Author Topic: The Sunday Game  (Read 450435 times)

Syferus

• View Profile
Re: The Sunday Game
« Reply #5310 on: February 15, 2018, 04:42:11 PM »
You say that as if Gavin is somehow an improvement. Hes not.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: February 15, 2018, 04:47:00 PM »
I usually mute all interviews/punditry until the match starts. I just can't listen to all the tripe and shite talking

I can't even stand most of the commentary on matches, especially Ger Canning. The sooner there's a 'no commentary' option on matches, the better.

Itchy

• View Profile

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: February 17, 2018, 01:20:40 PM »
RTE have reported that the microphone used by the outside broadcast unit to catch the crowd noise at sports events is broken.
In order that the sports viewing public will not be inconvenienced, RTE have decided on an active course of progressive efficiency and will now used canned crowd noise in future.  Not just canned crowd noise but genuine crowd noise recorded on cassette tapes from the attendance at each county ground.
 How will this work?
when Dublin play somewhere outside the pale, the commentator will have a cassette player on hand, when the Dubs score he will press the play button and loud genuine Heffo's Army grunts of delight will be heard in the background by viewers.

RTE sports will also employ special sound effects, e.g. when the Dubs have a free awarded against them, the commentator will press another button and the viewers will hear loud boos as the free taker embarks on his run up to kick the ball, not ordinary boos but genuine authentic Hill 16 boos recorded one All Ireland day. 
When Tyrone players walk off the pitch after a defeat, the commentator will  place 2 or 3  small stones in an empty vessel and give it a good rattle.