The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: trileacman on November 21, 2016, 11:09:08 PM
Obama was a great president and I think will rightly go down in history as such. I think he'll be mentioned in the same breath as Kennedy and FDR in years to come. A true compassionate leader.

Pity he didn't get a 20 year term. It's sad so many Americans (and Irish apparently) are so naive and weak minded that they can be brainwashed into thinking he was a poor president. Obamination" is the mutterings of a total utter gobshite.

Sadly in the States around 80% of the population will automatically think someone is the worst possible candidate, President, Governor, Sherriff, TV Station, DJ, Gossip columnist etc, etc, simply because of the party they are in.

Half of this 80% are usually outraged with the other half.

The remaining 20% keep their heads down as the majority of the 80% are outraged at them.
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Eamonnca1

Fear not. Donald will get that uninsured number back up where it belongs and restore the freedom to deny life-saving treatment for pre-existing conditions.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 22, 2016, 05:28:53 AM

Lovely chart but rural and post industrial USA didn't buy it cos they can't see it 

seafoid

Trump has suggested Nigel Falange as UK ambassador. WTF

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on November 22, 2016, 06:14:10 AM
Lovely chart but rural and post industrial USA didn't buy it cos they can't see it

I was addressing Stew's bizarre claim that Obama has been a financial disaster for the country.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 22, 2016, 07:51:18 AM

I was addressing Stew's bizarre claim that Obama has been a financial disaster for the country.
If the US economy crashes again Eamonn Stew wii be proven right.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 22, 2016, 07:51:18 AM

Corporate profits plus 144%, SnP plus 167%
In the real ecopnomy median income pls 2%, home ownership minus 4.6%

Those 4 stats explain why Trump won

stew

Obama was a great president and I think will rightly go down in history as such. I think he'll be mentioned in the same breath as Kennedy and FDR in years to come. A true compassionate leader.

Pity he didn't get a 20 year term. It's sad so many Americans (and Irish apparently) are so naive and weak minded that they can be brainwashed into thinking he was a poor president. Obamination" is the mutterings of a total utter gobshite.

10 trillion debt in eight years, more than every other president combined makes him an absolute nightmare of a president, how is the country going to recover from that?

Obamacare has been a disaster, the rollout sums up this clampetts presidency, a total clusterfuck!

Black people are worse off now than they were ten years ago.

Great idea to give billions to the banking elite, first thing they did was give themselves big bonuses for losing trillions.

Benghazi was on his watch, he let terrorists go for a traitor, I could go on but can't be bothered.

Only a complete and utter moron would think Obama is a great president, Clinton ran on four more years of Obama and the country said no, that's how great he was.

The man is a decent human being, a far better one than the two arseholes who wanted has job, that said he has been a disaster and I pity the monkeys that cannot see it, so attached are they to their liberal ideals

Who pays the ten trillion back then?

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on November 22, 2016, 10:40:37 AM

10 trillion debt in eight years, more than every other president combined makes him an absolute nightmare of a president, how is the country going to recover from that?

Obamacare has been a disaster, the rollout sums up this clampetts presidency, a total clusterfuck!

Great idea to give billions to the banking elite, first thing they did was give themselves big bonuses for losing trillions.

Benghazi was on his watch, he let terrorists go for a traitor, I could go on but can't be bothered.

Only a complete and utter moron would think Obama is a great president, Clinton ran on four more years of Obama and the country said no, that's how great he was.

The man is a decent human being, a far better one than the two arseholes who wanted has job, that said he has been a disaster and I pity the monkeys that cannot see it, so attached are they to their liberal ideals

It won't be paid back.
The Fed has been buying debt since 2009. It will probably cancel it

seafoid

Alt right is bullshit. It's about maintaining a white majority
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/21/alt-right-conference-richard-spencer-white-nationalists

The U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum expressed alarm on Monday over "hateful speech" at a white nationalist meeting over the weekend, and a restaurant apologized for hosting the group after a woman tweeted a picture of herself making a Nazi salute.    The National Policy Institute, a think tank that is part of the alt-right movement that includes neo-Nazis, white supremacists and anti-Semites, held a gathering at the federally owned Ronald Reagan Building on Saturday.
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/1.754493

The GOP is the immigration party. It drives wages down and means higher corporate profits. See Eamonn's chart.

It's going to be Bannon vs the GOP.
There is no way to please the poor voters, the rich funders and the Nazis at the same time.

The coalition will tear itself apart.

johnneycool

Trump being accused of using his new found power to get the Argies to pass one of his planning applications in Buenos Aires and the daughter using the meeting with the Japanese lads to show off a new jewelry collection ala QVC.

Stay classy USA, stay classy!

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on November 22, 2016, 11:01:31 AM
Quote from: stew on November 22, 2016, 10:40:37 AM

It won't be paid back.
The Fed has been buying debt since 2009. It will probably cancel it

I don't really understand your agenda Seafoid.

2009 is not the watershed in the disastrous US finances. It was the election of G.W. Bush. You know that better than anyone here.

Obama was left with a rapidly rising mountain of debt, wouldn't cut spending and had a completely belligerent GOP, who wouldn't let him raise taxes. They are all responsible for the $18Tr. 

As for Trump, he wants to 'do a deal', or default on at least some of it. That'll be fun.
MWWSI 2017

Declan

QuoteAs for Trump, he wants to 'do a deal', or default on at least some of it. That'll be fun.

To be fair he's good at "settling" - See his Trump University figures

5,000 defrauded students, at $35K each = $175mil. Settled for $25mil, walks away with $150mil.

muppet

Quote from: Declan on November 22, 2016, 11:32:08 AM
QuoteAs for Trump, he wants to 'do a deal', or default on at least some of it. That'll be fun.

To be fair he's good at "settling" - See his Trump University figures

5,000 defrauded students, at $35K each = $175mil. Settled for $25mil, walks away with $150mil.

That €25m will be written off as well, so US taxpayers will end up paying for Trump's University fraud.
MWWSI 2017