FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 09, 2017, 10:49:02 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 09, 2017, 10:47:50 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 09, 2017, 10:47:17 PM
Can ye not just be happy we won and leave that shite out.

No

An apology (or at least some admission) for those anti-Ulster nationalist posters on here is obviously too much to ask.

Lads, you'd want to toughen up a bit. Southern media sicken my hole as much as anyone but sure it's a free country and they can write whatever they want. But why turn tonight's great win into that. I'm delighted we won and gave them Welsh hoors as dose of revenge for Seamus Coleman

uimhr ocht

Well done to all the Irish lads tonight tremendous as o neill would say,fought and battled all night long fair play to mc lean and o neill both get stick for different reasons.rte show very little respect to m o neill I've seen a few interviews since he took charge and they weren't what you would expect from reporters,journalists

T Fearon

No better man than Martin to deliver a result against the odds.Remember Boavista away in the UEFA semi final after a non descriptive draw at home? Clough used to do exactly the same.Knocking Liverpool,the holders out of the European Cup when no one gave Forest a chance

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on October 09, 2017, 11:01:11 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 09, 2017, 10:49:02 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 09, 2017, 10:47:50 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 09, 2017, 10:47:17 PM
Can ye not just be happy we won and leave that shite out.

No

An apology (or at least some admission) for those anti-Ulster nationalist posters on here is obviously too much to ask.

Lads, you'd want to toughen up a bit. Southern media sicken my hole as much as anyone but sure it's a free country and they can write whatever they want. But why turn tonight's great win into that. I'm delighted we won and gave them Welsh hoors as dose of revenge for Seamus Coleman

We are tough, we get on with it but we're not going to pretend it doesn't exist.

BarryBreensBandage

Paul Lambert called it on Talksport this morning. When asked who would win, he said that if a team needed to get a result away from home, the man he would want managing that team would be Martin O'Neill.
Also, was great to see the reaction between O'Neill and Keane afterwards.
I would say Roy had a big hand in the mental preparation of the players for that win.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

From the Bunker

To be fair - Soccer gets a bad rep! Never mind the North South stuff! Rugby and GAA can do no wrong! Rugby achievements get completely over rated and GAA gets away with no other country to bench-mark against!

laoislad

Quote from: T Fearon on October 09, 2017, 11:04:53 PM
No better man than Martin to deliver a result against the odds.Remember Boavista away in the UEFA semi final after a non descriptive draw at home? Clough used to do exactly the same.Knocking Liverpool,the holders out of the European Cup when no one gave Forest a chance
Sure you wanted Scotland to win last night which would have meant we couldn't qualify.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hereiam

Did anyone get what Dunphy was saying when he refered to Londonderry and Darragh had to cut across him.

illdecide

North men, South men, comrades all...wise up lads and enjoy the win and the night. If there are a few in RTE slabbering it only to be controversial and be heard, in one ear and out the other as you're giving them the reaction they're looking...

COYBIG...don't care who we get in the draw TBH as they'll all be tough and couldn't imagine too many looking to play Ireland either.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Asal Mor

Thought O Neills substitutions were poor. Bringing on Whelan and Kevin Long meant we were going to spend the last 10 camped inside our own box while Wales peppered the box with crosses and had 6 or 7 half chances from the edge of the area. If one of them had flown in O Neills would have been crucified for the negativity of his substitutions. They didn't so he's a hero. We hoofed away possession all night too. I think O Neill has been lucky rather than good.

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 09, 2017, 11:40:58 PM
Thought O Neills substitutions were poor. Bringing on Whelan and Kevin Long meant we were going to spend the last 10 camped inside our own box while Wales peppered the box with crosses and had 6 or 7 half chances from the edge of the area. If one of them had flown in O Neills would have been crucified for the negativity of his substitutions. They didn't so he's a hero. We hoofed away possession all night too. I think O Neill has been lucky rather than good.

Bringing on Whelan and Long were the correct choices. 30 years of Irish football tells you that the final 15 minutes was never going to involve us holding onto the ball. Keeping Murphy on would have been a serious waste.

5 Sams

Quote from: Hereiam on October 09, 2017, 11:32:46 PM
Did anyone get what Dunphy was saying when he refered to Londonderry and Darragh had to cut across him.
Dunphy is the poor man's Joe Brolly.
The Aristocrat Years

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on October 09, 2017, 11:48:32 PM

Bringing on Whelan and Long were the correct choices. 30 years of Irish football tells you that the final 15 minutes was never going to involve us holding onto the ball. Keeping Murphy on would have been a serious waste.

Yes, it was about Parking the Bus at that stage!

Asal Mor

Whelan didn't win a tackle or make one telling defensive contribution in the time he was on and needless to say he did nothing constructive. I don't think Long touched it. Bring on Houlihan and Maguire and try to keep the ball. This was Wales minus Bale not France or Germany. We gave up a lot of chances in the last few minutes to a team that's as ordinary as ourselves. Why concede the initiative so completely? We've been caught out enough times doing similar.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 10, 2017, 12:06:10 AM

Whelan didn't win a tackle or make one telling defensive contribution in the time he was on and needless to say he did nothing constructive. I don't think Long touched it. Bring on Houlihan and Maguire and try to keep the ball. This was Wales minus Bale not France or Germany. We gave up a lot of chances in the last few minutes to a team that's as ordinary as ourselves. Why concede the initiative so completely? We've been caught out enough times doing similar.

In fairness it was a Battle at that stage. All about bullying the ball. All well and good Houlihan being able to be able to put his foot on the ball and make a telling pass, but there was not going to be any support play.