Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on December 05, 2013, 09:53:20 PM
RIP

We were talking about something related in work today (somebody was explaining their dislike for Foster & Allen since the played in South Africa) and I mentioned that we haven't heard much about Mandela in a while and suggested that he might have improved.

Put the quare scud on him there.
Useless cnut.

BennyHarp

Boxer Baby Jake Matlala died today only 51 - the shortest world champion in history and a real icon in post apartheid South Africa. I remember watching him fight Dave Boy McAuley in Belfast in the 90s. RIP
That was never a square ball!!

orangeman

Actor Peter O'Toole, who starred in Sir David Lean's 1962 film classic Lawrence of Arabia, has died aged 81, his agent has said.

The Irish-born star began on the stage in Bristol and London aged 17, but his big break was when Sir David cast him as British adventurer T E Lawrence.

It earned him the first of eight Oscar nominations, with others coming for such films as Becket, The Lion in Winter and Goodbye, Mr Chips.

He received an honorary Oscar in 2003.

He had initially refused to accept the award.

In a letter he asked the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to delay the award until he was 80, saying he was "still in the game and might win the bugger outright".

Captain Obvious

Great actor O'Toole was. He was even good in Supergirl.

mouview

Often better than a lot of the rubbish he was in. Was iconic in 'Lawrence....'.

moysider

Quote from: orangeman on December 15, 2013, 06:26:36 PM
Actor Peter O'Toole, who starred in Sir David Lean's 1962 film classic Lawrence of Arabia, has died aged 81, his agent has said.

The Irish-born star began on the stage in Bristol and London aged 17, but his big break was when Sir David cast him as British adventurer T E Lawrence.

It earned him the first of eight Oscar nominations, with others coming for such films as Becket, The Lion in Winter and Goodbye, Mr Chips.

He received an honorary Oscar in 2003.

He had initially refused to accept the award.

In a letter he asked the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to delay the award until he was 80, saying he was "still in the game and might win the bugger outright".

One of the all time greats.

Check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K561m7Nq7kk

'' My noble transport'' - class line from a class act.

mouview

Joan Fontaine, veteran actress, Rebecca etc. Estranged sister of Olivia De Haviland

Dougal Maguire

Ronnie Biggs the train robber
Careful now

Applesisapples

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 18, 2013, 07:41:08 AM
Ronnie Biggs the train robber and Sex Pistols Guest Vocalist on No-one is Innocent.

Olly

Tomorrow is the death of one of my hereos John McGill who was founder of the Beaver Club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaver_Club

The object of their meeting was to bring together, at stated periods during the winter season, a set of men highly respectable in society, who had passed their best days in a savage country.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

john mcgill

Olly

Sorry, James McGill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_McGill

I hope I caused you no distress
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: john mcgill on December 18, 2013, 06:49:30 PM
I never knew!
The rumours of your death are greatly exaggerated
Careful now

john mcgill

I waited until this morning just in case your prediction was correct. 

theskull1

Quote from: john mcgill on December 19, 2013, 07:02:03 AM
I waited until this morning just in case your prediction was correct. 

and? .............
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera