?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Who can forget the most inept line in the history of football analysis,
"Rangers drew 1-1 at Celtic Park last month,have momentum and a tactically astute manager who has made an immediate impact."  ;D  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on April 23, 2017, 10:18:52 PM
2 nil in the most one sided Old Firm game ever? Rangers should have scored at least once in the last ten minutes as well.Not impressive against a team whose only threat came from a 37 year old

Reeled in ya fool  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Watched the game on TV. For sure Celtic were in control but given their obvious dominance I thought they didn't really do at Rangers and instead just passed it around the midfield area leaving themselves open to concede a set piece goal. The peno obviously sealed it but for me they could and should be putting teams away early. Win is a win but just an observation.

T Fearon

Exactly.Had Rangers scored in the latter stages,as they should have done who knows what might have happened.Celtic should have been out of sight at half time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on April 24, 2017, 07:34:47 AM
Exactly.Had Rangers scored in the latter stages,as they should have done who knows what might have happened.Celtic should have been out of sight at half time.

And if your granny had balls she'd be your granda! Stupid analysis
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north aontroim gael

A great insight. By the same logic if Bayern Munich had of been 4-0 up in the Champions League Final in 1999 the two injury time goals scored by Man Utd wouldn't have mattered.

tonto1888

We won easily and were never in anger at all. People talking about the score line. In the semi final two years ago we were more dominant yet won by the same score line. I don't recall anyone using this as a slight after that game

Hectic

Quote from: Main Street on April 23, 2017, 01:44:59 PM
You'd wonder why the linesman waited until the hapless Wankhorn missed his chance before putting up the flag for offside? He was a 1m offside and the linesman was perfectly placed, in line with the play.

Wondered the same myself - if it had hit the net I am not so sure it would have went up.  The poor officiating yesterday will not get highlighted because we won at a canter but Sevco should have been playing with 9 by half time - Beerman had a cynical trip when Roberts went past him steaming into the box after being yellow carded for a dangerous tackle a few mins earlier plus that wee rat Halliday should have walked in the 3rd min.  Also Rogic took a bad one from Bates late in second half which would have been a free kick in a very nice position and through totting up if not the malice in the tackle either way a yellow yet Collum waved play on.

Hectic

Quote from: straightred on April 23, 2017, 02:14:20 PM
did enough but got sloppy in the last 20 mins. Probably no harm with a league game to come next week. They could and maybe should have given them a hiding today but i'll happily wait another week for that

Yeah turned all professional to my dismay instead of giving them a right good battering.

thebar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2017, 07:42:43 AM

And if your granny had balls she'd be your granda! Stupid analysis

this made me laugh thanks Milltown!

Hectic

I see the press have been covering the idea that Don Robertson incorrectly gave Celtic the penalty on Sunday with Griffiths agreeing that it was the wrong call.  Agenda anyone?  In fact of course there is an agenda but they have to do better than that you would think.

illdecide

Griff prob said that at the time to wind Sevco up. He tweeted later that def was a penalty and it was a stone wall penalty so can't understand what the talk is about it.
The tackle on Roberts in the 3rd minute which ref gave a yellow surely will get Broony off the hook for his tackle against Ross Co...(if officials have they're way he'd get 6 months in Maghaberry)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Quote from: illdecide on April 25, 2017, 09:52:29 AM
Griff prob said that at the time to wind Sevco up. He tweeted later that def was a penalty and it was a stone wall penalty so can't understand what the talk is about it.
The tackle on Roberts in the 3rd minute which ref gave a yellow surely will get Broony off the hook for his tackle against Ross Co...(if officials have they're way he'd get 6 months in Maghaberry)

Yeah when I saw Taverniers comments I was thinking yeah Griffiths is baiting him if he said that - one of those 'I got the ball' - 'Yeah mate you got the ball, Ill go and tell the linesman now sure'.

uimhr ocht

Not surprised the daily ranger run with the story tavernier claiming no penalty clutching at straws diverting attention away from a crazy lunge more like it.About Halliday tackle on Roberts Celtic players should have reacted strongly put more pressure on ref to take proper action if that happened in England straight red defo.

Hectic

So it is John Beaton – he of awarding Sevco the ghost penalty against Hamilton in the cup in same match that he missed keeper handling well outside the area and allowed Garners assault on Imre – not to mention ghost penalty Hearts got at start of season against Celtic – fair idea what we will be facing Saturday if we did not know already.

And 4th official Bobby Madden for good measure – obviously feel Sevco season tickets need a shot in the arm.