James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

WBA fans have apparently penned quite a witty chant for McClean for the coming season. I think he'll love it.

God save our James McClean,
Long live our James McClean,
God save McClean.
Send us victorious,
His tricks are glorious,
Long to score goals for us,
God save McClean
That was never a square ball!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 20, 2015, 11:02:28 PM
WBA fans have apparently penned quite a witty chant for McClean for the coming season. I think he'll love it.

God save our James McClean,
Long live our James McClean,
God save McClean.
Send us victorious,
His tricks are glorious,
Long to score goals for us,
God save McClean

He'll hardly stand for that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

Bord na Mona man

Hypothetical question.
If you were playing in Wimbledon back in the day, would you have bowed or curtsied to the Royal Box on Centre Court?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on July 21, 2015, 04:56:18 PM
Hypothetical question.
If you were playing in Wimbledon back in the day, would you have bowed or curtsied to the Royal Box on Centre Court?

Probably.... Loads doing it from West Belfast now when they collect their OBEs MBEs, if you get opportunity to play centre court you'll not be the type of person who won't give a feck about politics...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

I think only Brits bow and curtsy these days and that only to their own monarch. I certainly don't think it's protocol for republicans (citizens of a republic - careful now) to bow or curtsy to anyone. You wouldn't have known that with all the bishop-ring-kissing that used to go on in the early decades of this republic. I wonder was it a coincidence that bishop-snogging as a form of devotional display came to an end here around the same time that young wans started displaying their form of devotion by throwing their knickers at Dicky Rock?

longballin

should have sat on the ground for US anthem...

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

If he finds the Brits that objectionable, maybe he should just find a different league to play in.

I admire his principled stand, BUT he is paid in Sterling (which has the Queens portrait) and some of the taxes he pays goes to fund the British Army. So lets see how far he is willing to go to stand up for what he believes in

general_lee

Quote from: whitey on July 21, 2015, 08:14:03 PM
If he finds the Brits that objectionable, maybe he should just find a different league to play in.

I admire his principled stand, BUT he is paid in Sterling (which has the Queens portrait) and some of the taxes he pays goes to fund the British Army. So lets see how far he is willing to go to stand up for what he believes in
That's the same argument Loyalists use. I get your point though.

At the end of the day he's a millionaire, I just think a lot of his posturing is to try and keep up appearances for whenever he's back home.

heganboy

wait,
you think cos he's rich his political views go out the window?

The exact opposite of American politics. I'm rich so you should believe what I believe...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on July 21, 2015, 08:19:36 PM

At the end of the day he's a millionaire, I just think a lot of his posturing is to try and keep up appearances for whenever he's back home.

A millionaire?? Are you sure about that? So when he's home do you think there are people who'll give him problems while playing for a EPL team?

Orior

I fear that James has backed himself into a hole. Some home fans could make his tenure unbearable.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

dferg

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 21, 2015, 08:43:03 PM
Quote from: general_lee on July 21, 2015, 08:19:36 PM

A millionaire?? Are you sure about that? So when he's home do you think there are people who'll give him problems while playing for a EPL team?

His salary is 780k per year.  I'm sure he had more than 1 signing on bonus etc when joining a new team. plus X years of premiership/championship football. 

What exactly did he do wrong?  He looked uncomfortable when standing for GSTQ.  He didn't drop his trousers or anything.  Fair play to him for standing his ground same with the poppy.  The easy option is to just wear one, he would get much less grief plus be more marketable if he went with the crowd.  I'd be surprised if many people in England cared that an Irish person didn't turn to the flag when GSTQ was on.

Jeepers Creepers

Wonder what his reaction will be when the queen awards him an OBE for services to crap football teams.