Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: general on July 26, 2019, 10:06:52 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on July 24, 2019, 12:56:15 PM
I have a Freesat box but would like RTE, if I got a soarview box would it work with that Freesat dish

SB get an amazon fire stick for £40ish - let me know when you do - ill put you in contact with a guy who will offer you the full sky package via iptv along with a VPN to ensure you never encounter any issues. works out about 80 a year. flawless service

General

Drop me some details 👍

SF

Itchy

Quote from: general on July 26, 2019, 10:08:37 AM
Quote from: Main Street on July 25, 2019, 11:47:39 AM
Quote from: Taylor on July 25, 2019, 08:04:44 AM
If I bought a MAG 254 Linux IPTV/OTT box what are the next steps to being able to stream all of the channels?
The MAG 254 is over 5 years old, don't expect too much or pay anything for it.

Totally agree

i would go towards the amazon fire stick - iptv providers are coming away from the mag boxes now as they arent reliable

Nothing to do with reliability it's to do with an injunction taken against infomir, maker of mags. They are being forced share the portals that are being used on their boxes with authorities . A lot of providers saying not to update firmware on mags. Always a big mag fan but now android box, is the way to go.

Btw. The providers are getting past the efforts of sky to block them by paying for 1000s of ip addresses and switching them during games. Customers will likely all need a vpn in time. This is another reason to go android, open software platform gives evaders of sky more flexibility.

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on July 28, 2019, 09:19:57 PM
If I bought a MAG 254 Linux IPTV/OTT box what are the next steps to being able to stream all of the channels?

Totally agree

i would go towards the amazon fire stick - iptv providers are coming away from the mag boxes now as they arent reliable

Nothing to do with reliability it's to do with an injunction taken against infomir, maker of mags. They are being forced share the portals that are being used on their boxes with authorities . A lot of providers saying not to update firmware on mags. Always a big mag fan but now android box, is the way to go.

Btw. The providers are getting past the efforts of sky to block them by paying for 1000s of ip addresses and switching them during games. Customers will likely all need a vpn in time. This is another reason to go android, open software platform gives evaders of sky more flexibility.
My MAG 349 is solid, has no portal issues and I have updated the firmware, so  that could  just be a UK/Ireland issue, seeing as e.g. Cosmic iptv don't provide subs to UK residents.

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on July 29, 2019, 12:19:27 AM

Totally agree

My MAG 349 is solid, has no portal issues and I have updated the firmware, so  that could  just be a UK/Ireland issue, seeing as e.g. Cosmic iptv don't provide subs to UK residents.

My mag 351 has no issues yet either and its a great box but trouble is coming and while I would have been a big mag fan before, if i had €150 today to buy a box I would go Android now. Thats all I am saying. Most suppliers on the cutting edge (not your bog standard know nothing re-sellers) are advising to go android.

marty34

Can I link a laptop to a tv - want to watch a few game bu want to transfer it to tv as it's a bigger screen.

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on July 29, 2019, 09:25:00 AM
Quote from: Main Street on July 29, 2019, 12:19:27 AM

Totally agree

My mag 351 has no issues yet either and its a great box but trouble is coming and while I would have been a big mag fan before, if i had €150 today to buy a box I would go Android now. Thats all I am saying. Most suppliers on the cutting edge (not your bog standard know nothing re-sellers) are advising to go android.
So you're saying that even if you only want a box for streaming an iptv service then choose a recent android box? like fire tv?

I had used a Droidbox t8 s plus v2 and it was a pain to run the emulater app that my iptv provider uses and I was generally not impressed or interested in anything else the box offered. It's night and day compared to the MAG box performance with the same iptv provider

Main Street

Quote from: marty34 on July 29, 2019, 03:24:28 PM
Can I link a laptop to a tv - want to watch a few game bu want to transfer it to tv as it's a bigger screen.
Of course you can, your laptop has hdmi out? then connect it directly to the tv with a hdmi cable.
If you are running Windows OS  (Win 10) than you might have to select some available option in display settings.

Bear in mind that resolution/quality depends on the laptops graphics.

marty34

Quote from: Main Street on July 29, 2019, 03:32:27 PM
Of course you can, your laptop has hdmi out? then connect it directly to the tv with a hdmi cable.
If you are running Windows OS  (Win 10) than you might have to select some available option in display settings.

Not being smart MS, but where do I get a hdmi cable?

heffo

Quote from: marty34 on July 29, 2019, 04:27:19 PM

Amazon or Powercity

gallsman

Not being smart, but if you don't know the answer to this, there is a very strong chance your laptop doesn't support HDMI, so check it first.

Itchy

Quote from: heffo on July 29, 2019, 09:28:12 PM

Amazon or Powercity

Any tv shop will sell them but so m8ne laptops, like IBM, have come up with different size ports so if you are unsure bring your laptop with you

marty34

Quote from: Itchy on July 29, 2019, 11:44:53 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 29, 2019, 09:28:12 PM

Amazon or Powercity

Any tv shop will sell them but so m8ne laptops, like IBM, have come up with different size ports so if you are unsure bring your laptop with you

Thanks Itchy.

paddyjohn

Having bother with my IPTV. Coming up to check URL.. I've done all that and still not going.

Boycey

Quote from: paddyjohn on July 30, 2019, 09:14:18 PM
Having bother with my IPTV. Coming up to check URL.. I've done all that and still not going.

Have u checked with your provider that they haven't changed it? A common enough occorance.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Boycey on July 30, 2019, 09:30:08 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on July 30, 2019, 09:14:18 PM

Have u checked with your provider that they haven't changed it? A common enough occorance.

Emailed them there. Won't expect a reply though!