The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 23, 2018, 02:15:56 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 23, 2018, 02:12:57 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 23, 2018, 02:09:59 PM
Going on Frank Greaney's tweets it looks like the Jackson's and Olding's stories differ. And they're contradicted by other evidence from various sources. If it does come down to who the jury believe is telling the truth......

It does. As it was always likely to.

I thought that was very telling. The only one who seems to be fairly consistent with their stories is the IP. Today's evidence is not good for Olding and Jackson as they come across as arrogant drunks who have contradictory stories. This will not sit well with the jury.

Unless the 7 lads in the jury like a drink and understand getting pissed can have its moments! And that's that, we dont know how these people are going to go with whats been said

I still believe that there is no real hard evidence to say they raped a girl and stand over it based on the snippets we have heard..

For me this has started out ok and went downhill and rape regret stupidity arrogance and alcohol have all played their part in a crazy night.. something went on but we'll never know, and to be fair they dont seem to know
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on February 23, 2018, 02:20:04 PM
From Frank Greaney in court:

Before going back to Paddy Jackson's house for an afters party, Stuart Olding tells police he drank:

8 tins of Carlsberg
4 pints of Guinness
2 Gin & Tonics
5 vodka lemonades
3 shots of Tequila and Sambuca

I'm not a drinker but I would have thought that this is a fair amount of alcohol to absorb and still be with your senses and on your feet.  Certainly giving a good impression of the off-season professional Ulster rugby player.

By any standards Owen, that's a fairly significant amount of drink.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AQMP on February 23, 2018, 02:23:49 PM

Before going back to Paddy Jackson's house for an afters party, Stuart Olding tells police he drank:

8 tins of Carlsberg
4 pints of Guinness
2 Gin & Tonics
5 vodka lemonades

I'm not a drinker but I would have thought that this is a fair amount of alcohol to absorb and still be with your senses and on your feet.  Certainly giving a good impression of the off-season professional Ulster rugby player.

Thats fairly typical of rugby players.. they have a tradtion of downing a lot of drinks, drinking games and such... I would have a great friend who is an ex rugby player of a fairly high standard and the stories he tells of the tours and the amount of drinks is crazy, not a good man to get into a round with as you are fairly wasted afterwards
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Syferus on February 23, 2018, 01:16:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2018, 01:13:28 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 23, 2018, 01:00:12 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 23, 2018, 12:56:36 PM
Paddy Jackson's statement sounds less than convincing.

And Olding freely admitted to having downed the worth of 16 or 17 pints of alcohol before getting to the after-party at Jackson's House..

How he managed to produce that amount of semen after that amount of drinks is commendable

Disgusting.

A big load can be, yes....

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2018, 02:27:16 PM

8 tins of Carlsberg
4 pints of Guinness
2 Gin & Tonics
5 vodka lemonades

Thats fairly typical of rugby players.. they have a tradtion of downing a lot of drinks, drinking games and such... I would have a great friend who is an ex rugby player of a fairly high standard and the stories he tells of the tours and the amount of drinks is crazy, not a good man to get into a round with as you are fairly wasted afterwards
the English cricket team used to hve a drinking endurance competition on the flight to Australia. With a bit of practice Olding could be shortlisted
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2018, 02:23:42 PM
Going on Frank Greaney's tweets it looks like the Jackson's and Olding's stories differ. And they're contradicted by other evidence from various sources. If it does come down to who the jury believe is telling the truth......

I thought that was very telling. The only one who seems to be fairly consistent with their stories is the IP. Today's evidence is not good for Olding and Jackson as they come across as arrogant drunks who have contradictory stories. This will not sit well with the jury.

Unless the 7 lads in the jury like a drink and understand getting pissed can have its moments! And that's that, we dont know how these people are going to go with whats been said

I still believe that there is no real hard evidence to say they raped a girl and stand over it based on the snippets we have heard..

For me this has started out ok and went downhill and rape regret stupidity arrogance and alcohol have all played their part in a crazy night.. something went on but we'll never know, and to be fair they dont seem to know

Do you take some sort of perverse joy out of explaining away problems for likely rapists? You seem be the first line of defence force in this thread.

seafoid

Frank Greaney‏ @FrankGreaney · 2 h 

In relation to the time frame of the trial, Judge Patricia Smyth tells jury they are "not on track". She said she is hopeful it will be finished by week ending Friday March 16th.

WT4E

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2018, 03:00:04 PM
Frank Greaney‏ @FrankGreaney · 2 h 

In relation to the time frame of the trial, Judge Patricia Smyth tells jury they are "not on track". She said she is hopeful it will be finished by week ending Friday March 16th.

Then she packed up and went home at lunchtime!  :o

seafoid

Frank Greaney‏
@FrankGreaney 

Paddy Jackson told police he was drunk so he couldn't ejaculate. He said he went back downstairs and was in the living room again when he saw her leaving. He said there was "no intercourse" at all upstairs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ7pgElCPXE

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Syferus on February 23, 2018, 02:54:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2018, 02:23:42 PM

Do you take some sort of perverse joy out of explaining away problems for likely rapists? You seem be the first line of defence force in this thread.

As much as I hate to agree with you - his entire post history in this thread is somewhat disturbing

michaelg

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2018, 02:47:49 PM

8 tins of Carlsberg
4 pints of Guinness
2 Gin & Tonics
5 vodka lemonades

the English cricket team used to hve a drinking endurance competition on the flight to Australia. With a bit of practice Olding could be shortlisted
It was the Aussie team going the other way - David Boon was the record holder with 52 cans on the flight in 1989

StGallsGAA

8 tins of Carlsberg
4 pints of Guinness
2 Gin & Tonics
5 vodka lemonades

Fair play to him for being honest. Could easily have said he had much less.

seafoid

Quote from: michaelg on February 23, 2018, 05:40:00 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2018, 02:47:49 PM

8 tins of Carlsberg
4 pints of Guinness
2 Gin & Tonics
5 vodka lemonades

It was the Aussie team going the other way - David Boon was the record holder with 52 cans on the flight in 1989
The English team never beat the record .

seafoid

8 tins of Carlsberg
5 vodka lemonades
4 pints of Guinness
2 Gin & Tonics
1 possibly raped hen
And 4 lads with stories that don't stack up

Minder

What is different about Olding & Jackson's version of events ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"