Gaillimh v Maigh Eo, Staid na Gaoithe, 1400, 10-Fea-2018

Started by macdanger2, February 05, 2018, 10:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatest

Hefty bans to be handed out this and 60 page threads on certain players. Numerous articles in all media for the next weeks and a full breakdown analysis on the Sunday game.... Oh wait.. . .  that wont happen.

Mayo the media sweathearts again with the thuggery, when are people going to cop on to them.

Tubberman

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 12, 2018, 08:57:23 AM
Hefty bans to be handed out this and 60 page threads on certain players. Numerous articles in all media for the next weeks and a full breakdown anaylis on the Sunday game.... Oh wait.. . .  that wont.

Mayo the media sweathearts again with the thuggery, when are people going to cop on to them.

What about your comment about the Dubs dragging Mayo men to the ground last Sept. You said: 

QuoteKill or be killed. Anything other than that is loser talk.

By the way, reading through your post history shows a worrying obsession with Mayo players. 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

TheGreatest

Quote from: Tubberman on February 12, 2018, 10:00:45 AM
Hefty bans to be handed out this and 60 page threads on certain players. Numerous articles in all media for the next weeks and a full breakdown anaylis on the Sunday game.... Oh wait.. . .  that wont.

What about your comment about the Dubs dragging Mayo men to the ground last Sept. You said: 

QuoteKill or be killed. Anything other than that is loser talk.

By the way, reading through your post history shows a worrying obsession with Mayo players.

I am not talking about Dublin for a change if we can stick to the topic. I thought O Connors elbow tackle to the face of a bloke half his size a disgrace.

His brothers tackle was dangerous but a yellow.

Elbow to face/high dangerous tackles when losing to dragging players to the ground to slow play down to win an All Ireland. There is a big difference IMO.

Manning18

You can really tell someone who hasn't played football in many years (or even at all), by the way they talk about blankets. The odd time there is actually a blanket system, think Donegal in year 1 under McGuinness or Tyrone at times 2 years back. The vast majority of the time, blankets arise from slow buildup play. If you're a modern day wing forward, you don't just stand there with the hand on the hips while the Opposition play a dozen hand passes over and back the midfield area. You naturally try get back and dispossess, and you have all day to do so. Mayo had 130 handpasses to Galway 30 in the first half apparently. Of the 6 Galway starting forwards, which ones exactly were the assigned sweepers? Because I remember each of them spending plenty of time in attack, and even Heaney attacking from wing back. If there was a blanket system, surely it would be easy to pinpoint which forwards were removed back to play as extra half backs? Mayo kicked a few balls inside in the first 10 mins. They lost each one, and then reverted to handball as they didnt have a target they trusted inside. The flow of the game stemmed from there

mayoman dan

Hefty bans to be handed out this and 60 page threads on certain players. Numerous articles in all media for the next weeks and a full breakdown analysis on the Sunday game.... Oh wait.. . .  that wont happen.

Maybe when he attacks a linesman and an innocent by stander in a pub.Any mayo fan ive spoken too is in agreement cillians hit was cowardly and stupid and he deserves to be punished for it.Your in no position to play the victim did you miss Smalls elbow on the Donegal player on saturday???

Lar Naparka

When leaving the ground, I wasn't too pessimistic about our chances come summer. After all, we had lots of lads missing, who are almost certain to nail down their places for the championship, and as well as that, Mayo are notorious for their slow start in every league for years past.
No need to panic just yet- or so I thought.
This morning I had my doubts and when I compared the personnel who started last year's AI final and the team that lined out yesterday, my nasty suspicions were well and truly conformed.
Y'see, eight of those who started against Dublin were missing yesterday but only one, the peerless Andy, was a forward. In other words, what we saw in the attack yesterday is more or less the best we have for May 13th and whatever comes after that. If that's not a cause for panic, I dunno what is.
When you think back over the years Mayo have been facing Dublin in AI finals, the one thing Jim Gavin had that we couldn't match is the strength of his bench. We sure have had a bizarre run of bad luck and could, should have one or more of those games but in all games Gavin had better subs than we had and if we manage to meet again this year, the same problem will persist.

I don't know if anyone will agree with me but the only credible contender for a starting place has been Eoin O'Donohue and he will be up against some serious opposition if he is to nail down a place. I really am at a loss here; Mayo have for years past been able to come up with top class midfielders and backs but the attack has always been the problem. Kerry and Galway look to have quite a few promising prospects and Dublin as always could field a top class team or two as well as their first fifteen but the same can't be said about Mayo.
Unless Rochy & Co. can come up with something different this year, our play will be only too predictable and we'll have to go suck the hind tit once again. I wish things were otherwise but I can't see any other outcome for the coming championships
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

cornetto

Something that was alluded to on the "fantastic"😁galway bay commentary was that after the melee which mcentee got involved in he headed straight for the dressing room rochford they said didnt even look at him or speak to him could there be a bit of friction in the camp??or was he just pissed off mcentee got involved?

TheGreatest

Quote from: mayoman dan on February 12, 2018, 01:44:50 PM

Maybe when he attacks a linesman and an innocent by stander in a pub.Any mayo fan ive spoken too is in agreement cillians hit was cowardly and stupid and he deserves to be punished for it.Your in no position to play the victim did you miss Smalls elbow on the Donegal player on saturday???

You've gone off topic, Mayo are being discussed, hundreds of threads on Dublin on this site and others and are heavily discussed as always.

Mayo, always the victim and deflection tactics. The Mayo team have poor discipline and its a major issue that some of the Mayo players cant control their violent temper or have moments of madness, its costing them the big one, the perfect example is last years all Ireland final.

mayoman dan

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 12, 2018, 02:59:50 PM

You've gone off topic, Mayo are being discussed, hundreds of threads on Dublin on this site and others and are heavily discussed as always.

Mayo, always the victim and deflection tactics. The Mayo team have poor discipline and its a major issue that some of the Mayo players cant control their violent temper or have moments of madness, its costing them the big one, the perfect example is last years all Ireland final.

Victim my hole can you not read??? Cillian was 100% wrong.I disagree that its costing us the big one as we have shown time and again we struggle against 14 men.The inability to put scores on the board when on top have cost us IMO.Il ask you again did you see Smalls elbow on the Donegal player???

Farrandeelin

Quote from: cornetto on February 12, 2018, 02:45:41 PM
Something that was alluded to on the "fantastic"😁galway bay commentary was that after the melee which mcentee got involved in he headed straight for the dressing room rochford they said didnt even look at him or speak to him could there be a bit of friction in the camp??or was he just pissed off mcentee got involved?

Course there's friction in the camp. AOS gave out to Rochford for not getting involved himself.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TheGreatest

Quote from: mayoman dan on February 12, 2018, 03:08:21 PM

Victim my hole can you not read??? Cillian was 100% wrong.I disagree that its costing us the big one as we have shown time and again we struggle against 14 men.The inability to put scores on the board when on top have cost us IMO.Il ask you again did you see Smalls elbow on the Donegal player???

I must of missed it to be honest.

Its a matter of opinions I suppose, to me Mayo violent tendencies and thuggish behaviour, childish play acting and trying to get players sent off is costing them. I suppose you can include ousting managers and trying to influence team selection to that list too.

Syferus

AOS getting blinded by the Sun, diving headfirst at Comer and then going to the umpires looking for a penalty was my favourite part of this match.

GalwayBayBoy

Comer picking up AOS at times reminded me of two bulls butting heads down at the local mart.

mayoman dan

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 12, 2018, 03:22:23 PM

Its a matter of opinions I suppose, to me Mayo violent tendencies and thuggish behaviour, childish play acting and trying to get players sent off is costing them. I suppose you can include ousting managers and trying to influence team selection to that list too.

Oh you missed the Dublin players thuggery thats convenient.Like i said your in no position to preach to anyone when your own team engages in the same thuggery violence and diving to get players sent off

Syferus

Quote from: mayoman dan on February 12, 2018, 03:54:50 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on February 12, 2018, 03:22:23 PM

Oh you missed the Dublin players thuggery thats convenient.Like i said your in no position to preach to anyone when your own team engages in the same thuggery violence and diving to get players sent off

That is just a troll account Dan.. the puppet master isn't even from Dublin.