Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Hereiam on August 12, 2014, 09:13:40 AM
Just happened to watch the family guy episode last nite where everyone Peter touched turned into Robin Williams.
I great loss to the world of comedy. RIP Robin Williams

Same as me, then I turned on Facebook before I went to bed. Unbelieveable. I knew he fought demons over the years, I just hoped...  I guess you never truly win that battle.

RIP Robin Williams.
Testing Accessibility

Christmas Lights

Robin not getting any sympathy from Alan Brazil by the looks of things  :-\
what an ignorant ****

QuoteTalkSPORT presenter Alan Brazil has drawn huge criticism from fans following his comments on the death of Robin Williams, who was found dead at his California home following a suspected suicide on Tuesday morning.

Speaking on his breakfast show, Alan stated he has "no sympathy" for the 'Mrs Doubtfire' star, adding that he considers the situation that suicide leaves behind as "diabolical".

Alan began the segment by recalling the moment he found out Robin had died, stating that at first, he thought his wife had said singer Robbie Williams was dead.

"And then when she said 'Robin', I thought, 'oh, okay'," he explained. "It didn't hit me hard like it would if it had been Robbie, thank God it wasn't."

While his co-presenter immediately sensed that the conversation was perhaps inappropriate, responding with "suicide is never an easy matter", Alan persisted and continued to state his controversial views.

"I believe he's got a daughter as well, what's she feeling like this morning?" Alan stated. "Now she's got to sort the arrangements out. I think it's shocking, I really do.

"I don't have a lot of sympathy, I'm sorry."
When his views were questioned, Alan replied: "It might be [harsh] but that's the way I feel.

"What you leave behind is diabolical, I'm really annoyed about that."

Since his comments, a number of fans have taken to Twitter, calling for TalkSPORT to axe the presenter, who has been involved in a number of controversies during his 13 years as one of the radio station's presenter.
In May, Alan was accused of using sexist comments after making a number of disparaging remarks about female football reporters.

Robin was found dead at his California home on Monday, from what is currently believed to have been suicide. An investigation into the circumstances of the actor's death is currently underway, including forensic and toxicology tests.

A statement released by the Marin County Sheriff's Office following the announcement of his death said: "At this time, the Sheriff's Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made."
Celebrities including David Walliams, Lady Gaga, Simon Cowell and Ben Stiller have all shared their condolences on Twitter, and his daughter Zelda has shared also an emotional tribute.

"You - you alone will have the stars as no one else has them... In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing," it reads. "And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night... You - only you - will have the stars that can laugh."

supersub

He obviously has no clue about the illness which is depression - idiot.

Awful news. RIP.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2014/aug/12/robin-williams-suicide-and-depression-are-not-selfish?CMP=fb_gu

Syferus

Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, Flubber, Jumanjii, Dead Poets Society. All seminal childhood movies for me. Some mightn't even be classed as good movies but it was never Robin Williams' performance that was the prolem. Always likeable, always engaging. He loved games and anime too - he named his daughter Zelda after the princess in The Legend of Zelda. It was always cool to think there was a big film star that was into the same things people I knew were into.

I was amazed at how he could cross between drama and comedy and be equally good at both - One Hour Photo, Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting are probably his three best films that I've seen and none of them are even comedies.

I think I'll get around to Good Morning Vietnam and Insomnia now.

Tony Baloney

Juat saw a WTF moment on Channel 4 News! They played a clip from Good Morning Vietnam where he sings "get a rope and hang me". :o

TabClear

Sad news about Robin Williams. All been said above, a funny man who could do serious acting as well.

RIP

Milltown Row2

Mork & Mindy: In Mork We Trust (#1.21)" (1979)

Orson: The report, Mork.

Mork: This week I discovered a terrible disease called loneliness.

Orson: Do many people on Earth suffer from this disease?

Mork: Oh yes sir, and how they suffer. One man I know suffers so much he has to take a medication called bourbon, even that doesn't help very much because then he can hear paint dry.

Orson: Does bed rest help?

Mork: No because I've heard that sleeping alone is part of the problem. You see, Orson, loneliness is a disease of the spirit. People who have it think that no one cares about them.

Orson: Do you have any idea why?

Mork: Yes sir you can count on me. You see, when children are young, they're told not to talk to strangers. When they go to school, they're told not to talk to the person next to them. Finally when they're very old, they're told not to talk to themselves, who's left?

Orson: Are you saying Earthlings make each other lonely?

Mork: No sir I'm saying just the opposite. They make themeslves lonely, they're so busy looking out for number one that there's not enough room for two.

Orson: It's too bad everybody down there can't get together and find a cure.

Mork: Here's the paradox sir because if they did get together, they wouldn't need one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DrinkingHarp

Sultry screen legend Lauren Bacall............dies at the age 89 from a stroke.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

muppet

If you thought Alan Brazil was bad.....

Try Rush Limbaugh:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/12/rush-limbaugh-robin-williams_n_5673626.html

Rush Limbaugh seems to think he knows why Robin Williams died in an apparent suicide earlier this week -- and it's because unhappiness is an attitude of the political left.

The leftist attitude is "one of pessimism and darkness, sadness -- they're never happy, are they?" Limbaugh said on Tuesday's broadcast of his radio show. "They're always angry about something. No matter what they get, they're always angry."

Limbaugh cited a Fox News story that said Williams killed himself because he was embarrassed to take TV roles and parts in movie sequels, but had to do it because of financial troubles.

"He had it all but he had nothing. Made everybody else laugh but was miserable inside," Limbaugh said. "I mean, it fits a certain picture or a certain image that the left has. Talk about low expectations and general unhappiness and so forth."

Limbaugh also read a newspaper report that said Williams felt guilt over surviving the deaths of his friends Christopher Reeve, John Belushi and Andy Kaufman.

"He could never get over the guilt that they died and he didn't," Limbaugh said. "Well, that is a constant measurement that is made by political leftists when judging the country."
MWWSI 2017

Sidney

I agree with Rush Limbaugh to the extent that:

i) There tends to be a correlation between having a high level of intelligence and unhappiness.
ii) There certainly tends to be a correlation between having a high level of intelligence and being a left-wing liberal.

So perhaps Rush Limbaugh's belief that there is a correlation between unhappiness and being politically left-wing is indeed accurate, albeit not for the reasons he thinks, and I use the word "think" very loosely in his case.

Once could also infer from Rush Limbaugh's comments that they are a clear inference that there is a correlation between being right-wing and being thick, and I certainly wouldn't disagree with him there.

I don't think Rush is thick, by the way. He knows his audience. He's merely an utter c u nt.

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on August 13, 2014, 04:57:47 PM

i) There tends to be a correlation between having a high level of intelligence and unhappiness.
ii) There certainly tends to be a correlation between having a high level of intelligence and being a left-wing liberal.

So perhaps Rush Limbaugh's belief that there is a correlation between unhappiness and being politically left-wing is indeed accurate, albeit not for the reasons he thinks, and I use the word "think" very loosely in his case.

Once could also infer from Rush Limbaugh's comments that they are a clear inference that there is a correlation between being right-wing and being thick, and I certainly wouldn't disagree with him there.

I don't think Rush is thick, by the way. He knows his audience. He's merely an utter c u nt.

The problem here with Limbaugh is he is suggesting Williams brought it upon himself and thus deserved it, for being a leftie.

In that regard, I agree with your last statement.
MWWSI 2017

Boycey

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28844131

James Alexander Gordon - One the most recognisable voices of my youth, and I'm sure many others of my generation... He was the football results before Sky and saturation coverage came along. If you were waiting the away teams score you knew whether they'd won or not by the change in tone of his voice  :)

Bingo

Quote from: Boycey on August 19, 2014, 09:57:16 AM

James Alexander Gordon - One the most recognisable voices of my youth, and I'm sure many others of my generation... He was the football results before Sky and saturation coverage came along. If you were waiting the away teams score you knew whether they'd won or not by the change in tone of his voice  :)

Forfar 5 - East Fife 4

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sidney on August 13, 2014, 04:57:47 PM

Plenty 'thick' people suffer from depression and wouldn't know what right wing or left wing is. Depression and suicides happens across the board, all genders/classes/countries, it's pretty indiscriminate.

Stupid statement
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Bingo on August 19, 2014, 10:03:18 AM
Quote from: Boycey on August 19, 2014, 09:57:16 AM

Forfar 5 - East Fife 4

God rest. I used to try and predict the score from the voice inflections on the first team.

But I was a bigger fan of the BBC teleprompter - its random choosing of scores - Queen of the South followed by Liverpool.