Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Asal Mor on April 19, 2018, 07:02:02 AM
I'll check out the book seafoid. I'd love to see the movie too but from looking it up there it won't be an easy one to get hold of.

"What I could do.

I could mend nets. Thatch a roof. Build stairs. Make a basket from reeds. Splint the leg of a cow. Cut turf. Build a wall. Go three rounds with Joe in the ring Da put up in the barn. I could dance sets. Read the sky. Make a barrel for mackerel. Mend roads. Make a boat. Stuff a saddle. Put a wheel on a cart. Strike a deal. Make a field. Work the swarth turner, the float and the thresher. I could read the sea. Shoot straight. Make a shoe. Shear sheep. Remember poems. Set potatoes. Plough and harrow. Read the wind. Tend bees. Bind wyndes. Make a coffin. Take a drink. I could frighten you with stories. I knew the song to sing to a cow when milking. I could play twenty-seven tunes on my accordion."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 18, 2018, 11:04:14 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 18, 2018, 10:27:16 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 17, 2018, 10:23:01 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on April 17, 2018, 10:13:28 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 17, 2018, 07:14:16 PM
Quote from: AQMP on April 17, 2018, 04:00:24 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 17, 2018, 03:13:57 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 17, 2018, 02:53:36 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 17, 2018, 01:46:48 PM
Longford, Cavan and Monaghan seems to be the cowboy music heartland.

You forgot Tyrone.
Fermanagh is hardly much different..

Laythrum is great cowboys and heroes country too.

I like country music. It's all I ever heard on the radio growing up.
Mid and North-West Radio have a lot to answer for!

Not a massive fan of country music but he was well liked in these parts so it's sad to hear of his passing. RIP.
It's all Paul Claffey's fault.
Paul must play a Joe Dolan song every single day still.

So does Sean Coyle on Radio Ulster.
no harm
Joe Dolan was a superstar
Check out the comments on this video on YouTube and all the languages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkLC2mj5wvE

EG
Sandra van Opbergen3 years ago

I get happy always from him..........

chanteau evelyne1 year ago

j'adore  Joe Dolan   merci

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: seafoid on April 19, 2018, 07:21:34 AM
I'll check out the book seafoid. I'd love to see the movie too but from looking it up there it won't be an easy one to get hold of.

"What I could do.

I could mend nets. Thatch a roof. Build stairs. Make a basket from reeds. Splint the leg of a cow. Cut turf. Build a wall. Go three rounds with Joe in the ring Da put up in the barn. I could dance sets. Read the sky. Make a barrel for mackerel. Mend roads. Make a boat. Stuff a saddle. Put a wheel on a cart. Strike a deal. Make a field. Work the swarth turner, the float and the thresher. I could read the sea. Shoot straight. Make a shoe. Shear sheep. Remember poems. Set potatoes. Plough and harrow. Read the wind. Tend bees. Bind wyndes. Make a coffin. Take a drink. I could frighten you with stories. I knew the song to sing to a cow when milking. I could play twenty-seven tunes on my accordion."

That's very moving. I can see wearied eyes looking out from under the cardboard box as he says that. In his minds eye he can see the Atlantic battering the rocks around the Connemara coast. A swooping seagull and a distant boat. And then It drifts back to the rain and dank ness and darkness and loneliness of the street. Given the increasing numbers that are homeless you wonder how many have these moments of reflection.

seafoid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 19, 2018, 09:32:05 AM

"What I could do.

That's very moving. I can see wearied eyes looking out from under the cardboard box as he says that. In his minds eye he can see the Atlantic battering the rocks around the Connemara coast. A swooping seagull and a distant boat. And then It drifts back to the rain and dank ness and darkness and loneliness of the street. Given the increasing numbers that are homeless you wonder how many have these moments of reflection.

A lot I'd say even if they can't always express it in words

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/timothy-o-grady-on-creating-i-could-read-the-sky-a-book-for-bealtaine-1.2216668

What I couldn't do.

Eat a meal lacking potatoes. Trust banks. Wear a watch. Ask a woman to go for a walk. Work with drains or with objects smaller than a nail. Drive a motor car. Eat tomatoes. Remember the routes of buses. Wear a collar in comfort. Win at cards. Acknowledge the Queen. Abide loud voices. Perform the manners of greeting and leaving. Save money. Take pleasure in work carried out in a factory. Drink coffee. Look into a wound. Follow cricket. Understand the speech of a man from West Kerry. Wear boots or shoes made from rubber. Best PJ in an argument. Speak with men wearing collars. Stay afloat in water. Understand their jokes. Face the dentist. Kill a Sunday. Stop remembering.

gallsman

Erin Popovich, wife of legendary San Antonio Spurs coach Greg Popovich.

Asal Mor

Quote from: seafoid on April 19, 2018, 09:40:56 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 19, 2018, 09:32:05 AM

"What I could do.

A lot I'd say even if they can't always express it in words

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/timothy-o-grady-on-creating-i-could-read-the-sky-a-book-for-bealtaine-1.2216668

What I couldn't do.

Eat a meal lacking potatoes. Trust banks. Wear a watch. Ask a woman to go for a walk. Work with drains or with objects smaller than a nail. Drive a motor car. Eat tomatoes. Remember the routes of buses. Wear a collar in comfort. Win at cards. Acknowledge the Queen. Abide loud voices. Perform the manners of greeting and leaving. Save money. Take pleasure in work carried out in a factory. Drink coffee. Look into a wound. Follow cricket. Understand the speech of a man from West Kerry. Wear boots or shoes made from rubber. Best PJ in an argument. Speak with men wearing collars. Stay afloat in water. Understand their jokes. Face the dentist. Kill a Sunday. Stop remembering.
Really moving and powerful imagery.

Gabriel_Hurl

DJ and Producer - Avicii, 28

QuoteArtist, DJ and producer Tim Bergling, a.k.a. Avicii, died this afternoon in Oman, according to a statement from his rep. He was 28.

"It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii," the statement reads. "He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th.  The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given."

He had retired from live performing in 2016, citing health reasons. He had suffered from health problems for several years, including acute pancreatitis, in part due to excessive drinking. He had his gallbladder and appendix removed in 2014.

He posted the following statement on his website last year:

"WE ALL REACH A POINT IN OUR LIVES AND CAREERS WHERE WE UNDERSTAND WHAT MATTERS THE MOST TO US.

For me it's creating music. That is what I live for, what I feel I was born to do.

Last year I quit performing live, and many of you thought that was it. But the end of live never meant the end of Avicii or my music. Instead, I went back to the place where it all made sense – the studio.

The next stage will be all about my love of making music to you guys. It is the beginning of something new.

Hope you´ll enjoy it as much as I do."

seafoid

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 20, 2018, 06:41:01 PM
DJ and Producer - Avicii, 28

QuoteArtist, DJ and producer Tim Bergling, a.k.a. Avicii, died this afternoon in Oman, according to a statement from his rep. He was 28.

"It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii," the statement reads. "He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th.  The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given."

He had retired from live performing in 2016, citing health reasons. He had suffered from health problems for several years, including acute pancreatitis, in part due to excessive drinking. He had his gallbladder and appendix removed in 2014.

He posted the following statement on his website last year:

"WE ALL REACH A POINT IN OUR LIVES AND CAREERS WHERE WE UNDERSTAND WHAT MATTERS THE MOST TO US.

For me it's creating music. That is what I live for, what I feel I was born to do.

Last year I quit performing live, and many of you thought that was it. But the end of live never meant the end of Avicii or my music. Instead, I went back to the place where it all made sense – the studio.

The next stage will be all about my love of making music to you guys. It is the beginning of something new.

Hope you´ll enjoy it as much as I do."
RIP
Really shocking news

Syferus

Avicii pretty much wrote the niteclub soundtrack for a generation. I never knew he was suffering so badly. Success can be a curse as much as a blessing.

gawa316

Dale Winton from supermarket sweep game...loved that show in the mornings whenoff school sick!

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on April 21, 2018, 01:48:17 AM
Avicii pretty much wrote the niteclub soundtrack for a generation. I never knew he was suffering so badly. Success can be a curse as much as a blessing.

It looks like he got sidelined by drinking.
Very sad

Calvin Harris said he was "a beautiful soul, passionate and extremely talented with so much more to do."

imtommygunn

For someone of 28 years old he suffered some bad health. According to articles excess drinking caused a good part of it. He must have done some amount of drinking. I have never heard of someone so young suffer so badly through alcohol. I have heard of older people but 28 is very young for that.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 21, 2018, 08:42:08 AM
For someone of 28 years old he suffered some bad health. According to articles excess drinking caused a good part of it. He must have done some amount of drinking. I have never heard of someone so young suffer so badly through alcohol. I have heard of older people but 28 is very young for that.
Maybe some drugs in the mix as well.
Some people can handle toxins and others can't. 

mrdeeds

Verne Troyer aka mini me.