Jamie Clarke could be set for a move to Major League Soccer

Started by From the Bunker, August 31, 2016, 06:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Clarke hoping to sign for New York Red Bulls
[/b]

Former Armagh ace Jamie Clarke is keeping himself fit on his travels by training with Major League Soccer club New York Red Bulls.

The 27-year-old Crossmaglen star is rubbing shoulders with the likes of former Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips and The Irish News reports that he hopes to earn a contract with the club where French icon Thierry Henry finished his playing career.

The talented all-rounder has also been playing for Longford GAA club in New York and it is understood he will find out in November if he has a future with the MLS side.

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=260300

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

T Fearon

Heard about this.No chance. He'd miss the big games due to his nomadic tendencies.

T Fearon

I am not impressed with Oisin Mc Conville's disparaging comments about my home club Tir Na Nog who Crossmaglen meet in the next round of the Championship.😠😠😠

armaghniac

Sure Jamie has already played for Cartwheel United, this is no bigger.

QuoteI am not impressed with Oisin Mc Conville's disparaging comments about my home club Tir Na Nog who Crossmaglen meet in the next round of the Championsh

Sure didn't Oisin used to live in Tír na nÓg until he fell from a horse.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

😁😁😁 V Good! You are a contender for the title of Second Best Wittiest Poster on this Board

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on August 31, 2016, 09:30:28 PM
Sure Jamie has already played for Cartwheel United, this is no bigger.

QuoteI am not impressed with Oisin Mc Conville's disparaging comments about my home club Tir Na Nog who Crossmaglen meet in the next round of the Championsh

Sure didn't Oisin used to live in Tír na nÓg until he fell from a horse.
He was horsing into a blonde called Niamh
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on August 31, 2016, 08:04:50 PM
I am not impressed with Oisin Mc Conville's disparaging comments about my home club Tir Na Nog who Crossmaglen meet in the next round of the Championship.😠😠😠
They weren't disparaging they were on the money and respectful, any way O'Hanlons are your home club.

T Fearon

Saying it will be hard to lift the players in effect because TNN are shite is extremely disrespectful.Also my home club is and always will be TNN

Brick Tamlin

Well its all true. TNN are shite and haven't a prayer against Cross. Whats the issue?
If you think the opposite you should take advantage of the odds on offer and stick a few pound on TNN to win, saying youre a great one for the value bets.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on September 01, 2016, 12:26:18 PM
Saying it will be hard to lift the players in effect because TNN are shite is extremely disrespectful.Also my home club is and always will be TNN
Tony, you don't let the truth hold you back. What he actually said was:"and it's trying to get the boys up for it. We'll be expected to win, as we normally are, but in this case we will be especially expected to win as Tir Na Nog haven't a great record. There in lies the problem, it's getting motivated for the game..." To me that's a statement of fact, in no way disrespectful and if anything is critical also of Cross players. Also I'd have thought as a GAA traditionalist living in Poyntzpass you'd support your parish club.

T Fearon

Was there any need for him to say that?

Also by your logic as I live in Down that should be who I support.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on September 01, 2016, 01:20:15 PM
Was there any need for him to say that?

Also by your logic as I live in Down that should be who I support.
Its an opinion piece it is the truth so why shouldn't he? It is not disrespectful as you suggested and he does not use the word shite anywhere, that was your description. Also feel free to support the red and black, they need all the help they can get.