At last the Gaa have tackled the Big issue in Football

Started by rosnarun, June 18, 2014, 04:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

These Guys are well worth their milage money

[ftp]Goalkeepers will no longer be able to avail of a silver service from ball boys behind their goals, the GAA's Central Competition Controls Committee has decided
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/gaa-move-to-clamp-down-on-ballboy-feeders-30363312.html
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

AZOffaly

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

I remember when my Dad was training Ferbane, I had a vital job. When we had the wind, my job was to go down behind the goals and throw the ball back in directly to the keeper after every wide or score. I had two spares with me to keep it moving. When against the wind, I'd dander off back to my seat. This is hardly a new phenomenon, this is back in 1986 or thereabouts. They really do have little to be at.

Bingo

Mayo4Sam

In fairness this is probably an issue in that one goalie is more likely to get a ball in croke park quicker than another.
Probably all part of home advantage in most cases but then some teams never play their matches at "home"

Fair play I say
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

rrhf

This is another rule to marginalise Tyrone.  When Cluxtons at it it was OK,

Syferus

Quote from: rrhf on June 18, 2014, 07:17:43 PM
This is another rule to marginalise Tyrone.  When Cluxtons at it it was OK,

Tyrone are doing a good job of that themselves.

rrhf

Syferus

Quote from: rrhf on June 18, 2014, 08:46:06 PM
Louth then Roscommon would be a nice starter

Sure what chance do Tyrone have when the GAA are marginalising them so horrifically? Ye won't beat Carlow with those sorts of unfair odds stacked against ye.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on June 18, 2014, 08:53:20 PM

Sure what chance do Tyrone have when the GAA are marginalising them so horrifically? Ye won't beat Carlow with those sorts of unfair odds stacked against ye.

Maybe one day someone will care enough about Roscommon to marginalise them.
That was never a square ball!!

JP

I don't see the problem. Surely anything that speeds the game up is a good thing.

snoopdog

could the keeper not keep a few spares close by post without the need for a ballboy

T Fearon

Thought I was going to be reading about the GAA permitting sales of the magazine for the homeless at games,when I opened this thread?

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 18, 2014, 08:57:49 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 18, 2014, 08:53:20 PM

Maybe one day someone will care enough about Roscommon to marginalise them.

Or Tyrone.