Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nihilist

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 28, 2015, 11:53:10 PM

What I mean is, will the same rigmarole go on like last year's shenanigans of appointing the new managers? It's going to be the same few who are going to select the management team for next year, why should we expect anything different?

Correct, except this year it will be worse as there is no obvious candidates!!

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 28, 2015, 11:53:10 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 28, 2015, 11:49:57 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 28, 2015, 11:30:06 PM
This is one story that will continue and continue and continue. I honestly thought the two boys had weathered the storm, but judging by that newspaper headline the storm is just beginning.

No Farr. It's over. Just a mess now to clear up and puts us in a messy spotlight that was the making of outgoing and current chairman + a few confidants and 2 blokes that wanted a cut at glory but were out of their depth.

Like you I thought they would dig their heels in and it appeared they tried to do that but local media lads had the inside track and it was becoming clear that their position was untenable.

What I mean is, will the same rigmarole go on like last year's shenanigans of appointing the new managers? It's going to be the same few who are going to select the management team for next year, why should we expect anything different?

The same few are now shown up. There is going to be an emergency board meeting. Opportunity to ask tough questions and hopefully table a motion of no confidence in any officer around last appointment. Chairman has to go because there is no way he could have a meaningful working relationship with new manager under the new circumstances. Connolly has behaved poorly trying to ringfence this management from criticism. If it turns out that he was being disingenuous about Buckley's position he has to step down.

It has been brought to my attention that JM could be asked to take over the senior as well as the U21 job

Crete Boom

Well if Maughan did take over that could mean Buckley might stay on being very close friends with John??

I hope Maughan turns it down because it would be a disaster for him and the current panel in my opinion.

moysider

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 29, 2015, 12:06:42 AM
Quote from: weareros on September 28, 2015, 11:51:34 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 28, 2015, 11:43:02 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 28, 2015, 11:29:49 PM
You should get McStay.

Oh, wait.  8)

Bad week for Mayo Executive, Pateen and Noel and McStay so.
Surprised by McStay not reading it better. The dogs on the street knew that the 2 lads were dead men walking.
McStay the big looser over the last 12 months through no fault of his own.

Thought Mayo players vetoed McHale and by association McStay.

I am pretty sure that was a broadside thrown out by our brilliant former chairman at his critics which was nevered backed up with any evidence. I did ask one of the panel last spring if that was true and he said as far as he knew it was bullshit.

It was spin of the highest order to discredit McStay application and appoint the incoming chairman's brother. In their addled minds they probably thought Holmes added would make a combo. Anybody that knew anything knew it was a stitch-up from the word go - especially the players.

moysider

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 29, 2015, 12:14:57 AM
Well if Maughan did take over that could mean Buckley might stay on being very close friends with John??

I hope Maughan turns it down because it would be a disaster for him and the current panel in my opinion.

Well as my friend, who told me about this development earlier this evening, said; the board will now punish this group of players with their next appointment. Teach them manners. The bottom line is that some county boards are about control and not an ambition like winning an AI. That's why we need a purge and clear the top ranks of anybody associated with the Holmes/Connelly idea.

larryin89

Moy I have great respect for you but surely the CB would not purposely hinder our chances just to slap the wrists of some players .

Everyone supporters included need to keep cool heads here. The two bucks will go cause they've lost the dressing room . Who takes th boot seat, I don't have a clue.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

You should get McStay.

Oh, wait.  8)

Surprised by McStay not reading it better. The dogs on the street knew that the 2 lads were dead men walking.

I don't think you understand how much gra McStay has for Roscommon football Moy. Chaired our football review that was implemented this year and ironically played a part in Brigid's reign ending yesterday. And McStay was shouting on Ros. Gaels (his local club) and Brigid's as loud as anyone yesterday.

I don't think McStay would be the sort of man to turn tact just because Mayo's nearly men have started throwing the toys from the cot. Big reason I think he's a very good appointment is he's both a smart man and a good man. Those are in short supply.

whitey

2 "fringe panelists" are neighbors of mine and the oul fella spoke to them the week after the Dublin game.....Im not surprised by the latest developmenta to say the least!

Shrewdness

Did Donie Buckley actually step down or is he still there?...How will the Mayo players be viewed by the public for their actions?

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on September 29, 2015, 12:32:41 AM
Moy I have great respect for you but surely the CB would not purposely hinder our chances just to slap the wrists of some players .

Everyone supporters included need to keep cool heads here. The two bucks will go cause they've lost the dressing room . Who takes th boot seat, I don't have a clue.

Napoleon made one of his brothers king of Naples and Spain and another king of Holland. Just because he could.
I don t trust them. Peter Ford never got a look in after the '92 debacle.

I've issues about the appointment of H&C. I was amazed at the time that H&C thought they could do the job. My biggest gripe is thought that they tried to dig their heels in when the game was up. They could have left with grace and cited family commitments blah, blah, blah. Instead they are going to go the worst possible way.

larryin89

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 29, 2015, 12:47:25 AM
Did Donie Buckley actually step down or is he still there?...How will the Mayo players be viewed by the public for their actions?

Very good entertaining side who have achieved five in a row provincial titles , contested five all Ireland semi finals on the trot and two finals all in five years.

Roscommon men should only be concerned at how to stop six in a row.

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

joemamas

Quote from: larryin89 on September 29, 2015, 12:32:41 AM

Larry,

I have respect for you, but do you live on planet earth.
Look at cast of characters involved over past 3-5 years, do not want to generalize but look at their record in every aspect.
Ballymagash town council would maybe have outdone them

Btw the players now need to know they have our unreserved support.
They bloody well deserve it as well.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on September 29, 2015, 12:41:06 AM
You should get McStay.

Oh, wait.  8)

I don't think you understand how much gra McStay has for Roscommon football Moy. Chaired our football review that was implemented this year and ironically played a part in Brigid's reign ending yesterday. And McStay was shouting on Ros. Gaels (his local club) and Brigid's as loud as anyone yesterday.

I don't think McStay would be the sort of man to turn tact just because Mayo's nearly men have started throwing the toys from the cot. Big reason I think he's a very good appointment is he's both a smart man and a good man. Those are in short supply.

The reaction I was expecting because it suits others to present it like that. The reality is though these nearly men almost got there without a functioning management. From a long, long way out.
Of course McStay wont change tact. As you say he is a man of principle and ability. He was badly treated/nay ridiculed by one slawmeen in particular on Mayo Board  last year and that type of shite backfires. Best of luck to Kevin in Ros.

maigheo

The way I read it is the players are against the management structure which could mean that  they do not want joint managers and just want one man in charge which I would think would be Connelly or maybe I am completely wrong.It probably was a done deal to appoint Connelly and Holmes but McStay torpedoed his own chances when he wanted monetary compensation for the sunday game gig which I for one would never have agreed to.A complete mess and I guess the only viable option would be James Horan if the H and C are forced to resign

Shrewdness

Classy reply as always Moysider.