Real Madrid win La Liga

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 18, 2007, 01:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Both teams end on 76 points but I think it's very unfair way to win the league,Barcelona have a better goal difference but Madrid win because of the head to head meetings between themsleves and Barcelona

Team         Played       PTS
1 Real Madrid   38         76  +26
2 Barcelona      38         76  +45

You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 18, 2007, 01:11:42 AM
Both teams end on 76 points but I think it's very unfair way to win the league,Barcelona have a better goal difference but Madrid win because of the head to head meetings between themsleves and Barcelona

Team         Played       PTS
1 Real Madrid   38         76  +26
2 Barcelona     38         76   +45

Maybe it is a bit unfair, but everyone knew the rules before they entered the competition this season. Anyway, one would expect that these two clubs, especially, would have an input in these issues.

Have they always ranked head-to-head meetings above goal difference as tie-breakers in Spain?

The Real Laoislad

Have no idea..Just think with 20 goals diference between the two teams it shows Barca were the better over the season
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

I'm delighted for Messi after his little cheating handball last weekend. It's always a little sad when someone so talented feels no shame in doing a bush league trick like that. I know we all laugh at Maradona's effort against the English in 86, but it was wrong then too.

I was glad to think his cheating hadn't won the league for Barca.

Hank Everlast

And beckamwill be embarrassed about being taken off in front of his guests tom cruise and katie holmes!

AZOffaly

Wasn't that pathetic? Seeing Tom Cruise kissing your one when Madrid scored the second or third was vomit inducing. that little b**lix wouldn't know if the ball is pumped or stuffed.

Rossie11

AZ can see your point about Messi but Barca fans would have seen it to be revenge/justice after Espanyol threw their game against Madrid a fortnight before. That was shocking..

Barca have only themselves to blame. Were poor since Xmas but maybe they wont be so complacent next year.
Backed Madrid 9/2 a month ago so sort of numbed the pain of them winning..

AZOffaly

I don't follow the ins and outs of la Liga Rossie, so I didn't hear about Espanyol, but I saw Messi's 'goal' and it just sickened me to see it. I would genuinely be disgusted if a player on my team did something like that on purpose.

Rossie11

3-1 up after half time and lost 4-3. Didnt try a leg in 2nd half and rightly are known as Madrids 2nd team in Catalonia.

As regards handball goals I dont think its any worse than a guy diving for a peno or a defender hacking player down for professional foul to save a certain goal. Its all cheating but a handball goal always gets worst press.

AZOffaly

I owuldn't equate it with hacking a lad down, at least that's blatent. Agree about the sneaky dives though. But there is something about a handball, and the mad celebration afterwards that is really annoying to me. If I saw that, as an opponent, I'd be tring to buckle Messi for the rest of the game :D

corn02

AZ If yo uhad the chance to do what Messi done for a team in the knowledge it would win the game would you do it, I certainly would!

AZOffaly

I can honestly say I wouldn't. Call me a geek or whatever, but no, I wouldn't.

Rossie11

Az even in this scenario??
Playing for pool V Man U in Champs league final..
1 nil down in injury time.. a cross comes in.. Only way is score is to punch it or chance leaving it to Garcia ( :P)  behind you..

The Real SlimShady

Win, by any means necessary.

AZOffaly

I wouldn't punch it in. I might punch Garcia if he misses it though :D