Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo2

Thats good news for the fella. Hope everyone can give him a chance.

God14

We could have done with him a few times last season all right. For whatever reason we havnt been able to find any decent corner backs.
Good luck to the fella, a rocky road ahead of him no doubt.

WT4E

I see the tyrone minor management debacle rumbles on.

I happen to come across some twisting about it on twitter - I think it was between county board officials!!!

Talk about airing dirty laundry in public!

barelegs

Might be a job that's a poison chalice. The Under 17s were hammered in the Jim McGuigan final this year by Donegal who they meet in the opening round of the championship. Now that'll count for nothing in May but if Tyrone are beat there'll be some crying one way or another by the other party.

redhandloo

Quote from: the_daddy on October 13, 2014, 03:27:42 PM
Quote from: barelegs on October 13, 2014, 01:41:36 PM
Might be a job that's a poison chalice. The Under 17s were hammered in the Jim McGuigan final this year by Donegal who they meet in the opening round of the championship. Now that'll count for nothing in May but if Tyrone are beat there'll be some crying one way or another by the other party.

We're no worse off than Donegal who are making Declan Bonner reapply

Correction.
We are just as bad as Donegal.  Our minor management also had to reapply following last year's All Ireland final.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Tyrone Gaa

Red Hands seek Croker clarification after Donnelly loses minor vote!!

Hoganstand have got hold of this story that Tyrone County Board don't have a clue what's going on up on the hill.  They have asked Croke Park for clarification to find out if Mick Donnelly is still our Minor Manager. This is a farce. I'm surprised Micky hasn't walked away from this knowing he doesn't have the support of the county clubs.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=226064
Living the dream!!!

Mikhailov

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 15, 2014, 03:11:15 PM

Hoganstand have got hold of this story that Tyrone County Board don't have a clue what's going on up on the hill.  They have asked Croke Park for clarification to find out if Mick Donnelly is still our Minor Manager. This is a farce. I'm surprised Micky hasn't walked away from this knowing he doesn't have the support of the county clubs.

I am very surprised at this also that he hasn't walked by now but possibly he is going to play the 'smart' game and seek revenge.

He could be lying in the grass waiting on this whole saga to unfold, clarifications etc which could all take a few more weeks and then when all is said and done he will inform the county board that he is no longer interested and leave them high and dry with wasted time and money and no manager - then trying to get a manager to get all sorted out regarding trials will be a nightmare. apparently Derry have already completed their trials and are ready to go ....

WT4E

Any word of Tyrone retirements or shall we also say forced retirements for 2015.

Any idea of who will be coming in? Bar Fergus

Tommo2

Quote from: WT4E on October 16, 2014, 05:05:48 PM
Any word of Tyrone retirements or shall we also say forced retirements for 2015.

Can we stop this Fergus shit. He is going to need as much support as possible, especially from Tyrone people, players and supporters.

shawshank

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 15, 2014, 03:32:27 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 15, 2014, 03:11:15 PM

I am very surprised at this also that he hasn't walked by now but possibly he is going to play the 'smart' game and seek revenge.

He could be lying in the grass waiting on this whole saga to unfold, clarifications etc which could all take a few more weeks and then when all is said and done he will inform the county board that he is no longer interested and leave them high and dry with wasted time and money and no manager - then trying to get a manager to get all sorted out regarding trials will be a nightmare. apparently Derry have already completed their trials and are ready to go ....

This is the first time in years that Derry is that well advanced, in saying that there still a small number if players not on the panel who may feature yet

WT4E

Quote from: Tommo2 on October 16, 2014, 05:10:16 PM

Can we stop this Fergus shit. He is going to need as much support as possible, especially from Tyrone people, players and supporters.

I support him coming back - everyone has their issues but I actually thought he had changed his name!

The Beard

Quote from: WT4E on October 17, 2014, 04:19:06 PM
Quote from: Tommo2 on October 16, 2014, 05:10:16 PM

I support him coming back - everyone has their issues but I actually thought he had changed his name!

I dont support his return In anyway. Man is lowest of the low. Has repeatedly stole money and defrauded people over and over again. Alot of whom were good tyrone gaa people. Showed no remorse at any stage. And for mickey to bring this man in shows a complete lack of respect to decent tyrone gaa people who have been conned by this con artist.im ignoring the video farce but I cant look past what he has done before

God14

I don't agree with the beards sentiment in anyway, but I hope Mickey Harte knows what he is doing. Tyrone GAA is a very fragmented group at the moment. I can't recall as much frustration  at anytime as now when you look amongst county board officials, management, players, supporters, sponsers, referees etc
So much internal conflict. Ultimately I don't think that'll ease until the senior manager decides he has had enough, but that aside we don't need more devisive scenarios like this one.

Quarterback

Mc Carron was at the fitness tests in Cookstown.  What worries me is that we cant even hold our fitness testing in the multi million pound 'Centre of Excellence'  :-\ :-\

Looking fwd and putting all the above aside I feel the introduction of Peter Donnelly to the Tyrone setup will bring great change.  A born leader, winner, captain and now - excellent trainer he can only help Tyrone.  I Believe we still have the talent, that there is no doubt but we must add steel, grit and will to win.  All of which Donnelly will bring to the table.  He will not accept excuses from the current bunch which I believe there to be plenty...Conditioning is crucial in the modern game and Donnelly will provide a fresh approach to that.  I fancy us to give it a real rattle this year.

WT4E

I heard the general consensus amongst the players where that they didn't want to turn their backs to Cathal McCarron - well I suppose would you??