You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Louth Exile on October 23, 2007, 12:41:43 PM
Quote from: Leg End on October 22, 2007, 11:19:27 PM
commercial breaks... and every single channel on sky digital on them at the same time.

being 3pence short in change of the cost of what every u are buying and having to break a £20 note because of it

Thicko shop assistants who will break a 20 instead of just letting you off the 3p
Seconded, especially when it's for petrol/diesel that you're charged the additional cents.

Puckoon

How can you really blame a shop attendent, or call them thicko for that? I dont know what line of work you are in, but if the boss/owner says you break the 20 quid note, you feckin break it. Would you be happy if something cose 9.97 and all you got back from a 20 was a 10?

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 24, 2007, 06:19:49 PM
I didn't have a go at parents about the baby on board things, I simply asked what they were about?

I don't think I said parent's who used the spaces were selfish, or at least I didn't intend to, what I meant was, the type of parent's who think they've a God given right to a space at the door of a shop are typical of today's generation of selfish parents.

btw I like the way you've "man" in italics, I suppose that's because I've low sperm count  ::)
I have to say, your continued taunting of someone, you believe can't have children, is absolutely vile.  I wouldn't do it to my worst enemy. 

No, apologies that was not my intention, also if you read through my posts I only ever questioned why you had such a dislike for parents as that's how you came across, my rationale was you had an issues with parents or where bitter towards them, the man now looks bad but it was because a stronger word would get me another exile from the very very inconsistent moderators on this discussion baord.

pintsofguinness

Oh right, you weren't continuing your taunting, just wanted to call me a name. 
I dont see how my issue with car park spaces points to a dislike for parents. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 24, 2007, 07:01:44 PM
Oh right, you weren't continuing your taunting, just wanted to call me a name. 
I dont see how my issue with car park spaces points to a dislike for parents. 

Yeah  ::), not only do you not read my posts you don't read your own, you must polish that neck with brasso each evening!

pintsofguinness

what have I said against parents?
The parking spaces
I've talked about selfish parents not spending enough time with their children
I've asked whats the deal with the baby on board signs

and from that you've come to the conclusion I don't like parents  ::)

Snowed Under

No you took the allocated parking spaces provided by shopping centres and from that berated parents in general on many levels; the quote that really showed your contempt for parents was trying to make an issue about some poor newly gifted mother for having a sign - baby on board - says a lot about you as a person. ::)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Snowed Under on October 24, 2007, 07:23:33 PM
No you took the allocated parking spaces provided by shopping centres and from that berated parents in general on many levels; the quote that really showed your contempt for parents was trying to make an issue about some poor newly gifted mother for having a sign - baby on board - says a lot about you as a person. ::)

I simply asked:
QuoteYou know what else I don't get, maybe some of our parents could explain, the "baby on board" or "child on board" or whatever those signs are that you stick up in the window of the car.  In the name of Jesus what are those for?  What is there purpose?
So people will look at it and say "oh baby on board, now I won't drive into you!"
I don't see anything wrong with that.  You said it was just a tacky thing, fair enough. 

And then I went on to say talk about the parents who try and push their children onto a babysitter at every opportunity.  You don't agree that parent's should spend as much time as possible with their children?  (and of course I understand they need to work).

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 24, 2007, 07:38:54 PM
Quote from: Snowed Under on October 24, 2007, 07:23:33 PM

I simply asked:
QuoteYou know what else I don't get, maybe some of our parents could explain, the "baby on board" or "child on board" or whatever those signs are that you stick up in the window of the car.  In the name of Jesus what are those for?  What is there purpose?
So people will look at it and say "oh baby on board, now I won't drive into you!"
I don't see anything wrong with that.  You said it was just a tacky thing, fair enough. 

And then I went on to say talk about the parents who try and push their children onto a babysitter at every opportunity.  You don't agree that parent's should spend as much time as possible with their children?  (and of course I understand they need to work).

The manner in which you posted many of your posts and the generalisation and constant reference, to selfish parents shows a complete contempt for parenthood, to try and backtrack and wash over this now is, quite frankly, like yourself pathetic.

pintsofguinness

backtrack and washover it? I don't think so. 
You're just yapping away there and have ignored several direct questions. 

The Real Laoislad

Isn't it great we all get along on this board  8)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Snowed Under

And you have constantly refused to acknowledge your previous posts and like his holiness showing contempt for disabled people and parking spaces you have generalised and shown contempt for parenthood; read over your posts if you have forgetten what your posted.

Puckoon

pintsofguinness

snowed under I'm bored now. 
I tell you what, quote one thing I said about parent's (other than about the parking spaces) that you disagree with.

Puckoon

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 15, 2007, 01:33:47 PM
People saying they'll be somewhere at a certain time - and then not show up on time - if at all

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Is this connected with your latest gear grinder: Weemin? ;)
Mine does that all the time.