QF Phase 1 predictions

Started by JoG2, July 13, 2018, 12:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Dublin by 10 not sure why some think it will be closer?
Tyrone by 10 game will be a lot closer if Roscommon can some how defend better.
Kildare by 2 Monaghan had an easy route to the last eight but have shown more fatigue than Kildare.
Kerry 2 much closer game than last year because Galway have improved

lenny

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 13, 2018, 05:23:55 PM
Kildare by 2 Monaghan had an easy route to the last eight but have shown more fatigue than Kildare.

Tyrone should win well, probably by 7 or 8. Dublin by 2. Monaghan by 3 and Kerry by 5.

longballin

careful scoffing at other people's predictions... before Belgium V Brazil quarter final... "France v Brazil next is basically the final in all but name...."    ;)

Schkite

I'd love to know why you think Monaghan have shown more fatigue, considering we haven't been on TV for the last few games. I presume you were at all the qualifier games?

Not to mention the fact Monaghan weren't under any sort of pressure apart from maybe the last 20 against Laois, and the squad was being rotated all through.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Schkite on July 13, 2018, 08:10:57 PM

I'd love to know why you think Monaghan have shown more fatigue, considering we haven't been on TV for the last few games. I presume you were at all the qualifier games?

Not to mention the fact Monaghan weren't under any sort of pressure apart from maybe the last 20 against Laois, and the squad was being rotated all through.

Could be wrong but that laboured win against div 4 Laois doesn't bode well for them.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: longballin on July 13, 2018, 07:00:06 PM

careful scoffing at other people's predictions... before Belgium V Brazil quarter final... "France v Brazil next is basically the final in all but name...."    ;)
France in the final and if they win it will prove I wasn't far wrong laddie.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I think that was Monaghan in second gear for that Laois game. Monaghan are massive favourites for a reason on Sunday but hopefully Kildare can keep up the momentum and if we perform to their ability then it will take a very good Monaghan performance to beat them. Monaghan should have the fresher legs.

tonto1888

Dublin by 6
Tyrone by 5
Draw
Monaghan by 5

shantygael

Dubs by 5
Tyrone by 3
Kerry by 8
Kildare by 1
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

macdanger2

Difficult games to predict since Kildare, Monaghan and Galway have all flattered to deceive in recent years so it's hard to trust their form. I'll go eith

Dublin by 8+ (McBrearty is too big a loss for any team)
Roscommon by 1
Kerry by 4
Draw

Schkite

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 13, 2018, 08:17:46 PM

Could be wrong but that laboured win against div 4 Laois doesn't bode well for them.

The game which Monaghan effectively had wrapped up by half time and emptied the bench in the 2nd half? Oh yeah that was really laboured and Monaghan will be really fatigued after that.

mup

Quote from: Schkite on July 13, 2018, 09:51:25 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 13, 2018, 08:17:46 PM

The game which Monaghan effectively had wrapped up by half time and emptied the bench in the 2nd half? Oh yeah that was really laboured and Monaghan will be really fatigued after that.

He is only giving an opinion. No need to for the sarcasm - it's not personal.

longballin

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 13, 2018, 08:21:52 PM
Quote from: longballin on July 13, 2018, 07:00:06 PM

France in the final and if they win it will prove I wasn't far wrong laddie.
you were way out assuming a match that wasn't even taking place - so be it but bit much to then slag off other predictions my friend : )

saffronandblue

Dublin by 9
Tyrone by 12
Kerry by 6
Kildare by 2

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.