BennyHarp

Quote from: Orchard park on August 12, 2018, 11:47:01 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 11:42:53 PM

Quote from: Orchard park on August 12, 2018, 11:36:15 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 11:06:23 PM
Quote from: cjx on August 12, 2018, 11:00:29 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 10:10:04 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 12, 2018, 10:06:16 PM
Was it McShane who hit that disaster of a shot at the end? Couldn't believe it. Beggan subsequently bettered him though thankfully.
Tyrone did it throughout the game. Needlessly shooting from difficult positions instead of just holding on to it til they found someone in a gimme position.
This is the key point of soul destroying failures for Tyrone. 

It always amazes me because Tyrone have been doing this for 5+ years (see Mayo 2016 worst 34 chances 12 scores) They rarely score the expected total for a top class team and their conversion rate (the other way of judging shot selection/shooting success) is never up to usual top 4 standards (only against lesser teams like Roscommon and Armagh latterly). Tyrone do 'create' more 'chances' but less chances and a much better conversion rate giving 20+points is the target and better way. The misses shots, short, wide and frees missed are soul destroying and today was the same
With all this coaching etc etc How come Tyrone never take the extra 2-3 passes to get the right shot as Dublin do?

It must be an inbuilt lack of confidence/panic somewhere? Is Stephen O'Neill doing anything at all with Tyrone?
The defense is grand so Tyrone now practice your zen, coolness, self belief and patience up front and anything is possible as when 2 points down in 2008!
Kicking these points was Stephen O'Neill's game. You'd imagine he'd be encouraging them to shoot on sight as he did.

Wasn't it as s pioneer pin wearing yes man he was brought in.

Cos if it had to do with football he nor anyone else won't be listened to

You're friggin right. A relatively recent "All Ireland, All Star, Player of the Year" winning retired forward has no business coaching forwards in today's game.

Get Muggsy then.....

Is  Stephen  not cut om the same cloth as Harte and won't challenge  MH.

And I am not questioning his p,sting ability st all but meind me who he has managed

For the second time tonight. You people do realise that Tyrone are sat in the All Ireland final, don't you?
That was never a square ball!!

RedHand88

Quote from: Jayop on August 12, 2018, 11:49:59 PM
Hughes is an embarrassment but going by the gulpins from monaghan around me today being a whining little bitch is all the rage there.

Aww some of them were shocking. Makes it hard to pity them.

Orchard park

Which does more harm for Gaelic football.......

Dublin winning their 4th of 8 in a row or Tyrone winning one this year........

But Tyrone gives hope to a lot of moderate footballers out there... jesus Colm Cavanagh  ....

armaghniac

Quote from: Jayop on August 12, 2018, 11:49:59 PM
Hughes is an embarrassment but going by the gulpins from monaghan around me today being a whining little bitch is all the rage there.

Tyrone class always shows through.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orchard park

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2018, 12:03:48 AM
Quote from: Orchard park on August 12, 2018, 11:58:30 PM
Which does more harm for Gaelic football.......

Dublin winning their 4th of 8 in a row or Tyrone winning one this year........

But Tyrone gives hope to a lot of moderate footballers out there... jesus Colm Cavanagh  ....
Surely Colm Cavanagh is the only All Ireland winner amongst them?

Ray Silke  captained a team to win one. Still was a shite footballer....

Orchard park

He gives hope to loads of mullickers anyways to stick at it...

And  we could do with a dog like him in Roscommon....

Unlaoised

Was hoping Tyrone  would win because they will rattle the dubs....the did eventually
But my God the ref rode monaghan ....rode them

Still at least we might get a competitive final in the football

Nolan from wicklow your a horror show of a ref ...for both sides in the first half but in the second half it was like i cant have Tyrone loosing ...

Thank God tho Tyrone got over the line because Dublin would have monaghan for 16 points plus
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2018, 12:19:47 AM
Quote from: Unlaoised on August 13, 2018, 12:18:05 AM
Was hoping Tyrone  would win because they will rattle the did ....

Didny.

Monaghan are right to criticise the ref i would if i had any connection

But just glad Tyrone got over the line
LAOIS ABÚ

Orchard park

Monaghan got rode both games by ref.......

Be interesting senior final, 2 teams / managers who get  sympathetic reffing

Unlaoised

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2018, 12:29:26 AM
Quote from: Unlaoised on August 13, 2018, 12:24:50 AM

Didny.

6 of 1....

Half a dozen ......

f**k me tho i watched the game on sky simply to piss of the mother in law ...

Just watched back the sunday game murphy was bursting to say monaghan were robbed even tried to make a point about injury time ....Whelan off camera trys to get Des to stop him .....

Watch it back it back lads ...Gouch in a clilp says a free for a dont know what it would be just be his good nature and then realizes i shouldnt have said that .....

Monaghan were RODE  in the second half  but the ref wrongly brought them into the game in the first half

Nolan from wicklow was poor .so poor its not even funny and
LAOIS ABÚ

Main Street

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2018, 12:29:26 AM
Quote from: Unlaoised on August 13, 2018, 12:24:50 AM

Didny.

6 of 1....
Tyronies can hold fire while Hardstation  fights all corners, both imagined and real, with a blind fawning fanaticism  ::)

Anyone with a smidgin of football sense could observe that both teams similarly misfired, made similar poor decisions, even at the last play of the  game an astoundingly  poor decision by a Tyrone player under no active pressure  handed back possession to Monaghan who then proceeded  to balls up, again under no active pressure. I couldn't give a toss about the quality of football, that was an absorbing  scrap of a game, intense from beginning to end, decided by an intangible.

You could see  how flashes of Tyrone's game could trouble Dublin in the final, though i'd suspect there would need to be a repeat reappearance of the unexpected 2008 1/4 final inquisition to fully knock Dublin off their perch.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Rois on August 12, 2018, 09:00:42 PM
One of our own gaaboarders was on the Marty Squad this evening...well done.

Good man Main street - you typify all of the Monaghan supporters I encountered today.  So so gracious.

Was that him with the Dublin accent?

redhandefender

Incredibly embarrassed for some monaghan folk and their fermanagh man blaming the ref after the game. I thought both teams were poor but we should have been out of sight by half time.

Decky mc clure kicking the ball away at the end was unforgivable. Mickey got it spot on yesterday his players let him down.

But good way to go in v the dubs. No hype

Erne Man

I thought both teams showed the effects of a tough run of games over the past number of weeks, and the game reflected that. Monaghan turned over possession countless times in both halves carrying ball into contact which is unlike them. Tyrone didn't seem to break with the same pace and direction as they normally do in those situations. Both sides kicked numerous bad wides, and some of the decision making was awful.
Tyrone should have been out of sight at half time, and were particularly wasteful - McAlliskey hit a great free, and missed two terrible efforts from play after that. I lost count of Burns wides and couldn't understand why when he had time and was in space seemed to always turn onto his left - he is a right footer?
Monaghan got themselves together in the second half, and when they got their noses in front I thought they would push on. Only for the fortunate goal, albeit a good finish from Sludden, Tyrone were struggling to get anything together up front - only Harte showed up in the second half.
I thought ref was poor for both teams - I was sitting in a Monaghan section and to be fair there was no immediate reaction after the game on the ref. I thought in the last incident that Hughes took a dive - and ref was probably influenced by him doing something similar a few minutes earlier.
Tyrone will benefit from 3 weeks to prepare for the final, and after yesterday they will need it. The changes before the game didn't work - Brennan couldn't get into the game at all. Bradley looks a player who can get settled into a game more quickly, and would expect Brennan to start on the bench in the final.

lenny

Quote from: redhandefender on August 13, 2018, 07:32:26 AM
Incredibly embarrassed for some monaghan folk and their fermanagh man blaming the ref after the game. I thought both teams were poor but we should have been out of sight by half time.

Decky mc clure kicking the ball away at the end was unforgivable. Mickey got it spot on yesterday his players let him down.

But good way to go in v the dubs. No hype

You're embarrassed by that but not at all embarrassed at the diving antics of tyrone players. Laughable.