Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No wides

Agony Aunt Denise Robertson

BennyHarp

Cesare Maldini - father of Paolo and former Italian player and manager.
That was never a square ball!!

T Fearon

Didn't he play with Trap in the first AC Milan team to win the European Cup in the 60s

AQMP

Quote from: T Fearon on April 03, 2016, 11:02:09 AM
Didn't he play with Trap in the first AC Milan team to win the European Cup in the 60s

Yeah, he was the captain in that game in 1963.  The match was played at Wembley

theskull1

Merle Haggard being sung back home at the age of 79 

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

AQMP

Yer man that was married to Liza Minnelli, David Gest aged 62

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AQMP on April 12, 2016, 05:11:19 PM
Yer man that was married to Liza Minnelli, David Gest aged 62

Came across as a nice guy, apparently very good music producer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Subbie

Jack Leslie, known in some parts as Sir Jack Leslie, former WW2 POW, Ibiza raver and ruiner of the Paul McCartney/ Heather mills wedding surprise.

leenie

Quote from: The Subbie on April 18, 2016, 12:12:30 PM
Jack Leslie, known in some parts as Sir Jack Leslie, former WW2 POW, Ibiza raver and ruiner of the Paul McCartney/ Heather mills wedding surprise.

R.i.p

Manys a night was spent dancing round him in applejacks
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Armamike

Colourful character. Flew a spitfire during WW2 I think.
That's just, like your opinion man.

T Fearon

Old Jack was a cousin of the inimitable Winston Churchill.Great people to be feted in the freestate

BennyCake

Ah yes, that was the auld fella who did a bit of 'big fish, little fish, cardboard box' with Michael Smiley (aka Tyres).

The Subbie

Quote from: T Fearon on April 18, 2016, 08:35:34 PM
Old Jack was a cousin of the inimitable Winston Churchill.Great people to be feted in the freestate

Hence my use of the words "known in some parts"
I'm from the area and firstly the family are big employers, but the whole big house , here's  Churchill's christening gown etc did not sit to kindly with me.
In his defense however he was a nice man to talk to, I had a really good chat with him one night many moons ago about the butchery of WW1 and the huge part his class played in that , he accepted everything I threw at him without qualification.

The free state Bruton types did regularly engage in group wankathons over his service , again , never sat well with me and plenty of lads from the area.

general_lee

Affable enough individual I thought given his aristocratic background. RIP

T Fearon

Sister Clare Theresa Crockett who became a nun in her late teens in Derry after seeing the wastefulness of the life she was leading.A true saint.