The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on August 17, 2017, 09:39:58 AM
Seafoid. On the previous page you called James Damore the former senior engineer at google a nazi and then I would say unfairly mischaracterised the findings in the memo he wrote. Have you read his memo? Have you checked the research that it cites? He wrote the memo in response to a request for ideas following a particular meeting on the subject at hand.

Do you think a senior google engineer would just write an unsubstantiated career threatening rant for the fun of it?

In case you haven't read it here it is, in what I hope is an unedited version.

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/355823379/Google-s-Ideological-Echo-Chamber#

Of course both sides picked it up and ran with it to their own camp. So even if it turns out that the research he cited ends up flawed but has been peer reviewed and maybe disputed but not disproven why should he be attacked personally.

Argue the facts and the science, ease off on the ad hominem. But you should recognise what you are feeding into when you throw around that label recklessly. Remember you are reducing someone to the level of a genocidal monstrosity with that word. Perhaps that's why websites like dailystormer exist nowadays.

I don't have time to get into a long discussion about this here and I think I've said enough. I'll leave you with Sam Harris' latest podcast (that's right, there are people out there who think Sam Harris is a Nazi). It's quite instructive on the issues at hand and will bring far better insight to it than I ever could.

https://soundcloud.com/samharrisorg/92-the-limits-of-persuasion
Juice maybe he is not  a Nazi but he is definitely a provocateur. The company couldnt deal with it. The alt right lampoon and attack  women, minorities, Lgbt and whatever letters.
Yiannopolis followed up by publicising the names of people inside the company who were attacked on social media.  Who is paying for all of this and what is the goal?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 18, 2017, 05:53:29 PM
OMG Bannon's out!

This may not be such a great thing...

"From Afghanistan and North Korea to Syria and Venezuela, Mr. Bannon, the president's chief strategist, has argued against making military threats or deploying American troops into foreign conflicts."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/us/politics/steve-bannon-nationalism-trump.html?action=click&contentCollection=politics&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0

J70

I guess Trump was, with hindsight, not too happy with the "double-down on the "good people" among the white supremacist marchers" advice!  :D

Oraisteach

Wish there were a buy-one-get-two-free option.  Let's get rid of two other fascists, Miller and Gorka, as a precursor to the glorious ultimate exodus. 

screenexile

It's all going in the right direction!!

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on August 18, 2017, 07:42:28 PM
Wish there were a buy-one-get-two-free option.  Let's get rid of two other fascists, Miller and Gorka, as a precursor to the glorious ultimate exodus.

Lets get rid of all tge liberal arseholes ripping up and tearing down statues that funnily enough have stood for a century orvmore and were no problem when BO was president  it would be nice to be able to deal with isis, that lunatic in north korea and as always the economy, time for the cops to arrest these ignorant scumbags that tear down monuments and cause disturbances on the streets.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

apparently Miller is Jewish. WTF

stew

Quote from: seafoid on August 19, 2017, 09:17:32 PM

Why yes he is  :) But hey, you liberals keep throwing out slurs on the names of people who dont deserve it, great politiking altogether.

The democrats are like the taliban in that they love destroying themselves a nations historical monuments, and freedom of speech is all good as long as it is our kind of speech,

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on August 19, 2017, 09:17:32 PM
The alt-reality crowd are very big on the concept of branding any white person who doesn't conform to their batshit crazy worldview as a "self-hating white person".

They also like to trot out the "self-hating Jew" line about liberal Jews in Israel who oppose the illegal colonial expansion into Palestinian territory.

Yet here is a genuine example of a self-hating Jew. One can come to no other conclusion about a man who not only stands idly by while Trump incites the alt-reality anti-semites and Nazis, but is at the very heart of the strategy of turning such anti-semites and Nazis into "the base" of Trump's support.

Don't expect to see him called out as such by alt-reality Trumpists.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on August 19, 2017, 09:02:18 PM

Lets get rid of all tge liberal arseholes ripping up and tearing down statues that funnily enough have stood for a century orvmore and were no problem when BO was president  it would be nice to be able to deal with isis, that lunatic in north korea and as always the economy, time for the cops to arrest these ignorant scumbags that tear down monuments and cause disturbances on the streets.
Why don't you set up a go fund me page to replace Nelsons pillar in Dublin, Stew.? It stood for over a hundred years before it was blown up by Taliban liberals.

Big political changes happen when economic systems collapse. Ireland went into a state of chaos after an economic crash in the 1890s. The same processes are at work now.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on August 20, 2017, 10:59:24 AM

Why don't you set up a go fund me page to replace Nelsons pillar in Dublin, Stew.? It stood for over a hundred years before it was blown up by Taliban liberals.

Big political changes happen when economic systems collapse. Ireland went into a state of chaos after an economic crash in the 1890s. The same processes are at work now.

Are you really ok with people ripping down statues that have stood for decades without, I might add, lawfully doing so?

I am at a loss as to which economic collapse you are referring to? maybe you can enlighten me?

For the record the next gaggle of scumbags that tear down monuments should be arrested, charged and when proven guilty do time, the snowflakes are all about acting tough in groups but when faced with fines, jail time and possible loss of job they will back the f**k off, they have as much intestinal fortitude as the loyalist hunger strikers back in the day, i.e. None.

stew

A black leader calls for Trump to be assassinated and crickets from all but one of her liberal peers, not reported on any media forum other than of course Fox news, this is disgusting in the extreme, I have no time for Trump but don't want him killed and for people in positions of power to come out and state this publically is at best grandstanding, at worst criminal, I hope the bitch does time.

Why are non liberals being labelled racists? are the libs so devoid of  capable thought that all they can do is scream racism at every farts turn?

The republicans are imploding because they hate Trump as much as the left does, they do not want back him or seen to be backing him because they will be branded racists ad they, a lot of them would love to see him impeached and replaced, they might well get a tanking in 2018 and if they do they will have earned it.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on August 20, 2017, 11:49:21 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 20, 2017, 10:59:24 AM

Are you really ok with people ripping down statues that have stood for decades without, I might add, lawfully doing so?

I am at a loss as to which economic collapse you are referring to? maybe you can enlighten me?

For the record the next gaggle of scumbags that tear down monuments should be arrested, charged and when proven guilty do time, the snowflakes are all about acting tough in groups but when faced with fines, jail time and possible loss of job they will back the f**k off, they have as much intestinal fortitude as the loyalist hunger strikers back in the day, i.e. None.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Depression

Stew, politics everywhere are totally polarised because 1% of people own more than half of things. I think it is pointless defending this or that in such a situation given the overall situation although I would draw the line at fascism.  The answer is a new economic system where people are respected. Until this happens there will be chaos.