Donegal SFC-Kilcar appeal

Started by Truth hurts, August 18, 2021, 09:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/58255106

This is going to get messy, any Donegal people have any inside info on it? Will the game be replayed?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 18, 2021, 09:38:55 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/58255106

This is going to get messy, any Donegal people have any inside info on it? Will the game be replayed?

The ref and his assistants could be the scapegoat, not sure if they could\did  used a blood sub or actual subs, so many different ways to fight this for both clubs, ultimately it's the clubs sec who's at fault, he has to ensure, especially in a club final, all processes are carried out correctly.

It'll go to the county CCC then Ulster then National 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Truth hurts

Will this year's Donegal SFC go ahead or will they wait until this is finished? The timeline is tight for Ulster club.
I feel for the administrators who will receive the backlash over this. The fairest thing would be to replay it if there has been a mistake.

ck

The fairest thing is to replay but that can't happen according to the rules. If Glenties are found to have broken a rule then they'll be thrown out and the game awarded to Kilcar.

I've heard that the illegal substitution had a big impact on the game and also scored a penalty.

StephenC

The full story is pretty much out there. Extra sub was made - he scored a penalty. Hopefully they'll replay it.

yellowcard

Leaving aside the rules indiscretion, it is a horrible way to decide a county championship on a penalty shoot out especially since there aren't the same time constraints in needing to send forward a county representative to the provincial championship.

Wildweasel74

Too many subs not game forfeit? Happened in a senior championship game in leister a few yrs bck, can't remember the team. Not sure if it was replayed. Don't think it.

Armagh18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 18, 2021, 12:24:02 PM
Too many subs not game forfeit? Happened in a senior championship game in leister a few yrs bck, can't remember the team. Not sure if it was replayed. Don't think it.
Armagh vs Laois a few years back was replayed. And we got embarrassed again.

BennyCake

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 18, 2021, 12:47:54 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 18, 2021, 12:24:02 PM
Armagh vs Laois a few years back was replayed. And we got embarrassed again.

The only thing embarrassing about it was HQ gave Laois a re-match. And at home!

David McKeown

Did it not happen in a Munster final maybe Cork v Limerick years ago too.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Hound

I thought where replays happened in similar circumstances, it was always because the other team offered the replay rather than accepting the walkover. Not the GAA ordering the replay. But i can't remember the Armagh Laois case specifically

The subs position can get confusing, especially factoring in that blood subs don't count until/unless made permanent and that subs made between end of normal time and beginning of extra time don't count.

Hound

Quote from: the_daddy on August 19, 2021, 09:24:23 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 19, 2021, 09:20:52 AM
I thought where replays happened in similar circumstances, it was always because the other team offered the replay rather than accepting the walkover. Not the GAA ordering the replay. But i can't remember the Armagh Laois case specifically

The subs position can get confusing, especially factoring in that blood subs don't count until/unless made permanent and that subs made between end of normal time and beginning of extra time don't count.

It definitely can get confusing when a game is frantic - I thought Mayo made 4 subs in extra time on Saturday evening!
I remember one year, the Dubs made 6 subs in a semi v Mayo (when 5 was the max). I had counted 6 at the time, and thought I must be wrong. But then checked the papers the following day, and they all listed 6. Nobody was commenting on it, but I was sure it was only a matter of time before Mayo realized and Dubs were thrown out.
But turns out a Dublin defender went off with a blood injury. I think it was early in the second half and I think it was O'Carroll. He never reappeared and his substitution didn't count because it was temporary. Even though factually it was permanent, but those were the rules!

BennyCake

Who verifies that when a blood sub occurs, that the player coming off, actually is bleeding? Do the officials check this?

It could be open to abuse if it wasn't checked.

I'm surprised nobody has tried the sachet of tomato sauce yet.

skeog

Did Leicester Tigers do something with red sauce?.