 15, 2017, 07:03:45 PM

Aaahhh Rossfan
That's a very balanced view for a change even if it warranted a bit of research in your behalf by the looks of it and fair play  you acknowledge the fact that it was hard to for northern counties to stomach and why
You also included corks roll at the time which was the reason I brought it up in the first place
Now in reference to the other poster who insinuated that all northern nationalist who opposed it at the time didn't work but still availed of the NHS, dole etc and are Hippocrates well he's just a biggot that hijacked the threat for his own distorted vile against northern nationalist and Gaels   
Just for the record once the PSNI was reformed and a catholic recruitments drive was initiated I had no problem with the abolition of rule 21 or any member partaking in our association in any capacity
I have nothing against nationalists or Gaels just against so called republican murdering who slaughtered innocent people of all religions. I was in Brum the time of the bombings and saw the slaughter of young people who were out for a nights entertainment. And that applies to the Loyalists and any security forces involved in collusion.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 15, 2017, 08:06:07 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 15, 2017, 07:03:45 PM

Aaahhh Rossfan
I have nothing against nationalists or Gaels just against so called republican murdering who slaughtered innocent people of all religions. I was in Brum the time of the bombings and saw the slaughter of young people who were out for a nights entertainment. And that applies to the Loyalists and any security forces involved in collusion.

You got off lightly then. Well done you, try being brought up on the Falls during the 70's 80's and early 90's... there are lads on her no doubt who were in their teens during 69 .... Rotten war and wasted life
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Didn't do any research North Antrim.....was trading on memory.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on May 15, 2017, 09:17:07 PM

Then you must be suffering from dementia
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2017, 10:07:36 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 15, 2017, 09:17:07 PM

Then you must be suffering from dementia

Selective dementia

Rossfan

What the fk are ye 2 blathering about. :o

Avondhu star

Quote from: Rossfan on May 15, 2017, 11:26:16 PM
What the fk are ye 2 blathering about. :o
Hey Rosie. You should know by now. No point arguing with a fool. He will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.