Gaillimh v Maigh Eo, Staid na Gaoithe, 1400, 10-Fea-2018

Started by macdanger2, February 05, 2018, 10:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Any team predictions? If Parsons is back I'd imagine he will get some game time. Loftus instead of Regan perhaps? If Caff got a knock last week will Caolan Crowe start full back?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Manning18

Some laugh reading the site managers post about the Galway game over on Mayo GAA blog. No small amount of delusion for starters, but under it all, the ringing sense of a long standing inferiority complex. It's no wonder so many sane Mayo fans are embarrassed by the page

Crete Boom

Quote from: Manning18 on February 09, 2018, 08:27:04 PM
Some laugh reading the site managers post about the Galway game over on Mayo GAA blog. No small amount of delusion for starters, but under it all, the ringing sense of a long standing inferiority complex. It's no wonder so many sane Mayo fans are embarrassed by the page

Aye must be like looking in a mirror for yourself!

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 07, 2018, 07:53:09 PM
To be clear Shanahan deserved a red card for a cynical high tackle, it's a terrible injury for Regan as a result of a bad challenge.
It's all the other nonsense spouted over there as if there's some conspiracy against Mayo that is feeding a completely unwarranted victim complex.
Agree totally. And it's driven by the dude that runs the site.His posts are getting more and more embarrassing and cringeworthy by the week.
He is totally feeding some sort of victim complex.
I'm from a border town, my house now is in Mayo & I'm married to a Mayo lady so I'd keep a certain amount of an eye on football in Mayo.
Used to enjoy that site a few years ago but it's gone to the dogs over the last while.
The in laws who go to most Mayo games are embarrassed by that site.

MayoBuck

1. David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
2. Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4. Eoin O'Donoghue - Belmullet
5. Colm Boyle - Davitts
6. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
7. Paddy Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
8. Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
9. Shane Nally - Garrymore
10. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
12. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
13. Neil Douglas - Castlebar Mitchels
14. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
15. Conor Loftus - Crossmolina

MayoBuck

Nothing surprising there but probably a couple of changes before throw in. Don't like hammering the guy but hopefully Caff is not put marking Comer.

galwayman

Quote from: MayoBuck on February 09, 2018, 09:05:00 PM
Nothing surprising there but probably a couple of changes before throw in. Don't like hammering the guy but hopefully Caff is not put marking Comer.
Really think Comer won't be at his best regardless on Sunday.
He's just played 5 full games in 15 days with a Sigerson semi to come on Wednesday.
He should be rested but he probably won't be.
Pretty strong Mayo team there.
Question for Mayo lads - Stephen Coen.How do ye rate him?
Have to say I've seen him play a good bit and I just don't see what he brings to the table.
Seems very one paced and limited to my eyes anyway.
I know he came on in AI final in 2016 after Keegan's black card and was marking Connolly who didn't do much. But any time I've seen him either before or since I just haven't seen anything from him that would lead me to think he should get near that team.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: galwayman on February 09, 2018, 09:13:10 PM
He's just played 5 full games in 15 days with a Sigerson semi to come on Wednesday.
Have to say I've seen him play a good bit and I just don't see what he brings to the table.
I know he came on in AI final in 2016 after Keegan's black card and was marking Connolly who didn't do much. But any time I've seen him either before or since I just haven't seen anything from him that would lead me to think he should get near that team.

You answered the way I would have answered it. He has been exposed in every position. But management must see otherwise.

macdanger2

Most mayo people don't rate Coen, I think he'll make it as our CHB. He should NEVER shoot though

joemamas

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 10, 2018, 01:26:38 AM

Most mayo people don't rate Coen, I think he'll make it as our CHB. He should NEVER shoot though

Surely you jest.

You do need some level of pace for CHB

Farrandeelin

Andy Moran's dad passed away today. RIP.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 10, 2018, 08:49:00 PM
Andy Morgan's dad passed away today. RIP.

Vinny has been bad for a while. Originally from Fairymount. Best wishes to the whole Moran family.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on February 10, 2018, 09:19:06 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 10, 2018, 08:49:00 PM
Andy Morgan's dad passed away today. RIP.

Vinny has been bad for a while. Originally from Fairymount. Best wishes to the whole Moran family.
+1.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

cornetto

Keep an ear to the radio before travelling,bit of snow here last night it's probably worse,out the country.it should more than likely go ahead.

cornetto

Just saw there on Galway radio Twitter account pitch inspection at 8.30 am both games go ahead as planned.