NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manning18

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 26, 2020, 09:33:37 PM

Shane Walsh pure class again today from open play and is clearly going to be targeted by the opposition so PJ needs to do what Dublin and Kerry are old hands at by using plamas/pressure as required to get the message through to refs that he needs to be protected from sledgers on the pitch. On a less happy note he missed a right footed near gimme free off the outside of the post again. Rock and O'Shea miss nothing, he isn't in this calibre as a free taker and Galway really need someone to be.

Shane is an 80% free taker. The problem is he's 80% whether it's a 14 yarder straight in front or a 35 yard kick from near the sideline!!

This has happened way too many times now to be fluke. He can't keep his concentration or something. Surely we could let another good kicker, say Varley, or even Ian Burke at a push, take all the very simple ones in around the goal. Let Shane keep trying to nail the tough ones but leave the gimmes. He's missed at least a dozen of them over the years. There's average players in my club who've never missed one of them

johnnycool

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 26, 2020, 12:25:49 AM
Got chatting to some Kerry lads after the game. Their attitude was that thecref treated it like an u12 game movi g thst free up. not happy.

That said, cracking game for January

I thoroughly enjoyed it as a game as well.

some serious attacking talent on both teams who actually looked to attack at every opportunity,

When played like that Gaelic football is well worth the watch.

Main Street

Was it so that there was a pitch invasion after the final whistle at Salthill to celebrate a bare bones  one point home victory over the relegation favourites?   

rosnarun

Quote from: Main Street on January 27, 2020, 10:25:33 AM
Was it so that there was a pitch invasion after the final whistle at Salthill to celebrate a bare bones  one point home victory over the relegation favourites?   
so what, does it matter what kind of a game it was . there always a 'Pitch invasion' after matches in castle bar . kids meet the player and every one elde hangs arounf for a chat . it makes the day much more sociable,

Much rather that than the feckers who leave the match with 5 minutes to go no mater what the score is .
saw it again in ballybofey when Donegal were just  a point up the started streaming home .
hope they feel stupid Today
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

GaillimhIarthair

Kids running out to get a selfie or an autograph from their favourite player?  Happens after most games as far as I can see across the country and that's the way it should be.  Don't see the problem with it to be honest. 

Maroon Manc

Relying on the highlights and match reports unfortunately, great match reports as usual from AFA. I thought Monaghan would win before hand, they pretty much had their best team out there and from reports sounded like they'd more work done.

Too much talk about Galway in certain circles, Colm Parkinson and the lad from Mayo on his podcast both tipping Galway to get to the final; Don't see that at all, I'll be happy just to stay up given there's been a complete change in style which obviously takes time and games to get right. We've all commented on here about the issue with kickouts for several years, Power is a very good kicked of the ball but doesn't matter if the movement isn't there. From the reports it doesn't sound like Galway did too well on Beggans kickouts, was he able to get quick kick outs away or was it simply down to movement? I was stood behind the goals 18 months ago when Monaghan beat Galway and his kickouts were brilliant, not much difference in him and Cluxton, you'd think there was nothing on but out of nowhere he'd find a pocket of space

I'd like to think Galway will improve as the year goes on in terms of tracking runners as fitness and awareness improves but it will take time and plenty of pain in the short term for Galway to get it right at the back. Ultimately Galway are going to have to find new personnel to close the gap to the top.

Enda Tierney had a fantastic game in the club final Saturday night, interesting to see if he gets called up. Looked in better physical condition when he was on the Galway panel a few years ago and looked a bit more mobile. I thought Matthew was quiet enough, not sure if he's ready to make an impact for the seniors just yet. You can tell by his frame he'll fill out but he's a long way off where Sean O'Shea was at last year physically when he was still u20.

Is Duggan gone for the season?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on January 27, 2020, 11:12:35 AM
Kids running out to get a selfie or an autograph from their favourite player?  Happens after most games as far as I can see across the country and that’s the way it should be.  Don’t see the problem with it to be honest.
Its great to see and long may that GAA tradition continue, just a pity those at Croke Park have stopped such "invasions"

BennyCake

Where was Peter Harte yesterday? He fecked up my fantasy team!

southtyronegael

He still on honeymoon Benny.

southtyronegael

Think he left before the Kerry game last year.

Main Street

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 27, 2020, 03:57:41 PM
Kids running out to get a selfie or an autograph from their favourite player?  Happens after most games as far as I can see across the country and that's the way it should be.  Don't see the problem with it to be honest.
Its great to see and long may that GAA tradition continue, just a pity those at Croke Park have stopped such "invasions"
The Croke Park pitch invasion was not the same thing as a bunch of kids (supposedly) invading the Salthill pitch.

Though I would have thought scraping a one point win at home against a rusty relegation bound team would have rung alarm bells and boos all round.   

An Fhairche Abu

The kids invade the pitch after every home game hurling and football looking for photos and autographs, obviously they are accompanied by parents as well. Sure the PA had to specifically ask patrons not to go on the pitch after the hurling match because it was a double header. That's a match against noted hurling superpower Westmeath as well.
Making a meal about it for whatever reason - disappointment at the result of a January league match maybe? - is the only alarm bell ringing that I can hear.

galwayman

Quote from: Main Street on January 27, 2020, 07:06:08 PM
The Croke Park pitch invasion was not the same thing as a bunch of kids (supposedly) invading the Salthill pitch.

Though I would have thought scraping a one point win at home against a rusty relegation bound team would have rung alarm bells and boos all round.
As has been said several times - it's a bunch of primary school kids looking for autographs/photos with the players ffs.

whitey

Quote from: galwayman on January 27, 2020, 08:37:36 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 27, 2020, 07:06:08 PM

As has been said several times - it's a bunch of primary school kids looking for autographs/photos with the players ffs.

https://youtu.be/v4tMcHUHTI4

Dad leading his daughters on their first pitch invasion

They even run into the most famous pitch invader if the past 20 years mid way through

MayoBuck

Is he more famous than the Louth fan in 2010?