NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Match goes ahead in Omagh. Bound to be a swimming pool

Itchy

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 20, 2022, 08:14:25 AM
Quote from: HokeyPokey on February 19, 2022, 10:58:22 PM
Think it's entirely too early to write off Dublin. I wouldn't fancy them, but I'd be slow to write them off. We're only half way through the league and Tyrone were in a far worse place at the end of the league last year than Dublin are now.

There aren't m(any) better backs than McCarthy in the country. There aren't m(any) better midfielders than Fenton in the country. There aren't m(any) better forwards than O'Callaghan in the country.

This. When it comes down to business end they'll still beat most teams. At the minute Kerry would have to be favourites but again hard to know in a real battle how they will hold up.

Dublin have the leinster campaign playing a lot of average teams to rebuild confidence and momentum. I would not be writing them off just yet

straightred

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 20, 2022, 08:31:08 AM
I think it was 9-4 Monaghan. Armagh goaled shortly after.
i watched the game live and didnt notice it and neither did the commentators. Things is though that they got their goal straight after it anyway. Would they have got 2 goals ? I don't think you can say that with any confidence

yellowcard

Think it's entirely too early to write off Dublin. I wouldn't fancy them, but I'd be slow to write them off. We're only half way through the league and Tyrone were in a far worse place at the end of the league last year than Dublin are now.

There aren't m(any) better backs than McCarthy in the country. There aren't m(any) better midfielders than Fenton in the country. There aren't m(any) better forwards than O'Callaghan in the country.

Fenton has been very poor so far this season, O'Callaghan has not played and McCarthy is in terminal decline. Dublin will have a few lean years ahead as they are not producing anywhere near the same calibre of player of a decade ago. Jim Gavin got out at exactly the right time.

lenny

Quote from: yellowcard on February 20, 2022, 11:07:55 AM

Fenton has been very poor so far this season, O'Callaghan has not played and McCarthy is in terminal decline. Dublin will have a few lean years ahead as they are not producing anywhere near the same calibre of player of a decade ago. Jim Gavin got out at exactly the right time.

They are a shambles at the moment and there's a good chance they won't win Leinster. Having said that the standards dropped immediately after Farrell took over from Gavin. If Gavin were to be put back in charge tomorrow I'd fancy them to turn it around and win the AI.

Itchy

Quote from: lenny on February 20, 2022, 11:12:59 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on February 20, 2022, 11:07:55 AM

They are a shambles at the moment and there's a good chance they won't win Leinster. Having said that the standards dropped immediately after Farrell took over from Gavin. If Gavin were to be put back in charge tomorrow I'd fancy them to turn it around and win the AI.

With respect, who will beat them in Leinster? Only Kildare have the mildest hope. Meath going the other direction and everyone other team is poor. While at the same time Dublin can only get better from where they currently are.

imtommygunn

Quote from: straightred on February 20, 2022, 10:25:31 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 20, 2022, 08:31:08 AM
I think it was 9-4 Monaghan. Armagh goaled shortly after.
i watched the game live and didnt notice it and neither did the commentators. Things is though that they got their goal straight after it anyway. Would they have got 2 goals ? I don't think you can say that with any confidence

Yeah I thought for a split second but there were no replays and no commentators saying anything about it so assumed there was nothing in it.

They might not have got the second goal if they'd go that but you never know. It's not like the clan lynch sending off where it's ludicrous and wrecks the game.

What did McManus do? I watched good bits of the game but missed that bit.

Dublin will win Leinster and without that much bother I suspect. Come championship you'd still only put a few above them.  They haven't as much squad depth any more but that's stil far from the best 15. In saying that I think like Donegal they could do with a better manager and would do much better things with one.

An Watcher

Think mcmanus is meant to have hit the boy a dig in the stomach.  He may have pushed him into the net though but not sure.  Thought Rian oneill was very lucky to escape a black card in the second half last night.  Armagh may be going rightly but if they don't sort their kick outs they're going nowhere

imtommygunn

I still am not convinced on Armagh . I thought while they beat Tyrone that when Tyrone pushed up on them and squeezed them a lot more they struggled a bit. They definitely have great football in them but I am not sure if this is enough in championship. (I hope i am wrong as I would love to see them come through again).

omagh_gael

Don't think it was mentioned yet but DOC was very impressive last night for Mayo. His work for the first goal was unreal. The strength to hold the Dublin man off, the pick up and vision to see the hand pass over the top was first class.

twohands!!!

Current Division 1 relegation odds

Kildare 2/7
Dublin 10/11
Monaghan 10/11
Tyrone 11/4

Sam
Kerry 11/8
Dublin 5/2
Mayo 13/2
Tyrone 9/1

Mayo at 13/2 probably the best value there.

Captain Scarlet

Mates on the WhatsApp worrying about the Dubs coming to Newbridge and bringing the big guns, but they have what they have now. Con and James Mc will make a huge difference but they seem very disjointed and not on the same page at all.

When you look at who Mayo had in reserve still they seem much better set. I don't see Dessie there next year anyway.

We will all shoulder through today first. What an awful day to be trying to play football.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

From the Bunker

Donegal must be the hardest team in Division One to watch!

tyrone08

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 20, 2022, 02:16:06 PM
Donegal must be the hardest team in Division One to watch!

They are brutal at the minute. Pointless back and forth handpassing. Patton must think he's morgn or beggan