Galway v Kerry. Super 8s Round 1. 15 July Croke Park.

Started by Mayo4Sam14, July 08, 2018, 12:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Delighted with the win.
Couldn't give a f**k what it was like as a spectacle tbh.
Best wishes to Paul Conroy.
A nasty injury.
We are down to the bare bones now around the middle with Duggan also out for the next 2 games.

macdanger2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 15, 2018, 06:13:51 PM
Quote from: highorlow on July 15, 2018, 06:06:55 PM
The theory on giving youth its chance just backfired on Kerry. It'll be interesting to see their team next week.
It was a manager on his last year rolling the dice but to be honest Kerry's best player today was one of their youngest. Too many of their older players are past it now and need replacing.

Jack O'connor won't be the shoo in for the job he looked like he would be a couple of years ago.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: balladmaker on July 15, 2018, 05:40:12 PM
Munster and Connacht football must be a poor standard.  Dublin and Tyrone miles ahead of the rest at this stage.  At least the the Super 8's will expose the weaker teams to a greater extent.

How would you rate the standard of football in Leinster balladmaker?

From the Bunker

Quote from: galwayman on July 15, 2018, 06:47:36 PM
Delighted with the win.
Couldn't give a f**k what it was like as a spectacle tbh.
Best wishes to Paul Conroy.
A nasty injury.
We are down to the bare bones now around the middle with Duggan also out for the next 2 games.

Yes, Galway have finally realised it's about the result and not playing nice football against Kerry.

Think Kerry expected an old Skool shoot out today!

shark

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 15, 2018, 06:55:35 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on July 15, 2018, 05:40:12 PM
Munster and Connacht football must be a poor standard.  Dublin and Tyrone miles ahead of the rest at this stage.  At least the the Super 8's will expose the weaker teams to a greater extent.

How would you rate the standard of football in Leinster balladmaker?

I don't get the point of these conversations. And I don't get GAA people who identify with provinces. Maybe it's just me.

GalwayBayBoy

Double leg breeak for Conroy. Between that and being KO'd in the Mayo game he's had no luck this Summer. Had started today's game well too.

Have gone from having four midfielders to being down to the bare bones.

BennyCake

Seems Galway stuffed them. Were they impressive?

Kerry will find it tight now qualifying for a semi spot

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2018, 07:31:33 PM
Seems Galway stuffed them. Were they impressive?

Terrible match overall really with some awful wides. Probably should have won by more then 3 though considering some of the wides we kicked and the Kerry goal at the death which probably shouldn't have counted. It annoyed me momentarily as I thought of the score difference but that soon passed.

Who cares in the end though? I'd prefer an ugly win than a beautiful defeat any day.

johnpower

Terrible day for Kerry well beaten. The lack of intensity basic errors were shocking. The only Kerry player to show was Clifford

Overall poor game but that won't matter to Galway who were well up for it . terrrible injury for Conroy

Gael85

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 15, 2018, 07:21:00 PM
Double leg breeak for Conroy. Between that and being KO'd in the Mayo game he's had no luck this Summer. Had started today's game well too.

How long is Duggan out for? Is Fiontan O'Curraoin an option? Thought Peter Cooke done very well when came on.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gael85 on July 15, 2018, 08:24:20 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 15, 2018, 07:21:00 PM

How long is Duggan out for? Is Fiontan O'Curraoin an option? Thought Peter Cooke done very well when came on.

Duggan is out for the Super 8's anyway. They think he might be back if they get past that stage. O'Curraoin not in the squad. Has had a lot of injury problems. Cooke is good alright. Still only a young buck though.

SouthDublinBro

The difference between Meehan and Keegan as pundits is night and day. Meehan came off as knowledgeable and articulate. Keegan clueless and classless.

From the Bunker

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 15, 2018, 08:46:35 PM
The difference between Meehan and Keegan as pundits is night and day. Meehan came off as knowledgeable and articulate. Keegan clueless and classless.

Where does Charlie Redmond come in the scheme of things?  ;D

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 15, 2018, 08:46:35 PM

I didn't see Keegan. Mikey is quite good alright and comes across well.