Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

It looks like its going to take 13 points to be sure

Under Lights

Quote from: rrhf on October 22, 2013, 12:00:43 PM
It looks like its going to take 13 points to be sure

Still likely to be two or three teams on 12 though.

If one of Donaghmore or Trillick win that game- the most the other can end up on is 11 points. Still need another team to make up the playoffs though. This is likely to be one of the teams that will be on 12 points.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on October 22, 2013, 09:23:02 AM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on October 21, 2013, 04:48:03 PM
Sean Cananagh's using Cormac as a bargining point. Absoloute disgrace, He never has given a hoot about his club all about himself. I was chatting a lad from dromore today and he reckons big sean and his brother colm didnt go and watch moy v dromore because man utd were play swansea on tv that saturday evening? Big sean needs to catch himself on. I would love to watch them and Eglish go at it tomorrow night and someone fill Seans face.

Sean Cavanagh has consistently talked about his pride in playing in these games and the fact that he's proud to honour Cormac's name. So he didn't just throw it out there over this fixture clash. The fact that he was prepared to miss the game to play for his club show's where his priorities lay. The point about the Dromore game is a load of nonsense. It wouldn't have been a big deal for Eglish or the county board to move the game forward a few hours or back to Sunday to accomodate his involvement. He was going to play in the club game either way - why did it have to clash?

+1
Living the dream!!!

Moortown Spuds

Sean Cananagh's using Cormac as a bargining point. Absoloute disgrace, He never has given a hoot about his club all about himself. I was chatting a lad from dromore today and he reckons big sean and his brother colm didnt go and watch moy v dromore because man utd were play swansea on tv that saturday evening? Big sean needs to catch himself on. I would love to watch them and Eglish go at it tomorrow night and someone fill Seans face.

Sean Cavanagh has consistently talked about his pride in playing in these games and the fact that he's proud to honour Cormac's name. So he didn't just throw it out there over this fixture clash. The fact that he was prepared to miss the game to play for his club show's where his priorities lay. The point about the Dromore game is a load of nonsense. It wouldn't have been a big deal for Eglish or the county board to move the game forward a few hours or back to Sunday to accomodate his involvement. He was going to play in the club game either way - why did it have to clash?

Should the CCC be impartial or make decisions knowing that it will benefit their own club?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 22, 2013, 12:28:03 PM

Should the CCC be impartial or make decisions knowing that it will benefit their own club?

What do you mean Moortown??  The CCC is made up of members from various clubs and if there is a decision that involves a members club they do not partake in the decision because of obvious bias.  I'm not sure how the CCC could be any more impartial because it will always be made up of representatives with a club GAA background.  It could be made up with different people that could possibly do a better job but the personal bias would still exist.  Eglish have one representative on this board but im not sure if she would have been involved in the fixtures made and the timing of them.
Living the dream!!!

Hereiam

I see some reserve teams are down to play in the championship on Saturday and then a league match on the Sunday. Are these people on drugs.

Onthe40

Div1 table is tight at the bottom..looks like Augher & Omagh will get pulled into the relegation dogfight as well....

Cosmic Fool

Just to a quick count at the fixtures for the week commencing 22 Oct 2013 in the Irish news:

Antrim 14
Armagh 1
Derry 6
Down 13
Fermanagh 7
Monaghan 12
Tyrone 45

Depressing reading for the time of year - are the CCC ever held to account year on year?

stringbean

Reckon the teams on 12 should be safe enough. Trillick and Donaghmore play each other as do Greencastle and Eglish and of course Moy and Eglish, so provided there's a winner in these games then looks like would be difficult for more than 2 teams to get to 12.

winghalfback

I am wondering is there agreed league regulations prior to the league starting each year. Do these be emailed out to club secretary and do they specify rules regarding promotion and relegation time frames for games ect ect. It It puzzles me how Tyrone ccc can force clubs to loose loose home advantage in important league matches at this time of year. Moy are having to travel to garvaghey tonight to play a home fixture v eglish. Meaning they will not have the gate and if they do it potentially will be less than they would have lifted at home also who pays for the use of the pitch and the lights is this covered by Tyrone ccc or out of the home teams gate? I also believe this to be the case for clonoe who play a derby match v Coalisland in Stewartstown same questions apply there. Tyrone county board have alot of questions to answer and championship cant be used as an excuse as no league football was played for nearly 2 months since 24th  August. If anyone can enlighten me id be very grateful.  Thanks in advance.

Pharoch Phantom

Quote from: Cosmic Fool on October 22, 2013, 06:19:09 PM
Just to a quick count at the fixtures for the week commencing 22 Oct 2013 in the Irish news:

Antrim 14
Armagh 1
Derry 6
Down 13
Fermanagh 7
Monaghan 12
Tyrone 45

Depressing reading for the time of year - are the CCC ever held to account year on year?

Antrim
Championship started 9th August
No promotion or relegation therefore no one cares about the league. 

Armagh
Championship started 23rd August
No promotion or relegation therefore no one cares about the league.  Rarely ever complete the fixtures.

Derry
Championship started on 25th July
Promotion and relegation optional.

Down
Championship started on 8th August.

Fermanagh
Only dealing with 20 teams in total.

Monaghan
Championship started on 28th June.
Only 30 teams in the three leagues.

There are other options. Like not trying to win every game with a win at all costs mentality. Is it not great that our football is competitive. At this time of the year that normally results in lots of nail biting draws......

Quarterback

Club football in Tyrone has become a farce with far too many fixtures at this time of year.  Its a disgrace that during the long summer evenings lads cant get playing football.  Moortown are sitting top off Division 2 without having played either Strabane or Urney.  To make Urney travel to Moortown the week before the county final is a complete Joke - it effectively handed the league to moortown.

Moortown Spuds

Quote10. The granting of a postponement of any game is a matter solely for the Chairperson of the CCC and requests for postponements will only be considered in very exceptional circumstances. In the absence of the Chairperson of the CCC, the Secretary of the CCC shall deal with such requests.

LeoMc

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 23, 2013, 10:41:17 AM
Quote10. The granting of a postponement of any game is a matter solely for the Chairperson of the CCC and requests for postponements will only be considered in very exceptional circumstances. In the absence of the Chairperson of the CCC, the Secretary of the CCC shall deal with such requests.

Interesting. I wonder did the Chairperson reject any requests before the Blackwater was re-routed?

Christmas Lights

Quote from: LeoMc on October 23, 2013, 11:36:49 AM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 23, 2013, 10:41:17 AM

Interesting. I wonder did the Chairperson reject any requests before the Blackwater was re-routed?

Are you talking about the allegations of Moy Tir Na nOgs hosing their field on Friday night, thus waterlogging it, thus resulting in the game with Eglish St Patricks being called off on Saturday, thus resulting in Seany Cavanagh being fit to play in the abomination rules the same day and then freeing him up to play in the amended fixture last night?