Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulster’s heart aisf 2018

Started by rrhf, August 05, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 08, 2018, 07:48:14 AM
Team talk reporting that Meyler was on crutches last night at training. No way he plays on Sunday.
Mcgeary in for him is the obvious change then.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Under Lights

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 08, 2018, 08:21:23 AM
Team talk reporting that Meyler was on crutches last night at training. No way he plays on Sunday.

Problem is mcgeary has given team such a lift this last few games I'd nearly keep him back. Rory Brennan done himself no harm for a start on Sunday, would mean Peter or someone pushing forward.

trileacman

Quote from: Under Lights on August 08, 2018, 08:23:48 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 08, 2018, 08:21:23 AM

Problem is mcgeary has given team such a lift this last few games I'd nearly keep him back. Rory Brennan done himself no harm for a start on Sunday, would mean Peter or someone pushing forward.

Meyler fully fit is the natural foil for Karl o Connell. We're at a conundrum now as to who picks him up now. He's a huge loss.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Unlaoised

I think on a normal year I'd be going for tyrone to put monaghan in their place again in croker but this year there is something different about this Monaghan team.

Id say every neutral will be rooting for Monaghan Tyrone and their antics are hard to stomach.

Although both teams play defensive monaghan tend to kick pass a lot more which is a little easier on the eye.

LAOIS ABÚ

RedHand88

Quote from: Unlaoised on August 08, 2018, 11:25:11 AM
I think on a normal year I'd be going for tyrone to put monaghan in their place again in croker but this year there is something different about this Monaghan team.

Id say every neutral will be rooting for Monaghan Tyrone and their antics are hard to stomach.

Although both teams play defensive monaghan tend to kick pass a lot more which is a little easier on the eye.

????

omagh_gael

That's simply not true. Against Kerry they kicked the ball plenty because Kerry went man for man in the back and left half of Clones free for their forwards to work in. Against Galway Monaghan hardly kicked it in at all.

omagh_gael

Tickets must be selling well. Upper Hogan and Cusack now available to purchase online. I seriously hope my order with the club is lower tier and we're not sent up to the clouds.

RedHand88

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 08, 2018, 12:10:37 PM
Tickets must be selling well. Upper Hogan and Cusack now available to purchase online. I seriously hope my order with the club is lower tier and we're not sent up to the clouds.

I checked yesterday out of curiosity and I was customer number 10000 and something. Assuming each person buys an average of 2 tickets that's 20k tickets gone through the website alone as of yesterday.

tyrone08

Although both teams play defensive Monaghan tend to kick pass a lot more which is a little easier on the eye.

When people talk about Tyrone's antics and their defensive football it is a clear sign they haven't a clue. Please name one team in the top 6 that have not been involved in some type of cynical play? Tyrone, Dublin, Monaghan, Kerry, Mayo etc all have been at it. Saying Tyrone are worse than other teams really is laughable.

In the last 8 matches Tyrone have averaged 23 points a game. If this is defensive football then I hope it continues for a very long time. There is an article in Tyrone Life today which says that Tyrone are now the 2nd highest scores in All Ireland SFC. 8 games with a total of 182 points only Mayo in 2017 topped them (215 points in 10 games).

Please use facts and examples rather than the usual nonsense that RTE spout.

Jayop

Don't rise. This thread has been a breath of fresh air after the last few and it would be nice to keep it that way. The monaghan lads are holding their council this week on here.

Boycey

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 08, 2018, 12:14:35 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 08, 2018, 12:10:37 PM

I checked yesterday out of curiosity and I was customer number 10000 and something. Assuming each person buys an average of 2 tickets that's 20k tickets gone through the website alone as of yesterday.

A fair few were probably checking like yourself, I've looked 2/3 times too. I'd imagine online sales thus far be less than half of your estimate, probably looking at a crowd of 50/60k??

WT4E

Quote from: WT4E on May 23, 2018, 10:30:16 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 23, 2018, 10:23:58 AM
The monaghan squad looks stronger this year than it has in a number of years.

Agreed looked a lot more rounded than Tyrone on Sunday but if they where to lose out on a semi with Tyrone in their Super 8 group and Tyrone made it it would be a huge kick in the balls to the squad again. Interesting times ahead.

Remember saying this in the 1st Round thread.... Feel Tyrone will take them this time round and this will be a big set back for Monaghan. we meet again - thankfully not in Omagh as Tyrone are shit there! :D

nrico2006

Reminds me of 2007 when all the Monaghan fans got ahead of themselves.  Tyrone are stronger than they were in the 1st round of Ulster and play better away from Omagh.  Monaghan have done well this year but choked against Kerry and lost to Fermanagh. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

rosnarun

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 08, 2018, 12:59:00 PM

Although both teams play defensive Monaghan tend to kick pass a lot more which is a little easier on the eye.

When people talk about Tyrone's antics and their defensive football it is a clear sign they haven't a clue. Please name one team in the top 6 that have not been involved in some type of cynical play? Tyrone, Dublin, Monaghan, Kerry, Mayo etc all have been at it. Saying Tyrone are worse than other teams really is laughable.

In the last 8 matches Tyrone have averaged 23 points a game. If this is defensive football then I hope it continues for a very long time. There is an article in Tyrone Life today which says that Tyrone are now the 2nd highest scores in All Ireland SFC. 8 games with a total of 182 points only Mayo in 2017 topped them (215 points in 10 games).

when people defend tyrone antics its clear they are from tyrone
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

RedHand88

Quote from: rosnarun on August 08, 2018, 02:13:34 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 08, 2018, 12:59:00 PM

when people defend tyrone antics its clear they are from tyrone

List for me examples of these "antics" and how they any different from other counties.