Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Ambrose on July 31, 2019, 05:49:58 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 31, 2019, 05:28:58 PM
Quote from: Ambrose on July 31, 2019, 05:24:01 PM
Is it possible to have IPTV without having an external box? i.e. is it available as an app on a new smart TV?

Yes

I bought a new Samsung TV at the weekend, salesman told me it came with the Smart IPTV app but it seems that Samsung have recently deleted it from their app store. I assume it could still be side loaded to the TV?

If someone could pm me details of a good IPTV provider it would be much appreciated. Contract with Sky is up during August and if this is a viable alternative I'd like to get rid of Sky once and for all. I've also lost BT Sports from my Eir package so it's going to be expensive to watch the soccer next season.

I think its more a case of Smart IPTV havent kept up with the tech in the new Samsung TV. However that will likely be sorted in time. Smart STB is a better app but more expensive (€25 for life time ownership). It give you a "Mag" box type layout. I'd go with that as default anyway, smart IPTV is a bit crap

snoopdog

Hi. My smart box isn't allowing me to download kodi 18 which I need for sportsdonkey as I have 3 months sub s left with them. Anyone any ideas. I know there is a question around whether streaming will continue and on what is best to receive it through. So any advice or details on a fully loaded smart box with kodi already installed. Greatly appreciated. You can pm me the details of you want. Thanks

general

Quote from: snoopdog on August 06, 2019, 07:02:47 PM
Hi. My smart box isn't allowing me to download kodi 18 which I need for sportsdonkey as I have 3 months sub s left with them. Anyone any ideas. I know there is a question around whether streaming will continue and on what is best to receive it through. So any advice or details on a fully loaded smart box with kodi already installed. Greatly appreciated. You can pm me the details of you want. Thanks

Sent you a PM Snoop

BenDover

General, I've read through the last 10 pages and you seem to be in the know. What's the deal with setting up IPTV I've downloaded the Smart IPTV app onto my Samsung TV, is there a better IPTV app I should use? Any info you can share to enlighten me would be appreciated.

lurganblue

Ive used the smartiptv app for my LG TV for the past 2 years.  Yes the layout and operating system is completely keek but it works most of the time so i wont rock the boat.

Tyrone787

I've been using SmartIPTV on LG for a number of years now. My provider recently got a VPN for users but I can't seem to get it working, I feel its something to do with BT.

Anyone any advice?

lurganblue

I could be wrong on this but i think i read that you cant use a VPN with smartiptv and the TV because you cant load it onto the device, like you would with a firestick.  You would need to apply the VPN to the router somehow.  Hope i'm not talking crap here

Tyrone787

Quote from: lurganblue on August 08, 2019, 11:20:49 AM
I could be wrong on this but i think i read that you cant use a VPN with smartiptv and the TV because you cant load it onto the device, like you would with a firestick.  You would need to apply the VPN to the router somehow.  Hope i'm not talking crap here

Think this sounds about right. I might have to start using the firestick again for it.

general

Bendover ill pm u now

the app i am putting people in contact with has built in VPN - there is a section at the top to sign in.

App via Firestick only at the Minute however.

Smart Tv's are a tough one to crack. would recommend the firestick to anyone

Jim Bob

Quote from: BenDover on August 08, 2019, 08:33:07 AM
General, I've read through the last 10 pages and you seem to be in the know. What's the deal with setting up IPTV I've downloaded the Smart IPTV app onto my Samsung TV, is there a better IPTV app I should use? Any info you can share to enlighten me would be appreciated.

So the smartiptv app in still in the Samsung tv store? I read above that it wasn't in it anymore.

general

So the smartiptv app in still in the Samsung tv store? I read above that it wasn't in it anymore.
[/quote]

No idea - not posh enough to have a smart tv  ::)

BenDover

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 08, 2019, 01:01:13 PM

Searched for it yesterday and it was there

Jim Bob

Quote from: BenDover on August 08, 2019, 03:19:15 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 08, 2019, 01:01:13 PM

Searched for it yesterday and it was there

You sure? I searched my 2 Samsung smarts TVs but there were only videos of smartiptv, not the actual app itself. In fact one of the videos is about the app being removed from the Samsung store back in June!

general

Everyone enjoy the footie yesterday chaps? Sat back and watched in Ultra HD  ;D Not sure if the internet providers had any blocks in force yesterday - i ensured the VPN was switched on so no disturbance through the day

themac_23

Quote from: general on August 12, 2019, 11:11:59 AM
Everyone enjoy the footie yesterday chaps? Sat back and watched in Ultra HD  ;D Not sure if the internet providers had any blocks in force yesterday - i ensured the VPN was switched on so no disturbance through the day

General, id been using an app on firestick, bought it pre loaded, doesn't work any more, think it was Morph TV or something. if you could PM me any apps and providers i could download that'd be great,