The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd

Quote from: Uladh on June 02, 2007, 03:18:26 PM

The amount of money attached to that rumour about sissoko is nonsense.
dream on lads.

I dont think its that outlandish when United paid £17 million for Hargreaves

Uladh

£10m for sissoko? sure we'll wait and see but i wouldn't hold my breath

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 02, 2007, 03:20:06 PM
so unlike Armaghs Ulster aspirations it may not be a dream at all  ;)

like ronan murtagh's ability to defend, it is indeed a complete fairytale

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Uladh on June 02, 2007, 03:18:26 PM

The amount of money attached to that rumour about sissoko is nonsense.
dream on lads.

I wouldn't sell him for anything less than 10 million. He's had some brilliant performances for Liverpool (especially in Europe), he's young, a superb athlete and has vast potential. Only for the fact that Mascherano fell into our laps I don't think we'd even be considering selling him.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteI dont think its that outlandish when United paid £17 million for Hargreaves

Geez...that's twice I have agreed with you in the last few weeks. I think I need help.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Syd

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 02, 2007, 10:37:10 PM
QuoteI dont think its that outlandish when United paid £17 million for Hargreaves

Geez...that's twice I have agreed with you in the last few weeks. I think I need help.

Most Chelsea supporters need help......

Norf Tyrone

QuoteMost Chelsea supporters need help......

;D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ExiledGael

Word has it round Scouseland that Liverpool are trying to poach Henry from Arsenal, apparently Ladbrokes and William Hill have shortened the odds on the transfer from 10-1 to around 3-1!

An Fear Rua

Tommy Smith has had a heart attack just announced
Its Grim up North

AZOffaly

An Fear Rua

out by the weekend they reckon, so mustnt be too bad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6727365.stm

He might even qualify for sickness benefit this time round  ;)
Its Grim up North

john mcgill

The Real SlimShady

aye, and somebody tried to hijack the Popemobile  ::)

ExiledGael

Know the rumours are rife, but how could Henry be in Melwood with Rafa as France are playing an important European Championships qualifier tonight against Georgia, is he suspended?

The Real Laoislad

I remember seeing a interview a few years back where Henry said Anfield was his favourite ground to play at outside of Highbury,and that he loved all the history that goes with Liverpool FC
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

Dunno which thread to post this in.

From Football365. Like Buzzword Bingo if you watch the England match tonight. Award yourself the relevant points each time you see/hear the item.

1. Steve McClaren calling for patience in the pre-match build-up - one point.

2. Fans begging to differ - six points minus number of minutes it takes for booing to start.

3. During the warm-up, Michael Owen practising not looking relieved if he scores - one point.

4. During the warm-up, Frank Lampard flopping his hair over his ears to hide the fact that he's wearing earplugs - two points.

5. Team-mate calling, shouting at, then screaming at Lampard - five points.

6. Commentator expressing surprise that Estonia "are actually quite well-organised at the back", as if it's strange that smaller European teams do, in fact, train for football matches - one point.

7. England not appearing quite so well-organised at the back - one point per unmarked Estonian at a corner.

8. Commentator observing that "Joe can give you a bit of magic out there on the wing" - one point.

9. Joe Cole attempting fancy but amateurish stepover - two points per blurry leg movement.

10. Full-back dispossessing Joe Cole with embarrassing ease - three points.

11. Ex-pro praising McClaren's tactical awareness, modern methods etc - one point per bottle of Lucozade on side of pitch.

12.Sophisticated modern methods manifested by booting ball 80 yards at Peter Crouch and hoping it bounces favourably off him - one point.

13. England winning an early corner and Steve McClaren applauding loudly and urging his men forward, then pursing his lips 30 seconds later - one point.

14. A man on the radio defending Frank Lampard - five cakes.

15. Man is surprisingly not a relative of Frank's - ten cakes. And a lasagne.

16. Terry Venables scratching the back of his head then looking over towards the corner flag, as though he's at a bus stop - five points.

17. McClaren drawing frantically on his tactics pad, then crossing it all out and starting again - ten points.

18. Terry Venables slowly edging further away from Steve McClaren - five points.

19. One for lip-readers: McClaren saying "I can't move my legs" after Estonia take the lead - ten points.

20. England fans chanting: "You don't know what you're doing." - five points.

21. The press box chanting: "You don't know what you're doing." - ten points.

22. Becks scoring free-kick, followed by calls for him to be made Pope - XXIII points

23. An annoying pre-prepared punny intro from Gary Lineker on MOTD - five points.

24. McClaren insisting that he's not worried about losing his job - one point.

25. McClaren in the dugout furiously crayoning himself a new CV - three points.

26. John Terry vowing "I'll take blame for failure"; blaming referee - one point.

27. Headline featuring Estone The Crows/Tallint Show/Coq up etc - one point per smuggled-in can of Stella that sports sub-editor has consumed during game (maximum 15).

28. Kieron Dyer missing after the game and later hauled out of Estonian "gentlemen's club" - one point.

29. Yourself looking at the TV listings, wondering if you'd be better off missing the last 15 minutes in favour of seeing the whole of The Apprentice - five points.

30. Yourself daydreaming about Sir Alan Sugar being head of the FA and telling Steve McClaren: "You've lost me money, you're an utter shambles, YOU'RE FIRED!" - 100 points.

By Philip Cornwall and Alan Tyers