Tyrone v Roscommon Say 14th July at 5pm - Football chat ONLY

Started by Fuzzman, July 14, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Jayop on July 15, 2018, 02:29:24 PM
Hard to fathom people calling Morgan a liability. His restarts yesterday were brilliant and he had a good game overall bring the ball out and saving a point over the bar.

The short free was stupid but two points, 1 it should have been a hop ball but Gough makes it up as he goes along regarding Tyrone and 2 the Rossies player wasn't back the required distance anyway so we could even have been able to take it again with a different ref.
I think the free was for a throw rather than the 14 yards (which as you say would have been a hop ball).

Morgan was standing for quite a while with the ball at exactly the spot where the ball should be kicked from. Gough blew the whistle, then Morgan just threw it sideways. Presumably he was just throwing it to the defender for him to take the restart, but Gough's decision was understandable given the defender should have had the ball long before, if he was the one going to take it.

Blowitupref

I overrated Roscommon ignoring the fact that they are too open in defence to stand any chance against top 6 teams in the business end of the championship, they are all clearly well off the strength and conditioning of the top teams so McStay has major work to do if he wants to bring this team any further.

Tyrone looked every bit a top 5 team yesterday, a very efficient team where every player knows their roles and subs coming on all showing great desire to impress as they are all fighting for starting spots. 7-54 scored in the last two games which proves Tyrone can score freely when given the room and time to score but v Dublin,Donegal next should provide the real evidence if this Tyrone side has improved from last year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

thebar

Roscommon should not be in the Super 8's they simply arent fit for it.

trueblue1234

Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2018, 01:59:37 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 15, 2018, 12:47:41 PM
MISSING PERSON

Answers to the name Syferus.
Known to have a disdain for Ulster football, Tyrone, Mickey Harte, Andy Moran, Ballaghaderreen etc.
May refer to Tyrone v Roscommon as a grudge match.

Missing since 5pm yesterday.
The Monaghan lads will back me up on this. A number of prominent Throne posters disappeared after the county lost 2 league maches in a row.
Syf would have to be gone for a month to be remotely comparable.

https://youtu.be/-T6NKsPZxBA
which posters?

Surely you must be worried now given how The second best team in the province preformed? Real possibility Galway could get a beating the day which would cast huge doubt on the quality of football in Connaught.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Over the Bar

Quote from: Syferus on July 15, 2018, 02:44:49 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 15, 2018, 02:40:01 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 15, 2018, 02:25:14 PM
It's a pity we took a hammering off a team I think isn't going anywhere this year. If it was Dublin it would have almost tolerable. A lot of work to do on our system for next week and next year because it's just not giving us a chance in these sorts of games.

Brilliant Syf. Couldn't even bring yourself to positivity acknowledge the big bad red hands. Any thoughts on our game next week?

Ye played well but everyone knows you were being marked by cardboard cutouts so I wouldn't get giddy just yet.

Nah, Tyrone were being marked by the best Roscommon has to offer.  Don't go throwing your team under the bus tho, just man up for once and accept you were thrashed by a much superior team.   

BennyHarp

It's a pity we took a hammering off a team I think isn't going anywhere this year. If it was Dublin it would have almost tolerable. A lot of work to do on our system for next week and next year because it's just not giving us a chance in these sorts of games.

Brilliant Syf. Couldn't even bring yourself to positivity acknowledge the big bad red hands. Any thoughts on our game next week?

Ye played well but everyone knows you were being marked by cardboard cutouts so I wouldn't get giddy just yet.

Dublin will beat ye, but not by 18 points..

So are you still holding a grudge then?
That was never a square ball!!

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 15, 2018, 05:52:17 PM

Dublin will beat ye, but not by 18 points..

So are you still holding a grudge then?

Benny you need to understand sy. doesn't always express himself well. I try give him benefit of the doubt others try and goad him which is the easy option. I think he meant we are sick of tyrone beating us and would love to beat ye. its probably how cavan feel about us.

bamboo

Maybe so Padraig but I'd let the man speak for himself. His constant condescending, patronising and downright blinkered comments on every topic under the sun have caused the majority of the board to turn on him and revel in his disappointments.

He needs to step away for a while or else tone things down a bit. For his own sake- and the boards as there's as much talk about him as there is about the games.

Main Street

Typical Tyronies, kicking a limbless man when he's down on the ground.

Chin up Rossies,  anyway, beating Tyrone is overrated.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Main Street on July 15, 2018, 06:48:11 PM
Typical Tyronies, kicking a limbless man when he's down on the ground.

Chin up Rossies,  anyway, beating Tyrone is overrated.

Yeah, I suppose beating Tyrone is over rated in Monaghan because deep down you know that Tyrone always beat you later in the championship....when it really matters. It's bound to take the edge off it for you.
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

The readings from my sickening arrogance detector are off the charts right now.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 14, 2018, 11:56:50 PM
Connacht is a poor province.
Dhera it is not.
After today we may be looking at a Tyrone-Galway semi final
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

SouthDublinBro

From the Bunker