Mayo v Kildare, Round 3B Football Qualifier July 16, 2016

Started by From the Bunker, July 10, 2016, 01:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 14, 2016, 09:08:10 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2016, 08:23:15 PM
In Castlebar, a small but steadfast crowd was waiting in the heavy rain outside the Welcome Inn. Nothing official had been arranged, but these Mayo people stood vigil all the same. Their gesture choked Brady up in a way he hadn't felt in years. In the function room, he was overcome. That was when it hit him. Thirteen years of playing county football and this was how it ended. He had to lower his head, had to raise his hand to warn his friends away.
"The warmth of those people was incredible. It kind of dawned on me then. The whole thing hit me and in my heart and soul, I shed a tear or two inside. That is what I had been doing this thing for - the 13 years of breaking arms, legs, nose, jaws, the hundreds of training sessions, the whole lot - that is why. These were strangers standing in the pissing rain to greet a team that had been destroyed in the biggest football match of the year. I won't ever forget that."

Jack O'Connor came in and spoke with direct compassion about what had just happened on the field. He explained that the one, single year Kerry had been waiting since their All-Ireland final loss to Tyrone had been more cutting and salty than the half-century of constant keening that accompanied Mayo teams. He explained Kerry's need had been greater

Surely it is time to put a shtop to it .  The Galway result adds another twist to it
Away to fûck with yer bollixing shit about Galway and your faux worrying about Mayo football. If Galway do win the AI before us, you'll be a hard hoor to listen to. Go away and annoy Syferus on the Connacht final thread.
I'm beginning to think that would mean annoying himself.  You couldn't possibly have two separate entities coming out with this sort of sh*te.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

Lar the Mayo story is a soap opera. You can't help being drawn into it.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2016, 10:58:36 AM
Lar the Mayo story is a soap opera. You can't help being drawn into it.
;D ;D ;D
Don't I know....!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

From the Bunker

1. David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
2. Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
3. Kevin Keane (Westport)
4. Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
5. Lee Keegan (Westport)
6. Colm Boyle (Davitts)
7. Patrick Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)
8. Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
9. Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
10. Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
11. Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
12. Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber)
13. Evan Regan (Ballina Stephenites)
14. Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)
15. Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber, captain)

barking mad

Looks good on paper thought 7 point handicap extreme but if he  start with them 6 forwards ye will easily beat it.

barking mad

Quote from: barking mad on July 15, 2016, 07:25:27 PM
Looks good on paper thought 7 point handicap extreme but if he  starts with them 6 forwards ye will easily beat it.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 15, 2016, 07:18:34 PM
1. David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
2. Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
3. Kevin Keane (Westport)
4. Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
5. Lee Keegan (Westport)
6. Colm Boyle (Davitts)
7. Patrick Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)
8. Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
9. Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
10. Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
11. Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
12. Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber)
13. Evan Regan (Ballina Stephenites)
14. Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)
15. Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber, captain)
Need more from play from the inside forward line. Our fullback line needs to buck up. Durcan needs to up it. Vaughan can't be an onlooker at midfield. Aido needs to change his attitude a bit. Other than that we're grand.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

I hope Andy Moran is starting as stated. I think he needs to be starting games and used (for want of a better term) until he runs out of stream.

The full back line is an anomaly! We are really weak in this line.

Maroon Manc

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 15, 2016, 08:01:42 PM
I hope Andy Moran is starting as stated. I think he needs to be starting games and used (for want of a better term) until he runs out of stream.

when is Caff back?.
Are the forwards same as last year?

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2016, 08:17:55 PM

when is Caff back?.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/mayo-blow-as-cafferkey-set-to-miss-rest-of-the-season-34822132.html

Forwards are the same as last year bar Regan and Higgins (as a forward)!

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 15, 2016, 08:24:04 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2016, 08:17:55 PM

when is Caff back?.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/mayo-blow-as-cafferkey-set-to-miss-rest-of-the-season-34822132.html

Forwards are the same as last year bar Regan and Higgins (as a forward)!
have Cashelbar no forward  that can score? Ye should be using the road less travelled to find 2 forwards.

Does COC ever contribute many scores from play? Or is he a better version of Maurice Sheridan ?

macdanger2

Interesting selection with Vaughan at MF, will he drop back and AOS go to MF? Would really like to see Higgins and McLoughlin switch roles

I fancy us by 3-4 points

seafoid

If Mayo reach the qfs with essentially the same team as last year something is wrong