Thread for Tony Fearon to to pontificate about Catholicism

Started by heganboy, September 12, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 20, 2017, 10:42:47 AM
What is wrong with that? I also belive in him because I want the bliss of heaven.

Faith is I think lissummon will win the Ulster senior club championship because I want them to win the Ulster senior club football championship.

You see the problem

LCohen

Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2017, 02:01:43 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 20, 2017, 12:04:55 PM
I believe if I commit murder I will be jailed for a substantial period.It is a deterrent.Similarly I believe in God's Laws (Commandments) because I believe he exists in the first place,and by abiding by his laws I will have a good eternity.But this will be won primarily due to my belief in him in the first place.

Surely the taking of a life and its knock-on effects is the reason you don't commit murder? It is for me. The penalty doesn't enter into it. If I was guaranteed to NEVER be held responsible or suffer legal consequences, I still wouldn't do it.

Similarly, I don't need some mythical eternal judge and outcome (I.e. deterrent) to coerce me into being a decent human being in my everyday life. I would imagine you're the same, whether you realize it or not.

But Tony is not moral.

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2017, 05:45:06 PM
Non believers will not be admitted.The Bible makes that abundantly clear

The bible makes a lot of things abundantly clear. And you don't believe them.

T Fearon

Why are you so exercised by my beliefs? Multi posts? Why? If someone posts things I don't believe in I am totally unmoved.

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2017, 09:32:29 PM
Still capable of learning about the Gospel and heeding

How to the deaf AND blind get in?

Can god be prosecuted under the Disability Discrimination Act? Or just his earthly agents?

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 23, 2017, 10:48:49 AM
Stupid Punt,believes everything scientists (who are mostly atheist)say.I prefer the heartwarming stories like the one in the paper yesterday,about an ordinary man from Omagh,in his eighties,who has been bringing people to Lourdes for 40 years,and was awarded a medal from the Mayor of Lourdes (an award usually reserved for ambassadors).The man told of the numerous miracles he'd witnessed,many people for whom the Doctors (scientists) had no hope,were miraculously cured.

How many miracles does the church claim at Lourdes?

How many were incurable?

How many limbs grew back?

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 23, 2017, 10:10:15 PM
Faith in God is not rational,because it cannot be proved.If science is so wonderful why hasn't it solved all the world's problems?

At least it's trying. Humans ain't perfect, all knowing or all powerful. If they were they would have no excuse

LCohen

Quote from: LCohen on September 24, 2017, 03:13:14 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 20, 2017, 10:42:47 AM
What is wrong with that? I also belive in him because I want the bliss of heaven.

Faith is I think lissummon will win the Ulster senior club championship because I want them to win the Ulster senior club football championship.

You see the problem
Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2017, 02:47:35 PM
Look.I believe a man called Jesus existed,died and rose again.Throughout his life and elsewhere in the Bible an eternal reward is promised to those who believe in Jesus as their saviour and turn away from sin.What is wrong with wanting a good eternity? Look at the effort most people put in to have a good but relatively short time span on earth.

In answer Tony does not see the problem. He just restates it

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2017, 03:21:42 PM
Why are you so exercised by my beliefs? Multi posts? Why? If someone posts things I don't believe in I am totally unmoved.

I have explained many times that I am not concerned in your beliefs. I am concerned by your actions which are in turn linked to your motivations.

T Fearon

But why are you concerned? If you don't believe fair enough,it doesn't bother me.Why are you ranting on?

T Fearon

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2017, 03:34:26 PM
But why are you concerned? If you don't believe fair enough,it doesn't bother me.Why are you ranting on?

Ranting? Define ?

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2017, 03:35:09 PM
What actions?Motivations?

The social positions you take. The discriminations you advocate. The impacts on others lives.

The motivations include it must be true because it's in the bible (but an acknowledgment that other things in the bible are not true).   

Your claim that you are immune from the necessary burden of proof that applies to other seeking to influence debate or public policy needs to be called out for the horse shit it is

T Fearon

My opposition to certain things are based on a morality code informed by my beliefs.If a majority of people in a jurisdiction share these,that's called democracy.Are people who vote Conservative,due to believing they will be better off (inevitably at the expense of others),to be condemned and ranted against?

seafoid

Tony Fearon is an ideologue. You cannot argue logic with an ideologue.
You would have more success training a calf to do the Leaving Cert.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU