Roscommon v Galway - Connacht SFC Final 2017 [Wind Tunnel, 9/7/17]

Started by Syferus, June 18, 2017, 05:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Historically Ros win 1 out of every 5 titles with the Rhubarbs and Heron Chokers taking 2 each. So it's time for Shannonside to go mental again. Do it for Donie.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 22, 2017, 08:08:20 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 21, 2017, 08:27:41 PM
Quote from: weareros on June 21, 2017, 08:17:51 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 21, 2017, 07:35:11 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 21, 2017, 03:56:39 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 21, 2017, 03:47:03 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 21, 2017, 01:38:12 PM
Quote from: Manning18 on June 21, 2017, 11:49:40 AM
You'd have to expect a severe backlash from the Rossies, last years replay was their biggest embarrassment since the Gay Referendum.

On a different note, complete joke that the provincial losers get to join the qualifiers at R4. They should join at R3 and have the R3 winners facing off in R4

System is stacked enough as it is against provincial final losers. That would be a mental change tbh.

It's a total disgrace that Roscommon could beat Leitrim and get beat by Galway and still are one match away from a QF. Monaghan have to beat Fermanagh, Cavan, Down, lose against Tyrone then win a R4 game to reach the same spot. The Rossies have 'er handy.

Ulster is shite lad. Ye beat the Donegal U21 team and suddenly eejits think ye'll not only give Dublin a game but beat them.

I believe Roscommon have been tossed out by Ulster sides in 4 of the past 5 Championships.

True. But in the last 4 or 5 years, outside province, Roscommon have only been able to knock out Ulster sides - Cavan a few times, and Armagh.

I believe it's also 16 or 17 years since Roscommon beat either Mayo or Galway in Championship football.

Beat both in 2001, previous to that in 90 and 91. High time we altered that. I believe the current group of players, right now a very young team,  have enough talent to change that.

What is interesting about the batch of Roscommon underage teams that had moderate to decent success over the past 7/8 years is how many of them have turned out to be crocks?

Were they just thrown into senior too early and flogged? They've been hyped up quite a bit over the last few years and I think there has been a very soft core in them, I think they believe a lot of the hype and when things tend to go bad for them, they fold rather than dig in and turn it around. The Clare game being a prime example.
give us a few examples?

its the third level colleges who seem to be doing all the flogging. And not a word about it in the GAA when burnout is mentioned

Wasting your time with that individual. Without the aid of google he would struggle to name 2 or 3 Roscommon players that has come through U-21 level recently and has gone on hold down a senior spot on the team. You are correct about third level colleges BTW especially the finals weekends when young players are forced to play twice in two days even Jim Gavin spoke out about it this year.

http://www.the42.ie/gavin-mcaffrey-sigerson-dublin-3271418-Mar2017/

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 22, 2017, 09:53:59 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 22, 2017, 08:08:20 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 21, 2017, 08:27:41 PM
Quote from: weareros on June 21, 2017, 08:17:51 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 21, 2017, 07:35:11 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 21, 2017, 03:56:39 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 21, 2017, 03:47:03 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 21, 2017, 01:38:12 PM
Quote from: Manning18 on June 21, 2017, 11:49:40 AM
You'd have to expect a severe backlash from the Rossies, last years replay was their biggest embarrassment since the Gay Referendum.

On a different note, complete joke that the provincial losers get to join the qualifiers at R4. They should join at R3 and have the R3 winners facing off in R4

System is stacked enough as it is against provincial final losers. That would be a mental change tbh.

It's a total disgrace that Roscommon could beat Leitrim and get beat by Galway and still are one match away from a QF. Monaghan have to beat Fermanagh, Cavan, Down, lose against Tyrone then win a R4 game to reach the same spot. The Rossies have 'er handy.

Ulster is shite lad. Ye beat the Donegal U21 team and suddenly eejits think ye'll not only give Dublin a game but beat them.

I believe Roscommon have been tossed out by Ulster sides in 4 of the past 5 Championships.

True. But in the last 4 or 5 years, outside province, Roscommon have only been able to knock out Ulster sides - Cavan a few times, and Armagh.

I believe it's also 16 or 17 years since Roscommon beat either Mayo or Galway in Championship football.

Beat both in 2001, previous to that in 90 and 91. High time we altered that. I believe the current group of players, right now a very young team,  have enough talent to change that.

What is interesting about the batch of Roscommon underage teams that had moderate to decent success over the past 7/8 years is how many of them have turned out to be crocks?

Were they just thrown into senior too early and flogged? They've been hyped up quite a bit over the last few years and I think there has been a very soft core in them, I think they believe a lot of the hype and when things tend to go bad for them, they fold rather than dig in and turn it around. The Clare game being a prime example.
give us a few examples?

its the third level colleges who seem to be doing all the flogging. And not a word about it in the GAA when burnout is mentioned

Wasting your time with that individual. Without the aid of google he would struggle to name 2 or 3 Roscommon players that has come through U-21 level recently and has gone on hold down a senior spot on the team. You are correct about third level colleges BTW especially the finals weekends when young players are forced to play twice in two days even Jim Gavin spoke out about it this year.

http://www.the42.ie/gavin-mcaffrey-sigerson-dublin-3271418-Mar2017/
Quote from: oliverkelly on June 14, 2017, 04:11:57 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 14, 2017, 03:42:14 PM
Sorry to hear that Oliver.
I suppose retiree might be more accurate but he's still absent anyway.
Of course there's Harney, Cathal Compton, Corcoran and Cafferkey too.

Doubt any of them will be back for Final if we do get over Leitrim

Corcoran is in the US. He left panel after breaking his collar bone which would have ruled him out of any county action for the year anyway.
Compton

Harney fracture on his back does not seem to be healing with current rehab and is due for another scan soon. He might not kick a ball for the rest of the year but hopefully the scan will shed more light.

Compton needs a break from football although he technically could be fit if we reach final he has had a number of hamstring tares in last few months and really need to mind himself for the future hes only 21/22

The above is a post from one of your own outlining some of your crocks.

You Roscommon guys are even worse than Mayo fans when it comes to myopic pining about any sort of criticism or blowback on their players.

Their championship record in recent years is pitiful, that's a fact.

They have been hyped up in recent years to make a breakthrough, they have done nothing of the sort. They have had decent underage performances in the past 10 years but none of that group have done anything at senior level.

In past three seasons they have been handed golden paths to an All Ireland qf.

In 2015, all they had to do was beat Sligo and win one more game for a last 8 slot - they lost to Sligo and then got tossed out by Fermanagh.

In 2016, it was New York, Sligo and Clare in their way, they scraped past New York, got trounced by Galway in the Connacht final and downed their tools in an exit against 14 man Clare.

This year, it is Leitrim and win one more game.

What's the reason for this?

The players just aren't that good?
The players believe their hype too much and mentally are a soft touch?
Or they've been decimated by injuries after flogging these young lads?

Very similar to the Mayo fans on here, Roscommon fans seem to lack introspection. My own view would be that as long as their players are protected species, treated as demigods and immune from any sort of blowback when they underachieve or underperform then they won't be doing anything at Championship level.

With the money being pumped into Roscommon football and the hype surrounding I feel the fans should be asking some serious questions about their players but I don't see it.

That's an independent view, free of bias.

manfromdelmonte

you still didn't name any of the U21 players who didn't come through to senior because they are 'crocked'

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 23, 2017, 08:08:23 AM
you still didn't name any of the U21 players who didn't come through to senior because they are 'crocked'

I never mentioned anything about u21 teams.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 23, 2017, 09:00:17 AM

All above players mentioned by me in previous post have done more at senior level than any Tyrone player of the same age. You fail to mention Diarmuid Murtagh or Enda Smith both of same age who could walk onto any team in the country.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: oliverkelly on June 23, 2017, 09:04:08 AM

All above players mentioned by me in previous post have done more at senior level than any Tyrone player of the same age. You fail to mention Diarmuid Murtagh or Enda Smith both of same age who could walk onto any team in the country.

Ah yes, here we go.

A prime example of the sort of misguided hype of Roscommon. None of those players have done anything of note at senior level.

Hampsey just picked up a MOTM award against Donegal last Sunday. Mark Bradley destroyed Paul Murphy in an All Ireland semi in 2015. McGeary and Rory Brennan also contributed to last year's Ulster Final win over Donegal with Brennan putting the shackles on Ryan McHugh.

I would say that's a lot more than any Roscommon player has done in senior Championship.

seafoid

Jesus Bomber you wouldn't think Tyrone have only one more Sam than Ros.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Crete Boom

Quote from: seafoid on June 23, 2017, 10:40:12 AM

And the Rossies did back to back titles the sign of a true GAA county!! ;D

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on June 23, 2017, 10:40:12 AM

I'm not a dinosaur. Unless you're a pensioner then you wouldn't remember Roscommon winning an AI.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 23, 2017, 06:28:18 AM
;D

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 23, 2017, 10:32:00 AM

Ah yes, here we go.

A prime example of the sort of misguided hype of Roscommon. None of those players have done anything of note at senior level.

Hampsey just picked up a MOTM award against Donegal last Sunday. Mark Bradley destroyed Paul Murphy in an All Ireland semi in 2015. McGeary and Rory Brennan also contributed to last year's Ulster Final win over Donegal with Brennan putting the shackles on Ryan McHugh.

I would say that's a lot more than any Roscommon player has done in senior Championship.

You know the name of Tyrone players good lad, now stick with what you know and less of what you don't.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 23, 2017, 11:20:42 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 23, 2017, 06:28:18 AM
;D

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 23, 2017, 10:32:00 AM

Ah yes, here we go.

You know the name of Tyrone players good lad, now stick with what you know and less of what you don't.

I'm only dealing in facts here and I'm free of bias. If people are intolerant of facts then that's not my problem.

Maybe Roscommon fans need to realise it is not the 1950s and park up their Ford Anglias.

Rossfan

Time to stop feeding the troll lads.
He might then take the time to get his prescription renewed.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PadraicHenryPearse

Agree rossfan and it's nice to see you can put up a post that doesn't include "3 year plan" in it.

Rossfan

I was afraid the troll wouldn't be able to sleep for 3 years ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM