Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 24, 2022, 10:37:20 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on February 24, 2022, 07:27:54 PM
Will this put accession to NATO on the political agenda for Ireland?  All of a sudden nothing seems certain anymore.  Who comes to Irelands aid if it is attacked? (Far fetched perhaps, but the world is an uncertain place).
Jesus Christ I hope not.

You think anyone would come to our aid if say Russia, UK or America invaded us - nato or no nato? Get real.

Gmac

Quote from: Itchy on February 24, 2022, 11:26:07 PM
Will this put accession to NATO on the political agenda for Ireland?  All of a sudden nothing seems certain anymore.  Who comes to Irelands aid if it is attacked? (Far fetched perhaps, but the world is an uncertain place).
Jesus Christ I hope not.

You think anyone would come to our aid if say Russia, UK or America invaded us - nato or no nato? Get real.
why would anyone invade Ireland ?
It's not the 12th century don't worry about such things

armaghniac

Jesus Christ I hope not.

I am pretty sure that if we were in NATO and Russia invaded that the other NATO countries would indeed come to our aid.
If you do not believe that then you are not in reality.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

clonadmad

Jesus Christ I hope not.

You clearly don't understand what NATO membership entails

Google NATO article 5 for starters

seafoid

Quote from: Gmac on February 24, 2022, 11:56:24 PM
Jesus Christ I hope not.

why would anyone invade Ireland ?
It's not the 12th century don't worry about such things
We are still.dealung with the fallout from the 12th century invasion . England can always go rogue in future.

imtommygunn

Another thing this highlights for me is the stink of the tories. They can't invest in the army because they are too busy giving money to their mates, they can't invest in the NHS because they are too busy giving money to their mates. They can't mess with Russia because they are too busy taking their money and even if they wanted to they invest in nothing. It highlights how disgustingly corrupt that the UK has become.

Farrandeelin

Russia and Ukraine at odds regarding radiation levels at Chernobyl. Russia says it hasn't changed, Ukraine saying it's gone up. For once in this conflict, I hope the Russians are correct, but I doubt it somehow. Reports of a hostage situation there too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

north_antrim_hound

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 25, 2022, 08:49:54 AM
Another thing this highlights for me is the stink of the tories. They can't invest in the army because they are too busy giving money to their mates, they can't invest in the NHS because they are too busy giving money to their mates. They can't mess with Russia because they are too busy taking their money and even if they wanted to they invest in nothing. It highlights how disgustingly corrupt that the UK has become.

Very true. The traditional Tory party was pro business, pro Army, and not pro Russia. This lot are the complete opposite, even though they use the same party name.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sportacus

Let's not forget Belarus involvement in all this.  Spineless cnuts. When it's all over, and hopefully Ukraine prevails, there'll be no love lost between those neighbours.

johnnycool

Quote from: Sportacus on February 25, 2022, 03:17:39 PM
Let's not forget Belarus involvement in all this.  Spineless cnuts. When it's all over, and hopefully Ukraine prevails, there'll be no love lost between those neighbours.

If the Russians have been fĂșcking around with elections in UK, the states and even funding Le Pen in France, it would hardly come to anyones surprise that they actively sought "friendly" governments on their doorstep...
The Belarus leaders are bought an paid for already.

What is Putins end goal?

Break up Ukraine and install a proxy government obeying his every whim and does he go after other small ex Soviet block countries as well?

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on February 25, 2022, 03:25:52 PM

If the Russians have been fĂșcking around with elections in UK, the states and even funding Le Pen in France, it would hardly come to anyones surprise that they actively sought "friendly" governments on their doorstep...

What is Putins end goal?

Break up Ukraine and install a proxy government obeying his every whim and does he go after other small ex Soviet block countries as well?
Putin seems to want to return to.the glory days of the Soviet Union..

Crete Boom

Quote from: seafoid on February 25, 2022, 03:33:04 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 25, 2022, 03:25:52 PM

What is Putins end goal?

Putin seems to want to return to.the glory days of the Soviet Union..

Pretty sure he blames Lennin for giving the various part of the Soviet Union like Ukraine too much autonomy making it weak, and wants to return to the era of Alexander III when there was one Theocratic Russian Empire!!!