Run ins with the law

Started by Don Johnson, March 07, 2011, 11:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

Well, anyone any funny stories about run ins with the cops or getting arrested? Not talking about anything too serious here, just light hearted.

When I was at uni, I had no money for a taxi home from the Odyssey to the Holylands but got it anyway, told the fella to stop at Botanic for me to go the bank machine. I was airlocked and only ran about ten yards before slowing down to a stroll. He caught me and brought me to the police station at the bottom of Botanic near the Halifax.

They put me in a wee holding cell for about half an hour to sober me up then brought me round to my house where I had to get a lend of £4 off a housemate. That was the end of my brushes with the law/

gallsman

Got done by the same Garda three times in the space of about 15 mins for drinking the same naggin of Jameson on my way through Temple Bar on the way to the Trinity Ball two years ago. He wasn't best pleased.

Think he realised that I knew for a fact he was never going to bother with the hassle of a write up and eventually made me pour it out down a drain.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Don Johnson on March 07, 2011, 11:43:08 PM
Well, anyone any funny stories about run ins with the cops or getting arrested? Not talking about anything too serious here, just light hearted.

When I was at uni, I had no money for a taxi home from the Odyssey to the Holylands but got it anyway, told the fella to stop at Botanic for me to go the bank machine. I was airlocked and only ran about ten yards before slowing down to a stroll. He caught me and brought me to the police station at the bottom of Botanic near the Halifax.

They put me in a wee holding cell for about half an hour to sober me up then brought me round to my house where I had to get a lend of £4 off a housemate. That was the end of my brushes with the law/
Amateur. My mates used to get the taxi to drop them off at the end of a lane that was so rough only a tractor could get up it. One of them would fake being sick to make sure the driver stopped, the others would get out to "make sure he's OK" and next thing you know the three of them were away like the hammers of blue f*ck. Never got caught even though they did it for a spell of about six weeks. 

Hilltresk

I met him one time at my local McDonalds. He ordered a milkshake just. I had a McChicken Sandwich Meal. I sat in. He took out.

deiseach

Caught by the fuzz
Well I was, still on a buzz
In the back of the van
With my head in my hands
Just like a bad dream
I was, only fifteen

If only my brother could be here now
He'd get me out and sort me out alright
I know I should have stayed at home tonight

Locked in a cell
Feeling un-well
I talked to a man
He said, It's better to tell
'Who sold you the blow?'
'Well it was no-one I know'
If only you'd tell us, we'd let you go
We'll make it hard for you my son, so tell us what you know
We'll make you wish you'd stayed at home tonight

(Ooh wah ooh wah ooh)

Here comes my mum
Well she, she knows what I've done
'Just tell them the truth
'You know where it's from
'You've blackened our name
'Well you, you should be ashamed
'If only your father could see you now
'He'd break down, and he'd throw you out for sure
'I never should have let you out tonight'

(Tonight,) tonight, (tonight,) tonight, (tonight,) tonight, (tonight,) tonight, (tonight)

Olly

I was lifted once for indecent exposure on the M1. It was a mistake as I was sleepwalking and had walked two miles from home to the motorway. I usually sleep with pyjamas on but that night had been my birthday and things were different.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

king of leon

Got lifted by the guards for being completley hammered outside a well known Dublin nightclub.. I was convinced I was sober enough to be allowed into the club but the bouncers had other ideas, so I kept arguing with them until the guards lifted me and 'cuffed' me.  Was put in a cell for a couple of hours until I sobered  up and they let  me go!  Hangover from hell the next day! :(

Tony Baloney

When I saw the speeding ticket and run in with the law threads I thought Tyrone Girl has been busy.

Main Street

Way back in my teenage years, I missed the last train out of Dundalk. It was dead quiet, late at night and not a soul was around the station. Another guy strolled in to the waiting room. After a nice chat, I lit up a joint and asked if he would like a puff. Turned out he was an off-duty Garda,. He struggled with his conscience for 10 minutes or so but duty got the better of generosity and he took me down to the station to book me.
Naturally the story attracted a bit of attention around the station but I took the embarrassment on the chin and joined in the mirth.
Many months later, I got a summons to appear at Dundalk court. I travelled up on the day and secured the services of the first solicitor in the first office I saw. He was ancient. I thought it was an open and shut case so I didn't imagine I needed a legal wizard. I left the solicitor's office. The only thing he had said was  hmmm  hmmmm as he tried to remember the idea that had flashed through his head some 5 seconds previous.

I went to the Courthouse  and tried my best to look upstanding, intelligent with a  promising future,  despite the details of the capture indicating that the chances of that happening were slim.
The charge was read out, before I could cry out my guilty plea, my raggedy old solicitor raised an objection.
In the space of 5 seconds,  right before my eyes. he was transformed into Perry Mason. He went on for at least 5 minutes non stop. I heard something about 6 months limit and that my warrant was out of date. He gave the judge a look at the relevant law in the law book and the Judge said he had no other option but to dismiss the case against me because they delayed too long with delivering the warrant.
My future remained intact. The Argus would never get know or report the details of how I was captured. I met the Guards outside and they were in great form. At least we were quits on the dumb side of things.

Hardy

Evil Genius

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 08, 2011, 12:11:30 AM
Amateur. My mates used to get the taxi to drop them off at the end of a lane that was so rough only a tractor could get up it. One of them would fake being sick to make sure the driver stopped, the others would get out to "make sure he's OK" and next thing you know the three of them were away like the hammers of blue f*ck. Never got caught even though they did it for a spell of about six weeks.
So on a number of occasions they stole, in a pre-meditated and planned manner, from hard-working men who provide a much-valued, poorly remunerated* service late at night etc

Good "mates" of yours, by any chance?  ::)

* - When they get paid, that is
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

thejuice

Me and my friend Rob held up a bank using guitars and heavy metal poses to intimidate the staff and security

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L397TWLwrUU
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Big Puff

A mate of mine, well he is actually known to quite a few on here, got arrested recently for being drunk and disorderly late at night.

He was brought to the local cop shop, and put into a one man cell for the night as they could get no sense out of him, or where he was from.

When he was in the cell he thought it would be a great idea to shit all over it. When the cops seen (or smelt) this they gave him a protective suit to put on.

The next morning they sent him home, he was happy as larry to tell us this story (though his identity will remain withheld from the board!)

fitzroyalty

I know a lad who got caught urinating one night in the Hoyland area. Police caught him, and booked him with a warning. About a few months later he got caught doing the same thing. This time he was charged with indecent exposure and had to/still has to go to court. I dunno if his has made his court appearance yet or how it has went, but I do know since the second offence the idiot was once again caught peeing in the street!

Maguire01

Lawnseed is gonna go mad when he hears of all this criminal activity!