Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: Syferus on March 17, 2018, 12:25:31 AM
Quote from: longballin on March 17, 2018, 12:17:37 AM
Quote from: stephenite on March 17, 2018, 12:08:17 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 16, 2018, 11:59:17 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 16, 2018, 11:50:25 PM
was ciaran mc donald the greatest mayo player in history?

Ever heard of Sean Flanagan?

Christ you are stupid

Not sure are you calling Syferus or southtyrone gael stupid? Sean Flanagan that played for Mayo 67 years ago hardly a household name with young people in Tyrone all the same no more than Iggy Jones is in Mayo...

He was on both the Team of the Century and the Team of the Millennium, we're not exactly talking obscure or local names here. If you're signed up to GAABoard you're pretty likely to at least have an idea of the all-time greats.

Ive heard of him but many young ones haven't. Team of the Millenium was near 20 years ago ffs! It was near 70 years ago... you'd have to be about 80 to remember him playing :  0

An Fhairche Abu

Is there anything to be said about the actual matches on this weekend lads?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 17, 2018, 10:28:20 AM
I don't see Kevin making wholesale changes for this one, I think he'll probably do that in the Kildare game and try to keep a few key lads fresh for the league final.  Need to start much better than we did last weekend, that first 35 mins were our poorest to date in the league.  The Dubs are blowing away teams at there ease right now so it will require a big effort to even get within a few points of them. 

Farrandeelin

Hard to know what to say these days when a team is named the day before a match and there are one or two changes to it on the day.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on March 17, 2018, 11:34:22 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 17, 2018, 10:28:20 AM
I don't see Kevin making wholesale changes for this one, I think he'll probably do that in the Kildare game and try to keep a few key lads fresh for the league final.  Need to start much better than we did last weekend, that first 35 mins were our poorest to date in the league.  The Dubs are blowing away teams at there ease right now so it will require a big effort to even get within a few points of them.
Out of interest in the 5 NFL games how many same starters have Galway had so far?

For this weekend games

Galway v Dublin - Dublin by 4 or 5 points
Mayo v Tyrone - a Draw
Monaghan v Donegal - Monaghan by 1 or 2 points
Kerry v Kildare - Kerry by 3 or 4 points

I think those set of results would mean that Donegal and Kildare would be relegated with one round of games to play.

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

macdanger2

Mayo team named for what it's worth

1. Rob Hennelly - Breaffy
2. Caolan Crowe - Garrymore
3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4. Eoin O'Donoghue - Belmullet
5. Colm Boyle - Davitts
6. Lee Keegan - Westport
7. Michael Hall - Breaffy
8. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
9. Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
10. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
12. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
13. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
14. Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen
15. Adam Gallagher - Mayo Gaels

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 17, 2018, 11:42:21 AM
Hard to know what to say these days when a team is named the day before a match and there are one or two changes to it on the day.

You can say that the team named today was the team who really started the game contrary to the team who was named the last day, contrary to the team named to play and more than likely won't be the team to start tomorrow. (I think!)

Blowitupref

30 mins gone Kerry 0-11 Kildare 0-4  all six of Kerry starting forwards have scored.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

52 mins played Kerry 0-14 Kildare 0-10
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

FT Kerry 0-19 Kildare 0-14.

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 17, 2018, 08:37:30 PM
Kildare have lost 6/6. They would have been better off staying in D2 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on March 17, 2018, 08:53:12 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 17, 2018, 08:37:30 PM
Kildare have lost 6/6. They would have been better off staying in D2

We'll see what your synopsis of Galway is after two games against the Dubs! ;)