Newspaper Items

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 26, 2015, 01:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Agree with Don. It's gone too far. What Dublin are doing in particular can in no way be replicated in the like of Laois. We're way too many rungs down the ladder to care about. The GAA, in typical firefighter mode, start pumping money into what they believe are the two nearest challengers in Leinster in the hope that they can "raise standards" or hopefully give Dublin some sort of game. The whole thing is a sham. The GAA have completely lost sight of what they're about and have inadvertently promoted professionalism.

Leixlad

Quote from: High Fielder on June 14, 2019, 11:25:51 AM
Agree with Don. It's gone too far. What Dublin are doing in particular can in no way be replicated in the like of Laois. We're way too many rungs down the ladder to care about. The GAA, in typical firefighter mode, start pumping money into what they believe are the two nearest challengers in Leinster in the hope that they can "raise standards" or hopefully give Dublin some sort of game. The whole thing is a sham. The GAA have completely lost sight of what they're about and have inadvertently promoted professionalism.

Couldn't agree more more. As for the club game and player - the gaa dont care about them.

High Fielder

Club football is a wasteland. I disagree wholeheartedly with the system we have in Laois, because it lends itself to absolutely nothing. It's of no real relevance and it doesn't make players better. But it might just be the most player friendly system in counties who are going nowhere. It at least allows you to play an "amateur" sport in an enjoyable, hassle free way. I am grateful for the sacrifice and effort that our county players put in, but I wouldn't do it myself. Give me 2/3 months in America any day of the week

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Thug who left young GAA star with brain bleed in horror chipper attack caged for three years
https://www.thesun.ie/news/4292194/brendan-keating-assault-carlow-laois-gaa-daniel-oreilly-sentencing/

Two men who assaulted Laois GAA star Daniel O'Reilly 'high-fived' as he lay unconscious, court hears
https://www.thesun.ie/news/4296406/men-assault-daniel-o-reilly-high-five-unconscious-court/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Mad Mentor

What did he do for the likes of Laois when he was president?

Chrimtain

He sold the broadcasting rights of the games to a British broadacster. As for what he did for Laois, well..............

Leixlad

Quote from: Mad Mentor on July 10, 2019, 07:01:44 PM
What did he do for the likes of Laois when he was president?

Nothing

Zooming around

He was useless, one of the worst presidents in the history of the GAA.

It's fair stupid out of the Leinster Express to interview him about last Sunday.

Chrimtain

Now, John Horan is a president who in not afraid to protect the interests of his own county, Dublin.

steven seagal

I wasn't a fan of the Sky Deal which will be the legacy of his presidency, but it's not fair to say O'Neill did nothing for Laois, sure where do ye think we got the money to buy the land for the Centre of Excellence? Central Council of the GAA bought that for us during his tenure. It saved us millions. We wouldn't have that facility if it wasn't for him.

Mossy Bruce

This is great! https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/08/16/laois-hurler-to-be-part-of-sunday-game-panel-after-all-ireland-final/

"A Laois hurler is set to appear on prime time television as part of the Sunday Game panel this weekend after the All-Ireland Final between Tipperary and Kilkenny.

Laois goalkeeper Enda Rowland will be joining Des Cahill, Brendan Cummins, Derek McGrath, Jackie Tyrrell, Ursula Jacob, Cyril Farrell and Graham Mulcahy on Sunday night at 9.30pm."

Wow, from not a whisper about Laois during the entire Joe McDonagh run (until the Final) to having a Laoisman as part of the discussion panel. The Sunday Game must be finally getting a clue.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!